It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen Blow Up Egyptian Gas Line To Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Saboteurs blow up an Egyptian pipeline distribution station in northern Sinai that supplies natural gas to Israel.

At least four masked gunmen attacked the station, near the town of Al-Arish, about 30 miles west of the Israeli border, in the early hours of Tuesday. The attackers ordered the guards on duty to leave and then blew up the terminal, starting a fire that could seen from 12 miles away,

There were no reported causalities. It was reportedly the fourth attack on facilities supplying Egyptian gas to Israel this year. Fourth try and they seem to finally have gotten their point across. Meanwhile protests in Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt become active while fighting continues in Libya, and the world continues to become increasingly more mad by the second.

Egypt has been trying to renegotiate gas prices with Israel and Jordan after President Hosni Mubarak was forced to step down in February, amid charges of corruption stemming from selling gas to Israel at below market prices, among other things. Israel says it pays market rates.

Source
edit on 15-7-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You would think that after the 3rd time, Egypt will make an effort to guard that pipe line station.
But NO. The Egyptian government chose to to turn a blind eye, and there is a reason behind it.
Did I mention the Muslim brotherhood yet ?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm finding it quite humerous that Israel is complaining that somebody is not letting something they need in.

When you consider how they stop stuff getting into Gaza the stench of hypocricy is overwhelming.

I'm giving a big thumbs up to anybody who can make life for the criminals in Israel more difficult

new topics

join