It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says shot down a U.S. spy plane over nuclear site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Iran says shot down a U.S. spy plane over nuclear site

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Iran has shot down an unmanned U.S. spy plane over its Fordu nuclear site, a state-run website reported Wednesday, a day after it confirmed it was installing a new generation of advanced uranium enrichment centrifuges.

"An unmanned U.S. spy plane flying over the holy city of Qom near the uranium enrichment Fordu site was shot down by the Revolutionary Guards' air defense units," MP Ali Aghazadeh Dafsari was quoted as saying by the Youth Journalists Club, affiliated to Iran's state TV.

"The plane ... was trying to collect information about the site's location ," he said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Im not really sure what will happen after this... anyone have a clue what the reactions will be from the US, Iran or Israel?? Could this trigger something bigger? And does this have any relation to the thread on the the ATS homepage?: Pentagon Warning Order: Prepare For WAR! www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I suspect it will take more than a report by the Youth Journalists Club to launch us into war.

Iran claimed that they had shot down drones before; only to have the US deny it, saying the crafts' had malfunctioned.

I am concerned however, that the idea behind the reporting is being telegraphed.

However you look at it, someone gains from our friction with Iran, and it is neither Iran nor us.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Could be those new centrifuges that they are building
hosted.ap.org...

In any case if Iran sent a spy plane to the U.S. BAM!
Act of WAR!!!

Obama would be screaming Act of War and a state of the union speech would arise within hours

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I hope this won't trigger anything.

It would overly ridiculous if it caused any consequences; just like wondering why a non-iranian jet fighter packed with bombs was shot down after it circled for hours over Teheran.

But you never know how the media handles such an event.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
During the Cold War the USSR also shot down US spy planes and the US also denied that they were spy planes.

The US better tread softy.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is a true example of the small minded, hypocrite mentality that is spreading like a noxious DISEASE!!!

Deny ignorance? Expel ignorance? Or open your mouth and prove ignorance?

If the US was saying it shot down a spy plane over the US, most of you posting here, would demand proof, while sniveling and drooling on about conspiracy this and TPTB that.....

BUT... some dirt squirrel web site, uses 2nd hand info, and the drooling folks are on the attack, blaming the US for everything..

Do you believe the media or dont you? Which is it.. Or do you only believe the media when it fits your "world view"???

Damn hypocrites!!! Its pathetic, yet funny at the same time. Absolutely ZERO character... and NO moral compass!!!
edit on 7/20/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I reposted a link form Reuters... the story originated from an Iranian State TV affiliate.. You are right.. it very well could be false. It could also be true and then the Pentagon denies it. We will never really know unless there was really good first hand video or something. Either way.. it got picked up by Yahoo, Reuters, MSNBC etc etc... that alone doesn't seem to be a good thing in regards to future peace in the middle east.

edit on 20-7-2011 by danman23 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
If the US was saying it shot down a spy plane over the US, most of you posting here, would demand proof, while sniveling and drooling on about conspiracy this and TPTB that.....

BUT... some dirt squirrel web site, uses 2nd hand info, and the drooling folks are on the attack, blaming the US for everything..

You aren't exactly wrong
However.... unfortunately no other country is involved in this many wars
No other country has this many bases all around the world
A simple visit to the Dept. of Defense's website will show you how many(about 900) bases are all around the world, in about 130 countries. Once you see that it will sound more like the Dept. of Offense.

You have to keep in mind
Plus did you see my Somalia/CIA thread?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
U.S. is denying this ever happened
I'm happy to agree with anyone who says "Photo proof or it never happened'

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Iran must produce photo proof or it didnt happen. I went to PRESSTV and saw the picture of a US drone from like 2 years ago that looks like it was from the cover of Popular Mechanics.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah, you also wont hear Iran say that the reason they installed these "new generation" centrifuges this week was because stuxnet virus so badly damaged the previous ones they had no choice but to scrap the system and begin anew. Iranian and Russian engineers worked for almost a year to repair the centrifuges and associated computers to no avail.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Build Up and Condition,

Cause, Reaction,Solution,

One Must Persuade the people into believing 'twas their idea and accept it as reality,

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
U.S. is denying this ever happened
I'm happy to agree with anyone who says "Photo proof or it never happened'

US also denied the last few times Iran has wasted their drones. You think the US is going to acknowledge the truth in this situation? "We were penetrating sovereign Iranian airspace above one of their holiest cities and they used their primitive weapons to down our cutting-edge spy drone". Yeah right

I also like the fact that this is just another example to prove the reality of intelligence operations. Most die-hard Americans blindly think they can just take some pretty pictures from a satallite without any chance of failure. They don't realize the reality of practical situations, which is why the US would feel it necessary to send drones over Iran in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Why would you believe an Iranian claim any more than a US denial??

both countries have agendas - the Iranian theocratic despots need to keep having the US do something evil in order to justify their own repressions in het first place.

I don't trust US denials all that much either - but I need to be convinced that the Iranian claims have any credibility before I'm even going to bother looking at the US story.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Iran must produce photo proof or it didnt happen. I went to PRESSTV and saw the picture of a US drone from like 2 years ago that looks like it was from the cover of Popular Mechanics.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Iran claimed that they had shot down drones before; only to have the US deny it, saying the crafts' had malfunctioned.

yeah things tend to malfunction after they've had a missle ram themselves home

new topics

top topics

join