It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The 3rd Eye Just A Metaphor (Open Disccusion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think the 3rd eye is a metaphor, just as enlightenment. Reaching a point of realization. As in my PSI instructions, I believe that some think its comfortable to call it the 3rd eye, and some think its more comfortable to call it enlightment. What do you guys think I would like to hear from my peeps across the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, to me it's real. I've done a 3rd eye opening meditation once, after which my forehead was throbbing so hard it felt like a mini heart was in between my eyes...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What type of meditation did you do?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Check out my personl status dealy.

Prying open my third eye.

No clue what it means, got it from a song.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Imagining silverblue/indigo light streaming into my third eye from the moon, while sitting still and breathing deeply. It's nothing more than chakra charging... After about 6/7 minutes the throbbing starts.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I would be interested in doing this Bandit!

Any links or information?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.xtrememind.com...

They have a yahoo forum, and it's somewhere in the archives... (2001 or so)

It's about charging chakra's with chi...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some abilities actually do seem to use a wave-type energy emitted from the frontal lobes which winds up coming from the center of the forehead, thus the "third eye"....however, its not really related to sensing, that seems to be associated with the back of the brain.....

LL1

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You'll find this interesting.

www.bethcoleman.net...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I always thought it reffered to the pituitary(sp?) gland located right between the eyes? Scientists say it's related to all things ESP. Anyways that's what I believe I feel when I try to meditate on my third eye.,

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think that behind the appearance of a simple metaphor there is a thrue meanign to the expression 3rd eye. since the moment i was a child i always looked to a spot i have exctly between my eyes, and i sensed that shows my 3rd eye focus point. this is just a theory based my personal experience, nothing more. but i always thought there was something strange about this spot.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I like your method bandit, simple smooth, and easy to keep focus. Mine are usually complex. But i might switch if I lose focus.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wait till you get an orgone generator to point at your third eye. It is more intense then!!! I did it with mine once. And there's a stronger one than mine (J99 orgone generator) that others used and experienced some intense stuff with.

You can read their experiences in this forum.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm checkin it out now

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Whatever you choose to call it, there is a portal at the place which is traditionally called the third eye.

On a few occasions, I have had visions literally explode in my forehead, in between my eyes. Its strange, because the visions aren't really coming from any particular place in space, but if I had to say where I experience them, I would without a doubt point to that point of my forehead.

U.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have had swirling sensations in that area of my forehead since i was a kid .But nothing like what i am going through lately, right now i have had the most movement in that area (3rd eye) that i have ever experineced.
might explain why some of the stumbling blocks have been removed for me in my remote viewing and understanding of time and dimensions of time.

It sure is nice to have the ATS to come to and talk with other like minded people on these subjects and get their feedback on this subject without ridicule.
Parker

[edit on 14-8-2004 by parker]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It is just a lable (for a real area). We are made of energy (living) and flesh (non living without the energy). The energy has it's own rythem or flow I guess you'd call it. The area they call the 3rd eye, (where the cartoon cyclops monster would have an eye) - it is one of the 7 major centers of the energy pools - all 7 having a different yet combination like reason/rhyme. It deals with alot of the things we think of when we here "3rd eye". But, no, you won't actualy see through it.

Swirls of color and such, someone mentioned...This comes when energy is flowing (or if the bright light is playing havoc with your closed eyes).

It is not a particular 'place' to 'see or go' for the metaphysical type stuff really, but it can be a focus to bring your awareness up.

About some abilities coming from that area - yes and no. It's actualy above the head that the in/out kind of stuff is at it's strongest.

Just remember that where you focus energy goes.

top topics

join