It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Outcome of Humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There's a lot to fear nowadays. The collapse of the dollar, countries defaulting, global meltdown, and the like. Where is modern society headed?

What are the outcomes?

1) A collapse occurs, and zombie apocalypse ensues.

2) A collapse occurs, and we recover. The loss of more rights.

3) No collapse, and we learn to conserve our resources, and we prosper.

4) Aliens attack (from the Armada hovering over the SW USA), and we become slaves to the Annunaki again.

Let's address these:

1) With the zombie apocalypse scenario, it's everyone for themselves. There's been computer models run, and it's 3 weeks for any major city, until all resources are depleted. That's an average. The bigger the city, the quicker the resources deplete. Event 1 ties in directly with event 2.

2) Event 2 directly provides for an economic collapse, world wars, and destruction on a mass scale. In this scenario, millions die, and humanity slowly recovers from years of grossly neglected principles. In this scenario, people by right may have an identity, but it's closely monitored by the governing bodies. We become slaves to the philosophy that saves us from destruction, the tribal or clan unit, and we become bound to local units that dictate what we can and can't do.

3) They raise the debt limit, and miraculously, the government balances the trillion dollar deficit. The politicians of the world agree to world peace, and every one agrees. Instead of fighting wars, the whole world comes together and we build these huge spaceships to colonize the galaxy. We become a huge federation linked through multiple star systems. Politicians colonize the stars as well. We repeat step 1.

4) If the aliens could attack, they would've already. Nothing to fear. If there was an advanced civilization out there, we'd already be in contact with them. This is simply not a feasible outcome for humanity. Refer to step 1.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think the most logical outcome as follows:
Some rich people will get a lot richer.
Some rich people will get moderately richer.
Most middle class people will continue to support everyone else.
The poor will get poorer.

These crises are the rulers past times.
They decide what they will argue about and then they set about their games of manipulation.
To the victor go most of the spoils. To the loser some of the spoils.
And to the spectators, well they get to bend over and take it once again.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Dear Druid42,

I know this answer, I really do. Food is grown by farmers, people continue to have babies, we continue to trade services. No matter what the future holds, as long as humans are alive, we will continue to do as I outlined. Be well.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You have a very idealistic viewpoint. Are you Amish? Maybe Mormon? You say nothing about driving greed and the cost of farmers farming. It takes millions of dollars to lease farm equipment, hours of labor, and a market that manipulates such goods. Don't think you know the answer, until after you look at the bigger picture. This is a frikken global economy we are talking about. 6.7 BILLION lives are at stake. DO you realize the world wide infrastructure that it takes to support a population that size? NO? Then go home and drink some milk.

The thread is about the outcome of humanity. Please stay on topic with possible scenarios.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sorry for being overtly frank. My apologies.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Why would those be the only options?

Option 5:
People wake up, become sick of being screwed over, realize there are more of "us" than there are of "them" rise up, eject all politicians and power mongers, and begin to develop a more equitable society and economy.

Option 6:
Assumes that option 4 is partially correct, if aliens wanted to attack they would have already. What if they wanted to help and have been waiting for the right time when we begin to take responsibility for ourselves rather than just leaving it to "leaders". They come with advanced technology showing us that we no longer need oil and other fossil fuels (which Tesla did many years ago anyway) and we begin to rebuild society with higher and better technology.

Options 7-infinity:
Any number of less cynical possibilities that involve people taking power back and the "elite" that have been in power getting knocked down lots of notches.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Dear Druid42,

Didn't mean to offend you, I gave you my honest answer. We will have wars, we will have disease, we will have corruption, that is what I believe. If we have 200 or 6 billion people on the earth, these things will exist. It is a free will thing, we are sentient beings. If you wish more short term answers, tell me your time frame, ten years, hundreds of years, I will be more responsive.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I see a couple different possibilites:

1. Through technology humans extinct themselves. Bio weapons, self replicating machines, WMDs, destruction of the climate/atmosphere etc.

or

2. Through technology (genetic manipulation, cyberization etc.) humans become something far different than the creatures we are today, in which case I have no clue how the next evolution of humans will play out. It could benefit everyone and we become a peaceful space faring civilization, or it could turn ugly, the have's ruling over the have not's on a scale far greater than what we are experiencing today.

