It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ascension really a strategy to keep people from striving for sentient thought?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It just seems weird that the same pattern of charlatans appear over and over again across the ages. Telling people how they can be made stronger/more powerful(playing to peoples ego's)if they only do this or that. Always chasing the next fantastic idea like a child perpetually stuck in a game of make believe.

Instead of rationalism and self reflection these charlatans send people along the path of existentialism and spirit guides. Like a net designed to catch people who manage to get away from the main program of reality(average mindset of limited awareness) and place them in another net; safe and secure to be kept dreaming.

Sometimes I find the behavioral patterns of my fellow "human's" beyond perplexing in how mindless, akin to a herd of cattle or a flock of birds it all seems.

Heck the path to sentient thought isn't really all that difficult to begin with. Just requires self reflection, self awareness, awareness of reality around you and awareness of other perspectives within the awareness of reality.

The hard part is that most social memes are like sticky tentacles that turn into chains. But back to coherent land, it just seems shocking that so many people are like animal's and the memes that people create to keep them like that(kind of like peer pressure to be more masculine or feminine).

It is easier to wonder if someone else is behind it all, because the alternative is far more terrifying but yet so much more likely.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well it is just another cult, that's how all cults start. They start sweet, then they consume you whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
People are animals, behavioral predictions are quite easy if you give up thinking that a person thinks before acting. We are just animals that have lost control of sustainability due to egotistical ventures. Animals naturally seek routine, change is not a normal desire, when a person "follows the leader" they are just creating easy routine. As long as their livelihood is not threatened they will not alter routine because "you can't fix what isn't broken". Brainless obedience seems strange to "thinkers" but its really just a response to maintain a "successful" livelihood.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

I REFUSE to believe that i am a mindless animal, i REFUSE!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There has to be an end in thought, maybe the thought of ascension is it?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A master is at a state of unity, irregardless of his emotional density - one can exist in the same state of being, whether they are in the darkness of the abyss or at the higher planes of creativity.

Personally, I value complexity and variety - being in the construction zone as opposed to the marvelling at the view from the ziggurat.

I find "ascention" to be irrelevant, as the pure realms that constitute the world that I experience in my dreams, are a plane of collective consciousness, no "DNA Activation" is required, no "light body" is needed - all is simply my memories and my imagination.
edit on 1-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by korathin

I dont know that I would agree these practices are lacking in self reflection. Its seems like, at least from what I have read, that a lot of spiritual paths encourage you to meditate and self reflect in order to gain a deeper understanding of the self and how your actions affect others. This is usually the foundation from which all the whimsical ideas sprout. So I really see no harm. I mean if it gets people to live more positive lives I could really care less how far out there their beliefs go.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

You might think so and this does make some sense but I don't really think people NEED that much of an excuse to avoid sentient thought. You are giving them way too much credit with this needing a reason. I'll tell you why it is not present as much as we might hope - People are stupid.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by korathin

I dont know that I would agree these practices are lacking in self reflection. Its seems like, at least from what I have read, that a lot of spiritual paths encourage you to meditate and self reflect in order to gain a deeper understanding of the self and how your actions affect others. This is usually the foundation from which all the whimsical ideas sprout. So I really see no harm. I mean if it gets people to live more positive lives I could really care less how far out there their beliefs go.

I'm going with Korathin on this one.......Yes new age could be a fault if one is led to believe just except, love, and sit still and ashtray and the federation of lightbulbs will come to save you !
But when its about trying to enlighten yourself on your own short comings and misgivings and be a better person and take responsibility for your own actions..............I'm all for that

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
People are animals, behavioral predictions are quite easy if you give up thinking that a person thinks before acting. We are just animals that have lost control of sustainability due to egotistical ventures. Animals naturally seek routine, change is not a normal desire, when a person "follows the leader" they are just creating easy routine. As long as their livelihood is not threatened they will not alter routine because "you can't fix what isn't broken". Brainless obedience seems strange to "thinkers" but its really just a response to maintain a "successful" livelihood.

Be careful with that line of thinking!
It's amusing that so many people think we evolved from animals, but seem to have a really hard time accepting that we might be little more than animals ourselves (albeit sophisticated ones) with a wolf pack mentality. Humans have to be special, right? We can't possibly be a cancer that destroys the very environment we need to survive, huh? We can't possibly be driven by animal instincts, can we?

If you wanna be Batman, be Batman, I say.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by jesusatan

Federation of lightbulbs...lmao. Athough I agree its foolish to sit by and wait for the savior(s) to come I fail to see how this is any different from most mainstream religions. All of them are waiting for someone to appear and vilify the evil and save the world. I think all of it is foolish and baseless. Therefore the new age doesnt bother me because its at the core the same as most other religions.

new topics

top topics

join