It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is social networking a waste of time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I suppose it depends on what you have in mind by "waste of time".
Personally I find such modes of expression vulgar, needless and certainly of no business value (all the more so if now "everyone" is using it), except maybe for those who are in the "entertainment" business, astrologers and such., people whose money depends on their more or less mindless public.

I think many people don't realize that their vacuity of mind is on display and that the chances of garnering other people's admiration (surely that's why they're on FB?) are lesser than before.
I don't mind telling you that anyone who uses FB loses a little of my respect.

So, yes, I would say it is a total waste of time, if what you're trying to do is to secure the respect and admiration of someone "special", be it personally or in business terms.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's a nice place to interact with your friends and keep up to date with artists and other things of interests, but it can quickly become a timewaster which prohibits you to take part of the real world.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
sites like FB & MS are just there to burn time, anyone who would post personal info on a open network are just stupid, Twitter is different mainly because the people you follow are in some way interesting to you, i think this sentence sums it up perfectly,

Facebook is for the people you know. Twitter is for the people you wish you knew

<< 1   >>

join