It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious UFO made of polystyrene -Belgian UFO a Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...
ETA: (well-known image at link)

Brussels
July 27, 2011

A photo of an unidentified flying object high in the Belgian sky has been puzzling NASA scientists for over two decades.

But the mystery has now been solved: the man who took the shot has spoken out, and admitted the contraption was a fake he made from polystyrene.

The picture shows a triangular-shaped flying saucer with four lights, allegedly photographed in April 1990 by a young worker. The photo was released after several sightings of UFOs over Belgium in 1989 and 1990.

Another one bites the dust.

One of the favorite photographs of UFO buffs has now been admitted as being a hoax.

While hoaxing is not uncommon, having the hoaxster come clean and admit it is. It helps clear the board of one more photograph that has long been considered as possibly genuine.

This photo became popular during the "triangle ufo" craze in the 1990's forward, and has often been held out as being something of value, a mystery that has, as of yet, been unsolved.Even Nasa has spoken about the photo, stating it left them stumped as to what it could be.

People like this blacken the eye of UFO research, and gives one more reason to disbelievers to turn the other way.

Thanks "Patrick".

I have the feeling that "disclosure" is probably going to be the reverse of what people expect, and in fact will mean disclosure of fakes and hoaxes rather than disclosure of alien existance. In a way, this can be a good thing, thus removing known hoaxes from research tables, but the ruinous effect on true research could be long standing, possibly irreparable damage for serious research.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am in no way saying that this is a picture of a real UFO

but I have to wonder the motivation behind "coming forward" - now - after 20 years....

therefore I question the entire thing....

who keeps a secret like that for 20 years?

I think he's taking credit for someone elses work

edit on 31-7-2011 by Forevever because: clarity

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is a thread discussing this hoax claim at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
There is a thread discussing this hoax claim at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah thanks, I searched and didn't find it by keyword or title. Mods please remove.
>.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I live in Belgium.
I am to surprised that suddenly someone comes clean and admits to a hoax.

Let's not forget that in that same time period a lot more mysterious triangle objects been seen, some showing up on radar and been chased by military jets several times....
On other ocasions these triangles and lights have been seen by police officers and been taken very serious.... I have a hard time believing that this was all part of the "hoax".

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
hoax or not
already posted or not

I still say this guy is only looking for his 15 minutes of fame

I wonder what pics are out there I can claim to have hoaxed 20 years ago..... hmmm.....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

As you noted. This discussion exists elsewhere.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join