It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cowboys and Aliens"...........a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Another film shot here in Tamalewood that I had one day as a background extra on.

It was entertaining and the concept was unique, the CGI was incredible and the production value was over the top but the script was weak and at times, corney. The acting seemed stiff and all the big principals were just going thru the motions. But the supporting characters looked real and added a lot to the film. Perhaps I'm prejudiced because a lot of them were friends of mine.
But if you like lots of gunplay, explosions, silly choreographed fighting, good triumphing over evil then by all means go see "cowboys and Aliens"

edit to add...I don't know who the editors were, but damn they were good, as the pace and rhythm of the film was flawless and if you are into the new technology of filmmaking then don't miss this one.
edit on 29-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the review I've wanted to see this since I first saw the previews.It's just such a cool concept the though, hard @ss guys of the old west, versus aliens,just an awesome idea.
edit on 29-7-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So was it good or bad ? Was there anything in there that could be useful when researching aliens & UFO's ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks
So was it good or bad ? Was there anything in there that could be useful when researching aliens & UFO's ?

No, it was pure fantasy. And a good escape for a couple of hours; Just what movies are designed to do....and make the production company a few bucks.

With all the trashing of Hollywood and media in general; I want to thank the production companies, both TV and Films, that afford many of us here in New Mexico employment in a vibrant and exciting industry. I would do it for free...making movies even at extra/crew/driver level I'm at is so much fun that I feel blessed to participate.

SAG/AFTRA/IATSE.......... in unity there is strength!
edit on 29-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join