It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea a threat - cautions Australian foreign minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

AUSTRALIAN Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd has warned that nuclear missiles from North Korea could one day reach Australia, dubbing the Stalinist nation "detached from reality". Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Very interesting - this is front page news at the moment in Australia.

I follow this region, and this is the first time I've seen an article like this splashed across the front page ... very interesting.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sounds like the movie tomorrow when the war began

www.youtube.com...

And the video game home front

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Sounds like the movie tomorrow when the war began

www.youtube.com...

And the video game home front

www.youtube.com...

Let's hope it's conventional, not an ICBM landing at our doorstep!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Some people may argue that the ANZUS treaty will protect Australia sadly with the American Empire crumbling it Australia is on it's own

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

People seem to always discount the resilience and training of the Australian Defence Force - we are not some backwater country unable to defend itself.

Secondly, we have strategic value - if nothing else, the UK would provide assistance if we were invaded.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Sorry to argue but in the game Homefront it explains that with the world economy going down to hell the UK failed to help the US. If the world is in deep sh!t I don't think the UK will be able to help with Australia at the moment although I agree your military force are quite great
edit on 24-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Sorry to argue but in the game Homefront it explains that with the world economy going down to hell the UK failed to help the US. If the world is in deep sh!t I don't think the UK will be able to help with Australia at the moment although I agree your military force are quite great
edit on 24-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

That was a game... if the world goes to war, economic conditions do not have much bearing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i do believe economic will have some bearing. how long will the professional army of any nation fight.. if thier paychecks stop?

if their families have no food?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
i do believe economic will have some bearing. how long will the professional army of any nation fight.. if thier paychecks stop?

if their families have no food?

On our own shores, until there was no man left standing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
sounds crazy.. but they seem to bee "away" if you know what im saying

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
aus would be a hard country to take, north korea couldn't do it, they could only icbm us to any effect, indo could try to take us out, but they'd have to get form carpenteria to east coast do any real damage, and the logistics of moving that many ground troops would be nightmarish.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

The economic state of a country would change if it was engaged in a full scale conflict - everything would change.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

War generates economy. Manufacturers go from making civ vehicles to military vehicles. People get employed that way.

Australia isn't in any deep yet economically.

We also have several US Army bases here, so to invade us is almost a sure sign you're invading US land too.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

the uk would help but i think you aussies a be ok, u do have english blood running through most of you

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Or of what's left of the U.S. economy. Too much money spent and a war it cannot afford on the verge of an economical default. I say do not count on the U.S. anymore, it won't be able to pay their military first.

Second, the money with super inflation will make everybody paying 1000$ for a loaf of bread. Either way if the U.S. collapse I do not wanna be the country to be targeted for an invasion, especially not the U.S.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
reply to post by starwarsisreal

People seem to always discount the resilience and training of the Australian Defence Force - we are not some backwater country unable to defend itself.

Secondly, we have strategic value - if nothing else, the UK would provide assistance if we were invaded.

Exactly, Australia we are the Commonwealth. More powerful than USA.

The United States wouldnt have the balls to take the on the Commonwealth and all its power.

But in reference to the article, Kevin needs to shut his mouth. Not very smart Kevin, to point out we are watching them.

Anyway he his is a puppet for the faceless Freemasons running the labor party. Its exactly why he got the foreign ministers job after losing the Prime ministership. and exactly why it's front page news the elites have an agenda there in NK that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

I agree Dudd needs to shut up, NKs beef is with the US and SK, why even bring us up. Aust would at least be 3rd or 4th priority for NK if they were going to fire nukes and by that stage the world would be chaos.

Look at the picture in the artical Dudd is even late for his meeting.

sigh @ Aust politics.
edit on 25-7-2011 by deenuu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Rudd's an idiot..

He's just after a UN job and using the Aussie people to get there..

Saying things like this in public can only add to the situation..

When he goes in for his heart surgery they should stitch his mouth shut..
Then he'd be a far better politician IMO..

top topics

join