It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church-goers - religious or hypocrites? Listen to your soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I believe that a lot of people who go to church are hypocrites.

I also believe that a lot of people who go to church really believe, but blindly.

I do not believe in organized churches because there are too many hypocrites and liars, especially the so-called religious heads of those churches.

I believe that the heads of the Roman Catholic church are corrupt. And I believe that many more so-called church people are corrupt.

I would be interested to know:

Poll - Vote Yes if you think churches are corrupt.

Vote No if you think I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm voting.................yes, some are and no, maybe some aren't.

Yeah, I had my fill of the hypocrits at church. My dad met his next wife at church and my mom divorced him.

The minister's wife subsequently told my mom she would go to hell if she got remarried.

Meanwhile, that same woman was having a sexual affair with another male member of the church.

I soon after came to believe what my oldest sister had insisted. That it wasn't good to go to church because there were too many sinners there that could infect her.

Maybe there might be some small churches somewhere that aren't filled with hypocrits. I don't really know. I avoid churches like they are plague ridden.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Judge not or you will be judged. Its actually not your place to judge the people in church which is interesting because its a common problem but by judging them you are in fact doing the same thing they do just differently. Nobody is perfect. God is the only one who can judge so do not let other people stop you from showing your respect to God.
edit on 15-7-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Thanks, ky

It is nice to get people responding.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

In the case of churches and church going people you have to take the good with the bad. Just like with everything else human organized its imperfect. Sure some are corrupt and do horrible things. But you also have the good who do things like feed the homeless and other humanitarian acts of kindness. It is not black and white.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Why is this in D & P's..? It should be in C in R...

On topic: as to the voting, what box do I check if I think the OP needs more work..?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

I also believe that a lot of people who go to church really believe, but blindly.

I do not believe in organized churches because there are too many hypocrites and liars, especially the so-called religious heads of those churches.

I believe that the heads of the Roman Catholic church are corrupt. And I believe that many more so-called church people are corrupt.

I would be interested to know:

Poll - Vote Yes if you think churches are corrupt.

Vote No if you think I am wrong.

I wish your questions were as easy to answer as you make them out to be.
Yes, some people in churches are hypocrits and some are corrupt, just the same as in any society or group of people.
I don't know what you mean by corrupt though? in what way?
I will speculate here though and assume you mean that the churches take our money and the leaders cream some off the top for themselves. That seems to be a general thought by none church goers.

The way that the church of England works is that two or more people are elected to take whatever is collected in the service, count it and bank it. The leaders of the church have no contact with the money at all. I should know because my wife is a leader of her own church and i tell you that the wage that she recieves is not great and we are always short at the end of the month.

Also in the church of England we have to be self supporting. that is, what we collect in the service is all we have to pay the bills, that is after 10% has gone to good causes. We are £7000 short this year.

As for hypocrits, I don't think that there is one person in the church that isn't. we all gossip, we all bend the truth at some time or other because we are just not perfect. That is how we are made. BUT the important thing here is that we realise that we are not perfect and by going to church and meeting like minded people, we can work together to be better people in ourselves.

I hope this helps you understand more from someone who is in the thick of it, so to speak.....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
um, let me think.

Yes
10 million yes's from all the poor childrens sphinkters.

Sorry but its the truth. Harsh but christians have to be able to cop it as muslims are bashed to hell on ATS lately.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Good call. Everyone on Earth is hypocritical at some point in their life.

Jesus warned to "beware" of the false teachers/Christians who were really wolves in sheeps clothing.

Apparently He was joking when He said that?
edit on 15-7-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus also didn't preach in Church.

Churches IMO, are the places where the Wolves corral the sheep. I stopped going to church because of all the thievery, outright lies, hypocrisy and blatant power struggles.

I believe in God, not Jesus, Mohammed, what have you. They were just men. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back on topic, I vote with a loud and resounding YES!
edit on 15-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Jesus also didn't preach in Church.

Ummm, in Israel 2,000 years ago "churches" were called synagogues. And Jesus taught in them beginning when He was 12 years old, and throughout His adulthood.

"And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all." ~ Luke 4:15

"And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people." ~ Matthew 4:23

"And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons." ~ Mark 1:39

"Jesus said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum." ~ John 6:59

"Jesus answered him, “I have spoken openly to the world. I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together. I have said nothing in secret." ~ John 18:20

I believe in God, not Jesus, Mohammed, what have you.

Well, that's a start I suppose.

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." ~ James 2:19

edit on 15-7-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Church is to spirituality as pharmaceuticals are to medicine. They simply market and twist a good thing into institutions of judgement, influence, and money.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus also taught on the shore and pretty much wherever he could. He didn't need a building to do so, just a crowd willing to listen.

I was once a Alter boy, and for those who are s'n-word'ing, No, I was not assaulted. But I saw so many things that it eventually turned me away, not from God, but from the Catholic Church. It actually launched my quest for knowledge, not just Theology, but life. It is a quest I will be on until the day I die. Actually I think that it is quite possible that the Church did me a favor.

I believe that God has given me a mind and heart to do what is right. I try to follow that as my guideline. I don’t need a book to tell me to help someone in time of need or to pull the trigger to put down someone who is hurting someone else. (I’d prefer not to do the latter, but have done so.)

But in the long run, if you do good by your fellow man, I will always support you, regardless of your religion.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Jesus also taught on the shore and pretty much wherever he could. He didn't need a building to do so, just a crowd willing to listen.

True, and I never said Jesus did not teach outside. But you claimed He never taught in "church", which 2,000 years ago Jews called it a "synagogue".

I was once a Alter boy, and for those who are s'n-word'ing, No, I was not assaulted. But I saw so many things that it eventually turned me away, not from God, but from the Catholic Church.

This poster will never argue with someone for seeing the errors of Catholicism.

new topics

top topics

join