It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cemetery photo 07/16/11 - analysis requested

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The headstone looks crisp compared to the rest of the picture, and the black shadow around your grandson does not match up with the natural outline of his body. I'm not by any means an expert, but that's what I see.

If it is something supernatural, Satan is at the root of it.
edit on 20-7-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
First a disclaimer: I am not a photography expert nor even a photographer.

I did, however, take an honest look at the photograph. I even put it into my photo editor (GIMP) and turned it upright to make it easier to examine.

You mentioned that the shadow outline along his left side seems to get narrower around his shoulders. The outline starts at his pants leg ( which I didn't notice until I enlarged the picture) and follows pretty uniformly up his leg and around his fingers with the knuckle and wrist being discernable. It then takes an odd shape along the forearm and continues up to merge with his shoulder.

So, here is my (unprofessional) opinion:

I think your grandson turned slightly just as the picture was taken. So, rather than the shadow being narrower, his shoulders appear wider to the camera.

Oh, that's a very interesting theory! That may very well explain it. So the photo could have captured his shadow when he was rotated such that his left side was more turned away from the camera, but then captured his body when he had rotated more toward the camera. I don't know all the algorithms and such of how a digital camera works, so this may very well be possible. That's why I posted here! Thank you so much!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

First of all your Grandson is just adorable, he is truly striking.

One more thing is that I ALWAYS love a good search through old grave yards! Thankyou for taking time out with your family to go get the evidence.

As for the picture, it really does immitate your Grandsons side of body just elongated from the exposure and the time of day/shadows.

Another thing I was getting a hit on was wondering really if when spirits are present in photographs if they have certain energy signatures which interfere with a normal snapshot? I say it is possible but have no proof to back it.

Did you get any voice phenomena that day as well?

Have you tried going up to Jerome yet? You should make a day/night of it and not just the typical places like the 'hospital'...

Please keep searching as this is what makes me live vicariously through other's ability to get out there and do the things I love to do but cannot at this time.
edit on 20-7-2011 by antar because: Would love Worldwatchers oppinion on this...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ok my "expert" opinion as a photographer who works in the paranormal

its simply a blurry photo i dont personally think that there is anything in this picture

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for the feedback. I think you've all helped us, along with a lot of reading we have done ourselves, to understand this most likely was possible by camera tricks due to the combination of exposure time and movement.

I appreciate everyone who took the time to look at the picture for me!

On the question of if we got EVPs. We did not try to get any audio. We only took photos and there were some odd things that happened in photos as well as in personal experiences. I did not want to share any of those up front because I was afraid it would skew the thread. I wanted the facts on this particular picture and didn't want the full story tainting that.

It was a very dark feeling place. My daughter and I actually went to another cemetery the next night. The second cemetery we went to actually has more potentially legitimate reports from it than the first. I say this because the second cemetery has reports from respected adults in the community versus drunk teenagers who go out to party in the first cemetery. In addition the second cemetery has included full body apparition sightings and physical contact (actually violent physical contact).

The first cemetery was much more ominous feeling than the second. In fact, we actually didn't have any personal experiences, bad feelings, or photographic anomalies in the second cemetery. But the first cemetery was very creepy feeling. There was one set of graves in which my camera kept acting up and I could not get a good photograph. I could point to another set of graves and get a perfectly clear photograph, but I could never get anything but a total blur on the one family plot.

Also, I did see something. I'm not sure what it was but it was a very white spot in the trees, and this was after the sun had set. I was looking directly at it and then it disappeared, as if it moved behind a tree. I won't share what it looked like, because that's just my opinion.

There were times the place went totally quiet and that was pretty disconcerting to both my daughter and myself. This happened several times. The katydids were very very loud and there was bird activity, but when these times would come it would go totally silent and last several minutes. During these periods my daughter kept seeing movement over by one grave (which was a baby). This grave was kind of disturbing when I visited it (my daughter and grandson had gone on ahead). For some reason I just stood there a long time. When I started walking away I kept hearing footsteps behind me. I would turn, and of course nothing would be there. I even walked back toward the grave several times trying to see if my own footsteps would create the sound of footsteps behind me, but couldn't reproduce it. Every time I started walking away the footsteps behind me would begin again. It was eery, but I can't say I was real scared by it.

Eventually we began to hear footsteps walking along the east side of the graveyard. Because our vehicle was parked just outside the gate to the cemetery, which is along the east fence of the cemetery, we decided we should go, because the foot steps were headed in a direction that would place whatever it was between us and the vehicle.

It was an interesting night.

My grandson insisted I lay down with him until he went to sleep. lol!
edit on 7-20-2011 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I've looked and the only things that I can see are the lights of your devices, the shadow around him (from movement) and what seems to be a hazy figure in the upper left (when the pic is rotated). I am not sure what the hazy figure is but it could be the light coming between the trees in the background. Just a bit of a tip; if you are using long exposure times, think about using a tripod so that the camera is not moving.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
honestly is this the best photo you could post.ide love to be open minded. but thats just terrible...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
First,
I am jealous, I want a Rebel T3i, Awesome camera can do a lot of things and take fantastic pictures! With a good camera photography is complexed that is why there are pro's out there, which I am not, just photo editing I'm good at.

After looking at your camera settings you will find you are creating shadows with the camera and flash, movement from the camera holder and object(grandson) will cause the picture you are taking.
The flash, is a double flash too fast for the human eye to see but its there and this is what can cause some distortion in shadowing.
Since your daughter switched to manual mode, I think that is where the issues are at.
Here is a good link to explain camera settings and shadow effect
rolandlim.wordpress.com...

The more blurry a picture is, the more imagination takes over, I would love for you or daughter to master that camera and get a picture of something paranormal. I just don't think it was this time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

To be honest I don't see anything, why did you see anything when you were there?

KWytch

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Hi Valhall, thanks for the interesting photo and this thread

On the left hand side of your son, there are shadows, which I don't understand. Like a shadow of himself. I see a flash was used, but still not sure how that explains a shadow running up his side. I wish the pic was flipped, not sure if I can copy and flip it myself to get a better look, I'll mess about a bit to see what I can get....bit tricky holding my laptop sideways
lol (back soon)

edit on 7-9-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join