It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner’s Response Is Work of Political Fiction: Jonathan Alter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This pretty much sums it up:

www.bloomberg.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The lies about the "bi partisan" bills was really almost too much.

I'm not quite sure if he ran a business in Ohio..........did he mention that?

Also, why does he keep speaking about an increase in taxes? Does he not know that 98% of Americans will not have an increase if the Bush cuts are done away with? Ahh ok I get it, he's misleading the public. He wants us to believe that we are subject to the tax increase. Actually it isn't an increase at all. That 2% would simply be paying what they haven't had to for years. He forgot to add that as well.

I think 4 Democrats signed off on the Cut Cap and Trade. Since when is an upward of 200 + 4 = bi-partisan?

This guy is seriously evil and only for corporate profits and he's willing to pull America down just to do away with Obama. It's quite sad and yet the Americans with Stockholm syndrome clap it up. "Yaaaay! Nobles and serfs! Can I be a serf too?"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The lies about the "bi partisan" bills was really almost too much.

I'm not quite sure if he ran a business in Ohio..........did he mention that?

Also, why does he keep speaking about an increase in taxes? Does he not know that 98% of Americans will not have an increase if the Bush cuts are done away with? Ahh ok I get it, he's misleading the public. He wants us to believe that we are subject to the tax increase. Actually it isn't an increase at all. That 2% would simply be paying what they haven't had to for years. He forgot to add that as well.

I think 4 Democrats signed off on the Cut Cap and Trade. Since when is an upward of 200 + 4 = bi-partisan?

This guy is seriously evil and only for corporate profits and he's willing to pull America down just to do away with Obama. It's quite sad and yet the Americans with Stockholm syndrome clap it up. "Yaaaay! Nobles and serfs! Can I be a serf too?"

You are incorrect.
newsbusters.org...

... Bush tax cuts that passed in 2001 and 2003 gave middle- income earners a 10 percent rate on couples’ first $14,000 in income; subsidies for college expenses, a higher child-care credit and relief from the marriage penalty. Keeping those and other reductions for the 130 million households earning less than $250,000 would cost about $300 billion a year, according to the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation.
The Bloomberg item also notes that "President Barack Obama campaigned for election in 2008 on a promise of extending the Bush tax reductions for families earning up to $250,000 while eliminating the cuts for higher- income Americans, a position also embraced by most congressional Democrats." Of course this means that many other Americans earning below that amount received tax cuts.

We are NOT talking about cuts for the top 2% only. The Bush tax cuts benefit my family, and we are certainly not anywhere close to $250,000 per year.

Unless you are a part of the 50% in America who pay absolutely no income tax at all, then YES, YOU will benefit from the "Bush" tax cuts.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Bush Tax Cuts impacted more than 2% - they impacted me as well and I'm not where near that. The 'bi-partisan' lie is not invented by Boehner last night. Its been used ever since I've listened to politics (20+ years) ago. If one Republican (usually a RINO) joined the Democrats they labeled it bi-partisan. Nothing new there.

The more serious lies that were told is that neither mentioned the continued devaluation of the USD which is a stealth tax on all of us and no one mentioned that in all of these plans we give them +$1 TRILLION today for a promise to pay us a portion of it back in 10 years - because we all know how responsible government is with promises and money.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Newsbusters, now there is a reliable source.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Newsbusters, now there is a reliable source.

I'm sorry. I forgot that Liberals can't accept anything as true when it comes from a non-Liberal source.

Is CNN good enough for you?

What happens on Jan. 1 if Congress does nothing?

Everyone's federal income and investment tax rates will go back up to where they were before the 2001 tax cuts were passed. In other words, your tax bill next year would increase.

If the tax cuts do expire and tax rates go up, you may notice the difference in your wallet as early as January, when your employer starts to withhold more taxes from your paycheck.

The Tax Policy Center estimates that a married couple with two kids under 13 and a household income of roughly $75,000 could end up paying about $2,600 more in federal income taxes next year than they would if the tax cuts were extended.
money.cnn.com...

HELLO???? Can you see that for a family like mine (definitely NOT wealthy) that our tax burden would go UP ? Should a family making $75,000 have a tax burden increase by $2,600 per year?

I am so sick of the misinformation about these tax cuts.

new topics

top topics

join