It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good telescope ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
need some help. whats a good telescope(astronomy) i want it to see good view of the moon mars satan ect.... can any yuo guys/girls point me in the right direction ?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
try internet search to find info, then shop, can find deals from china if you look ; alibaba or something like that a yahoo search will bring it up, e bay has a guy in Maryland, if you look long and hard you can find internet robotic telescopes, big ones you can get time on for a fee or membership. hope it helps, also local clubs exist all over have a look

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey...I have a small but decent scope, it's a Meade. It has autostar, which really sucks, btw. I had the thing for a month before the go-to feature died. I suggest trying to stay away from these Scopes, as there are hundreds of people online who have complained about it.
On a side note, which direction should I point my scope to see Satan? My guess is Andromeda...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Looking for Satan then try Uranus

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The telescope you buy depends on what you want to see and how much you want to spend. There are several different types, but the "best bang for your Buck" tends to be a Newtonian reflector. Theses are perfect for looking at local areas (planets and the moon), and if you get a larger aperture scope (8"+ objective mirror), one can even spy on nearby galaxies, such as m-81, my favorite.
Hope this helps...
Lobe

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

HAHA damn someone already beat me to the joke about the mysterious celestial body AKA SATAN!!

but yeah anyways, back to the topic -

@ OP

I would recommend you research the different types of telescopes available, it's not too much of a read and understanding the differences between them will give you a really good idea of the exact sort you are after. I know you probably just want others to tell you but at the end of the day you would know best what you are going to use it for and with that information only you will be able to make the most informative purchase that won't leave you feeling let down.

a good starting place is here : This is the main page with a lot of lists of information (link)

From there I would recommend you click on the main Bold titles that outline the types and they will have a little blurb of information for each near the top that will let you know their strengths and weaknesses etc...

Hope that helps a bit, probably not the kind of response you initially wanted but if you are getting into astronomy and making a purchase, I'm sure you'd want to not waste money on something just because others tell you it's good as opposed to knowing it'll perform well and suit your needs whilst remaining inside of your own personal budget.
edit on 19-7-2011 by JaxCavalera because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join