It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Music(intelligent)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Try Squarepusher. I just discovered the song "Iambic 5 Poetry" from the album Budakhan Mindphone. I discover a lot of songs by listening to the music channels on Comcast Cable's Music Choice. Unfortunately they have 3 channels dedicated to various subgenres of country music and about 5 or more for Spanish language music (which is fine but I live in an English speaking country so 5 channels is a bit much imho unless they are gonna have at least one Chinese channel, a Japanese channel, a Korean, Arabian and a Russian channel as well) but not one channel for electronic music. Instead, what they do is they have a channel called "Sounds of the Season" dedicated to Holiday music. Christmas songs during Christmas, Irish folk music during the weeks around St. Patty's Day, German festive and beer drinking songs during Oktoberfest...etc.

And when there doesn't happen to be any holidays going on, they play something called "The Pulse" featuring electronic laid back music. They do have a channel called "Dance" that is played constantly, but, eh... It's really not the same as electronic music. And its definitely not laid back. But it just really confuses me why they do this... Most people do not even know that they have access to this music because they see the name of the channel "sounds of the season" and they skip over it. You only see "The Pulse" and its description if you pull up theE3YÁ info to read the description of the channel "sounds of the seasons", and who, other than a bored old chum like me would actually take the time to do so? Check out Squarepusher!

edit on 1-8-2011 by ZackMorris because: Had to break up the wall of text...

<< 1   >>

join