It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom mini-profile background image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
what is this? do i get access to special avatars? also, is there a way to preview a purchase before you buy it? like the custom background color. what if i dont like it? do i purchase it again? just wondering...

one more question....why cant i post or reply on BTS? it says im not logged in, but i am logged on on ATS. do i have to do it again?

[edit on 14-8-2004 by sublime4372]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hey sublime 4372

although you are logged in on ATS when you go on to BTS there is a log in section, just enter your username and password on it and it should be alrite to post and reply

cant really help though about the custom mini background part though, if its any help to you there a bit called member centre u2u and there is a ats store in there, it gives a description of stuff you can buy

hope it helps, am sure som1 will be able to help more

rynaldo

[edit on 14-8-2004 by rynaldo82]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the custom mini background color is to change the color where you avatar is, like mine is purple,

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

the custom mini background color is to change the color where you avatar is, like mine is purple,

the question is custom mini profile backgroung image. i have the color. what i want to know is if you can preview the color first. and also what IS the "custom mini profile backgroung image". is it a special avatar or something? and, while Im at it, how or where can i get a special signature? ive seem some pretty sweet ones on here....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
51 views and one reply? come on, people...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I assume that you can have a picture instead of your background-color.
I�m not sure, but I think so.
If you would have to upload a picture first someplace, I don�t know.
This is just my guess...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
the question is custom mini profile backgroung image. i have the color. what i want to know is if you can preview the color first. and also what IS the "custom mini profile backgroung image". is it a special avatar or something? and, while Im at it, how or where can i get a special signature? ive seem some pretty sweet ones on here....

By preview do you mean see how it would look on your mini profile? - If yes, take a screen shot and colour it in.

Custom mini profile background image simply lets you have an image in the space behind your avatar where the colour would normally be

You can use the same BB code that you can in posts in your signature

Be careful not to break any rules though - Avatar and Signature Guidelines

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
How do I get a bigger background picture like some of you have?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
How do I get a bigger background picture like some of you have?

What do you mean?

Do you mean size of mini profile?

If you do that can be made bigger by use of a bigger avatar.

Or do you mean a picture behind the avatar?

If so you can buy Custom mini-profile background image for 2500 points at the ATS store.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I tried but it took up all my points, I want a bigger avatar, but it wont let me have one, so figured ill just chose a big background picture. I tried to put it on but my points went away with no picture.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Your background image doesnt show up because you put the image URL in wrong. This is the URL of the image you put in www.abovetopsecret.com... either it was too long and it took off the last few letters...or you just didnt copy it all. But you need to shorten the filename and reupload it and put it all into the box for your background image.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh, ok thanks, I will try it again when I get enought points again.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Or you could just try using a bigger avatar.

160 (width) x 320 (height) is the biggest you are allowed to use.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Bingo, I didnt know it was a pixel restriction, i thought it was a size restriction. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
actually there is a size AND pixel limit to avatars. 160 X 320 and no more than 75K in file size.

and we cant see your name...please change your text color ASAP. thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
PM is no longer a mod??

I have a question relating to this...

I changed my background from a "custom mini-profile image" to simply a solid color - it should be black...but I'm still seeing my old flames pop up...

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You need to remove the image as well as choose a color, enter a space in the image field.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
EDIT: Oops...I see what you mean now Kano...

[edit on 10/5/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

join