It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member from Tennessee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hello, everyone. I have been lurking around ATS and finally joined today. I stumbled upon ATS while searching the net for the story about the White House being struck by lightning Easter and I have been lurking every since. It was shortly before I started lurking here that I had an intense feeling to get prepared....for what I wasn't sure. Then I stumbled across ATS and found other people feel the same way. I had never heard of a bug out bag, until I found ATS, now I have one for each member of my family. I am not as prepared as I would like to be, but I am working on it.

I look forward to participating in threads and getting to know everyone.

~Missy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VeraciousSeeker

Hey, welcome to the mad house. No doubt a mod or someone will be alone shortly to give you the low down on the site and rules, as well as helpful hints and tips.

I would do it, but im lazy.

Have fun, and keep safe.

Cya.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS I just joined recently myself when I found the site while doing research on the net. I do have to ask what do you have in your bug out bag. Thinking about putting one together myself. Don't want to put to much in it and then put stuff not needed.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Could you tell me what the K is for in my mini profile? Mine has a 20 beside it and was just curious what it means.

Thanks in advance.

~Missy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well Howdy there mate, and welcome to the cauldron.

Remember to use your gut for final analyses on your ATS education and have fun.

link   

Originally posted by Classicsoul
Welcome to ATS I just joined recently myself when I found the site while doing research on the net. I do have to ask what do you have in your bug out bag. Thinking about putting one together myself. Don't want to put to much in it and then put stuff not needed.

Here is something quite handy. Stuff to fill it with. Welcome to you as well.

link   

Welcome to the site.
I Am a new member as well.
But this site has so much information that you cant get anywere else.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeraciousSeeker

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Could you tell me what the K is for in my mini profile? Mine has a 20 beside it and was just curious what it means.

Thanks in advance.

~Missy

Missy, im gonna give you a heads up.
You will be nagged to use the search button at the top of the page to find anything, or to see if a topic has been posted before you start a thread etc.

To answer your question about the k, heres the link to a read on it.

K thing mini profile for Missy

Have fun.

edit on 31-7-2011 by BlackDove because: Had too much coffee and now i cant stop dancing.

edit on 31-7-2011 by BlackDove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Classicsoul

Thanks for the welcome.

I have batteries, flashlights, small am/fm radio, matches, lighters, candles, energy bars and water pouches, plus a few canned goods, baby wipes, toothpaste and toothbrushes, travel size shampoo and body wash, duct tape and plastic, change of clothes.....that is all I can think of off the top of my head. I used backpacks so they would be easier to carry, looking around for some military style ruck sacks so I can inculde sleeping bags and mats.

There are some great sites out there and threads on here as to items you might want to put in one.

Good luck and thanks again for the welcome.

~Missy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

THANKS!!! Sheez now I have to go buy a gun....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Thanks so much.....for the welcome and the advice.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

For camping i hope.
Missy wrote an extensive list of items, all i have if the world goes to poop is a tin of year old beans and half a a pack of stale rolls. Still, could be worse i guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Thanks for the welcome and welcome to you too.

I love your signature.....this is something we have started doing recently, I was please to find that we all seem to be fairly good with pistols. Planning on try the bow soon, hope it isn't as hard as it looks.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thank you, Black Dove, I did read around all the suggested links given to other new members, but I couldn't find anythng about the K....didn't think about using the search to find out about it. (feeling kinda dumb for not thinking of that) I appreciate the link.

~Missy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hockenberry0001

Thank you

~Missy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Oh yeah forgot the gun and a really sharp knife and hatchet.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ah no need to feel dumb, im still learning as i go, and like you had a helping hand.
Enjoy the site.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Thanks Black Dove look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi Missy
Love tennessee btw. Ok my bug out bag
emergency hand crank radio
water filter..waterbottle type.
leather gloves(when you are in the woods trying to avoid main drages...you'll need gloves or your hands will be hamburger
peroxide and bandaids for wounds, bacitrcin if you can get it, or antibiotic cream. Blisters, cuts and scrapes will really hamper you.
good pair of shoes(hiking boots) poncho for rain. Good knife and water proof bag with matches, lighter and some kind of fire starter. I like military style poncho liners for sleeping and a hammock but a bag works it just weighs more. load carrying gear.(back pack style...) Water bottles or camelback (water holder for hiking) and safety glasses....for eye protection.Food some protein bars, canned chicken ect. The can from the chicken can be used to heat water for soup(dried...) or make some tea or coffee.
my 2 cents.
:-)
either know your area or put in a good map, digital maps probably wont work

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join