It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Of The Gargantuas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i was wondering if anyone else has seen this strange japanese monster movie from 1966,released in the usa in 1967 ?, i think its the best one they ever made and considering that they had no computer aide its really well done,the music is extremely atmospheric and ominous.mothra from 1962 is good and the original godzilla is really good but as time went on godzilla was turned into a goofy super hero that would take a human boxing stance and things like that...not war of the gargantuas,theres no other monster movie like it.the green monster is evil and has actually given me nightmares!1.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

awsome movie .one of the first jap movies of the type to really be on my favs list.now i wanna watch it again.jiant battleing bigfoots,dont get any better than that.star for bringing to mind a cool movie to download for tonight.thanx.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hell yes!

We used to play 'Gargantuas' all summer with each of the kids taking turns. I used to love to be the Green Gargantua.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember seeing it as a kid.

I saw it at the drive-in, I miss the drive in's

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the best things about this movie are that the actors real eyes show through the monster masks and make up which gives them a look of realism that the other japanese monsters didnt have,the miniature sets are built to scale and really well detailed and the incredibly ominous and gloomy music by akira ifukube...this film is a sequel to my second favorite japanese monster movie,frankenstein conquers the world,athough the story line between the two is mostly hard to make out,my third favorite is mothra...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing back a wonderful memory long forgotten from my childhood. I loved that movie, my best friend and I had to have watched it at least a 1000 times when we were growing up.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
really good japanese monster movies from the "golden era"...mothra, rodan, the mysterians, godzilla [the original version], king kong vs godzilla, king kong escapes, monster from a prehistoric planet, ghidrah the three headed monster, frankenstein conquers the world,...but "war of the gargantuas" stands alone

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
you can add "son of godzilla" to the list....its pretty weird and a good japanese monster movie

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And one of the first kaiju movies to show humans getting munched for dinner LOL

I love that movie and almost everyone like it, like you couldn't tell

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
the green gargantua has actually given me nightmares...the only other movie character that has done this is margaret hamiltons incredible performance as the wicked witch in the wizard of oz...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
And one of the first kaiju movies to show humans getting munched for dinner LOL

that one scene ruined the movie for me

excellently parodied in 'Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc', ep 9
www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes, I love this film, as well as it's prequel Frankenstein Conquers the World.
These films are called Kailju films, giant monster. Japan was the king. I personally do not like CGI. Sure, some is well done, but I prefer the pre-CGI era. I love the Godzilla films too(except the American one).

If you really wanna see some great films that are really well done, see the Daimajin trilogy.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502

Pieces of Frankenstein's cells mutate into two giant humanoid monsters: Sanda (the Brown Gargantua) and Gaira (the Green Gargantua). The former is a benevolent and peace-loving creature, the latter is murderous and savage.

edit on 2/8/2011 by daikaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
These films are called Kailju films, giant monster. Japan was the king. I personally do not like CGI. Sure, some is well done, but I prefer the pre-CGI era. I love the Godzilla films too(except the American one).

If you really wanna see some great films that are really well done, see the Daimajin trilogy.
thanx for your comment ,i feel the same way you do and i own all three daimajin films!......the music of akira ifukube used in quite a few japanese monster movies, including war of the gargantuas, is hauntingly ominous and awesome!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The wicked witch from the wizard of oz-1939 and the giant green and brown monsters from war of the gargantuas-1966 are the only movies that i have ever had nightmares about...

The wicked witch was flying on her broom about ten feet off the ground right behind me chasing me as i ran through the woods...

The giant green monster had dug a large hole into the sand next to the ocean that he made into a pond filled with ocean water and he kept humans inside it and he would every so often suddenly appear growling and screaming and reach down into it and grab someone up out with his hand and eat them...
edit on 5-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I recently ordered and received a digitally remastered,wide-screen,original japanese release version of "war of the gargantuas" -1966 it cost around $20 and its so much better than the color faded,panned and scanned version thats shown on cable tv and this movie has the most haunting and ominous music i've ever heard...Akira Ifukube's "War of the Gargantuas" Theme > www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
War Of The Gargantuas-1966 > www.eccentric-cinema.com...
edit on 7-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
War Of The Gargantuas-1966 Behind the scenes photo > 4.bp.blogspot.com...

top topics

join