Whatever the case, I think the exponential increases in technology make it unlikely that humans will carry on in the same fashion we have been.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The US will continue losing its hold on the global economy, more rapidly than ever now. It's protected interests will be at last overrun by new enterprises that take advantage of new technologies and more efficient and renewable energy. A lot of re-thinking about corruptive powers of black market industries so the world becomes less restrictive. Pop media will influence culture to seek new endeavors promoting personal achievements that seek out the best qualities in everyone while striving for individual excellence.

Our systems of justice will look to bring individuals of like mind together so they may pursue their interests with others agreeable to similar ideologies. It would move toward our largest cities and commercial centers becoming zones where the people in them are held to the highest standards and only those of the most impeccable character may enter and remain in them, while every perceived societal abberation will be given its place so that its residents may be productive to the extent of their desire to be so, or not.

Too much utopia to conceive all at once but if the eschaton is being immanentized we want it to culminate into something meaningful.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well, dude, you're getting lots of answers!

Here's what I see: Steps get taken by more enlightened individuals to forestall what seems like an inevitable collapse. Then, either 1) others see that these stopgap measures have some effectiveness and get behind them and the collapse continues to be delayed, or 2) the remedial work gets interfered with and the collapse is accelerated.

How people choose between 1) and 2) gives us some window of time to work on deeper issues.
So we all have some measure of cause in how this plays out.

To the extent that the deeper work gets done, more or less beings get through in better shape and are able to actively assist in the deeper work. If there are enough it could have a kind of snowball effect. If they don't get the support they deserve, these workers will still hang on as long as they can and probably do a lot to ease the situation for the rest of us.

Ideally the situation gets turned around enough so that everyone on earth can be salvaged. But a certain percent of fall-off is inevitable.

At some point, a new paradigm sets in on the planet. This depends to some extent on how successful the deeper work was. Ideally, everyone realizes that a way through the situation does in fact exist, and they all make it through. A very good result would be a 97.5% success rate. A pretty good result would be a 75% success rate, But any success rate would be better than none, and we have already achieved that, basically.

I'm not sure what the solar system will do. If it misbehaves like it has been it could get very rough for us physically. It will be much less rough spiritually to the extent that more people see the new paradigm as workable.

Ideally the earth survives intact and we go on living here for hundreds or thousands of years. Worst case we all have to find other planets.

The ETs, like the PTB, are in extremely desperate shape. They have made it very rough for us so far, and will likely to continue this. But ultimately they are not the real threat. Our own ignorance is our worst enemy. The best defense from their work is the new paradigm, which includes a technology that produces a being with very much greater spiritual resilience. That is primarily what we need. All the rest is just mechanics. Our spiritual resilience will determine how well we come out at the other end of whatever is really happening right now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

My apologies, I didn't state near future in the OP.

Thousands of years from now I'd assume we'd either be extinct, an evolved life form, or colonizing other planets.

Keep it close, say fifty year span from now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I'm sure those aren't the only options. Please feel free to add as many as you'd like.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Dear Druid42,

Within the next 50 years I expect to see continued economic woes, these will miraculously go away in about a year or so, jobs will return and things will get better. We will either default on or nationalize the Federal Reserve. A way will be found to keep most people in their homes, the unsold one's will be rented out. People will make less money in the U.S. and more in other countries; but, more people will be employed. People will begin integrating with machines or using gene therapy to "improve" themselves. Cars will be taxed based on the number of miles they drive each year. Things will be nicer and then things will really begin to get bad. My answer to your OP as modified by the 50 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Wow, you are really polite.
Thanks for posting here with the decorum expected from ATS members.
Star for you!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Something will happen ... but not what you mentioned. The most logical step is to change the system because ... well communism and democracy ... and monarchy failed us big time and are the reason for the millions of deaths across modern history. After the system changes there will be some clashes because well conservatives exist anyway but when it all dies down we will see some prosperity until some a-hole finds a way to corrupt that system too and then the whole thing will repeat.

join