It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology to all my employees in DC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dear Staff,
I realize now that I, and my fellow co/owners, have been quite unfair to you, having as many bosses as you do, there is no way of pleasing all of us. Polling two thousand of us and then determining that 70% of all of us feel a certain way is really just a guess and then you have to vote one way or another based on that guess.
We apologize for not giving you the tools to do your work, mainly our clear and concise opinions that allow you to do the job we pay you to do. Good news is on the horizon that I think you will be quite excited about and will allow you to do our bidding in good conscience.
Our plan is to add an additional function to the IRS, this addition will allow anyone with a SS# to call a toll free number, verify their information and then proceed with a touch tone survey that allows multiple choices.
The IRS has the capability to deal with fraudulent SS numbers as this is already one of its functions. Only the results of the surveys will be saved and passed on to you, no identifying information will be saved after the verification of the SS# . Thus every single US citizen who is of voting age and has a SS# can pick up the phone and have his or her opinion really matter on such things as the debt ceiling debate.
We all see what happens when we try to use traditional methods to let you know how we feel, phone lines are jammed, web pages crash and you are left guessing again, this new system of feedback will give you no doubt that the true,verifiable voice of the American people has spoken and then you will have no doubt what we want you to do.
Sincerely,
Your Employer.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SankeySugar

Should I assume this is to elected officials?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes, I think they will be quite happy, don't you ?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SankeySugar

eh i would assume they just don't care...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
problem with your proposal is that I can use a random number generator and a PBX to spam the TFN and get the whole votes on my side...

Or worse allocate non politically active citizen and abuse or buy their votes to manipulate the voting.

It would only work with unique biometric or other unique ID's which.... I wouldn't like.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You have voiced concerns that my friends raised also, with the tech issues I would guess that people have tried to scam the IRS into sending them other peoples checks, phony returns using fake numbers and all kinds of stuff, I would just say that using the smartest minds, which is usually an 16 year old apprehended ex hacker and his friends, we could develop a system to safely provide honest data
The other issues you bring up already exist I think, churches and other groups ask their members to vote one way or another, or suggest it at least, and provide rides to the polling places and snacks or etc, heck all of fox news talking heads could flood the system but they do that already with their own polls, and then tout the results as being" 69% of the American people feel this way" I think that one person, one opinion, verified ,is the only way to get a true consensus and one that really should matter to the politicians.
I am not the brightest bulb in the pack but, we have relied on our voting method to elect people to office because it seems very fair, make your case and then we decide, one man, one vote, fraud and shady stuff happens also during these elections and we continue to fight evil elements that creep into this system, but its still the best way to know how all the people feel.

top topics

join