It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is about to get hotter in Conflict & War zones, for the soldier that is~The Worlds First CRU™

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Product Launch in A few Weeks from Now 7/15/2011

The Worlds First Bullet Resistant CRU™ Guardian Uniform that has been in development for over 10 years is finally here. Bullet ProofShop.com is proud to have teamed up with Amendment II as the first dealer/distributor of this outstanding new Combat Ready Uniform system that is customizable which provides ballistic protection previously unavailable in traditional uniforms throughout the world.

The CRU™ Guardian has been designed to surpass the current military standards in quality, craftsmanship, durability and protection making this premier new product suitable for not only the U.S. Armed service, but also for all Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies around the world.

CRU™ Guardian Uniform

Sweetness!

It is about time some thing was done about the armor to protection ratio. But these suits are going to be a lot heavier and therefore hotter to wear, than traditional uniforms. Personally, having deployed in a combat capacity and seeing first hand what can occur in a warzone, I would wear this. Heavy armor sucks, but if these reduce the weight and make it easier to move around in a vehicle than a bulky vest, than I am all for it.

Hopefully the armor will have special sheer thickening nano fluid to act as trauma plate replacements. This way the kinetic energy of impacts can still be absorbed.

Of course, field testing still has to play out so lets keep an eye on this emerging product and hope it work out.

edit on 22-7-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Uh oh...If the military implements this, the higher-ups are going to want to spread "democracy" to other nations. Seriously though, this will be very beneficial to soldiers in the field. Despite despising war and spreading "democracy" to other countries, I do NOT blame the soldiers who are sent there.

Having been in the military, I know that the majority of recruits join for reasons that don't involve combat. Although some do, most are not joining simply to go to combat because it's "cool." So with that said, anything that can be used to protect them from the situations that our government gets them into, is good in my book.

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed the video.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Too bad their range demonstration didn't include 7.62x39 from an RPK or a visual of the breeches sturdiness after a RPG-7 blast at ~5 meters from point-of-impact or point-of-detonation. Beyond that I'll bet $2.00 (the movie "Better Off Dead" comes to mind) that if this uniform is fielded overseas, someone will give it a thoroughgoing work-over for peace of mind measured against its ease of maneuverability & weight.

Cool thread.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I could see this as a optional uniform for urban envorons, but humping the mountains of Afghanistan is going to get a whole lot tougher wearing this.

Joes have a tendancy to carry to much with the attitude of "You never know, I might need it" while on long patrols. With the reinforced pockets, they'll be stuffing much more than a MRE or map in them.

At a minimum, you are right, this will be a hot uniform which will cause more heat related casualties.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I am the Dealer for the New CRU Guardian ballistic Uniform These new CRU ( Combat Ready Uniform ) pants will weigh in about 3 1/2 lbs. As always the company is looking into even more lightweight technology that can be incorporated into the uniforms.This weight is actually not bad in reference to the protection received by wearing them.

The built in tourniquets are patented and are positioned below the ballistic material closer to the skin to work efficiently in the event of a direct hit on the femoral artery or a major leg wound.The tourniquets are positioned on both arms and legs and are covered to prevent being snagged or mistaken deployment.

These new uniforms have come from 10 years of research, patented technology, fabric and ballistic experts, teams of industry professionals and hard work to think of and resolve every issue that would face the US warfighter to make these uniforms the most protective, the lightest and the most advanced uniform in the world today.

The uniforms as seen on my website will be very close to the military ones but there will be a few more secret sauce extras incorporated in that really can't be discussed yet. There is a military and law enforcement division of the company and these that you see are the CRU Guardian Law Enforcment Uniforms.

Thank you for the thread and I hope I have cleared up a few questions that some of you might have had.

edit on 23-7-2011 by scottyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by scottyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scottyv

Thank you for the comment and informative link. These new uniforms may be exactly what has been over due for some time. I personally support this idea for combat troops and other personnel who will have to go into harms way every day.

top topics

join