It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My boy turned 5 today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Had a lot of fun, but if I have one more piece of cake..... I'm gonna blow chow all over the floor!

Man, it seems like just last week that my wife and I brought him home from the hospital....... now he is starting kindergarten next month.

Suddenly finding myself sad..... (you moms and dads know what I am talking about!)

Happy Birthday Hoss!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Awwwww, Happy Birthday to your little one!!!! They grow so fast. Take lots of pics and videos and preserve those precious moments.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! My boy is 7!
Hang on to it while you can - by gosh it goes too fast!!
I don't realize some things are over for good till they've ended for a while. So sad.
An example was bath time. A cherished time where I'd sit in the room with him and read - and chat, while he played with his toys. It was a great wind down for both of us. Warm and cozy in there and it smelled so good like all that baby soap does. Then he expressed an interest in showers - and never looked back, and it took me a few months to realize that special time was done, just like that. A passage.
So suck it up and notice all the small stuff while you still can - because they grow up so fast.
~ Bird

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
HAPPY BIRTHDAAYY TO HIM!

My little one just turned one! It feels like it took me forever to get to 20, and 2 seconds for her to get to 1!
Enjoy every minute of it!
I hope your day was eventful and I wish your little one many many more!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
Had a lot of fun, but if I have one more piece of cake..... I'm gonna blow chow all over the floor!

Man, it seems like just last week that my wife and I brought him home from the hospital....... now he is starting kindergarten next month.

Suddenly finding myself sad..... (you moms and dads know what I am talking about!)

Happy Birthday Hoss!

Actually, it's my B-Day today as well.

Your boy must be smart, handsome, kind....and humble.

Happy B-day for your boy!

Jude11

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Congrats to your son and to you and your wife as well! And go ahead and have another piece of cake, you know you really want too

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!!!!!

Gonna be busy for the next two days.... he has a billion and one DVD's that he "NEEDS TO WATCH RIGHT NOW!" (yeah, he made that abundantly clear).

And there is a lot of cake left for those of you that like the kind that has 2 feet thick of 'pure sugar' icing!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

a sincere Happy Birthday to your little person. you & wife are blessed to have a child. i hope you all enjoy many wonderful times together for all the years to come.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Hoss!!!

Suddenly finding yourself sad ? Just wait till he's 16 and driving out the driveway by himself.

I'm just glad I got a girl...I couldn't afford to feed a boy.

Anyway take him hunting.fishing and growing a garden and he'll be fine

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
uhm yeah welldone, also, great way to utilise ats.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

ATS is not always about Doom and Gloom.

It's also about the members, families, friends, lives, experiences, ups, downs, failures and successes.

In other words...ATS is also about people.

Take a minute to get to know some of us. We're all in this together.

edit on 20-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

every party needs a buzzkill

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Wow! Thanks? Maybe take it easy friend. "General Chit Chat" seemed like a harmless enough forum to share my excitement on.

I kind of figured that if anyone would have had a problem with my post (outside of a mod) would have been mature enough to pass it by and pay it no attention.

Guess I was wrong.

And honestly, your opinions of my utilization of this forum bothers me none.

You have a great day!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh, and get him a dog...A big dog ,like a Lab

Every boy NEEDS his own dog

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Are you the clown he hired?
Why didn't you show up?

Be nice it's chit-chat.
and pappa is proud, as he should be.

Tell the little fellow happy Birthday from "space"....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

notice all the small stuff while you still can - because they grow up so fast.

So cliche and yet so true. Mine will be 11 this year and, yep, it seems like it was just yesterday when I could easily hold him in my arms. Now it's girls and gadgets and 5th grade and...Hey! where'd my baby go?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Happy Birthday to your little guy!

Yes...I know what you mean.....when they first go to school....for me it was difficult because....they are exposed to so many different people.....and just who exactly are those people! I hired a private investigator and had all the teachers in the school's backgrounds looked into....plus some of the other parents too.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2011 by caladonea because: double post...sorry

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Now the real job bigins.

From your screen name you have selected I can tell much about you.

You have to DAILLY quiz him about what he did in that Indoctrination center you are sending him to.

Even being in Arizona does not mean the progressives have not infiltrated the school system even there.

They will be trying to tell him that you are stupid and they know what is best for him.

I spent HOURS every night with my four insuring they understand their parents point of view was the one they shared and not what the indoctrinators were trying to brainwash them into believing.

You are in for a GOOD experience,you have a young man to develop.

Try two girls.

I used to have hair.

top topics

join