It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling! Rant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Please if you are racist don't reply.

I'm so mad , I need to tell someone what happened to my daughter-in law this week at a C V S store.
My daughter is a good girl she cleans for doctors offices as a job.
We live close to a CVS store where she goes and
spends around $20.00 a week on personal Items.

Now this is part of her enjoyment time so she looks around.
My Daughter is biracial and the cashiers at there have given her a hard time.
This week though one of the cashiers told her to buy something or get out!
and that they know she has been steeling there (which is untrue)

I called the manager of the store, which I feel is also encouraging this racial profiling.
My daughter in law is not a thief!!!!!!! I am so mad!
If I had extra money I would get a lawer...Does anyone think I have a case?
By the way she was with my 2 year old granddaughter at the time,

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I sure would not go back there !
Wal Mart is about the same...cameras watching
If you feel they are profileing spend your money elsewhere!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
tell the manager your never shopping there again. that should make heads roll.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
Please if you are racist don't reply.

I'm so mad , I need to tell someone what happened to my daughter-in law this week at a C V S store.
My daughter is a good girl she cleans for doctors offices as a job.
We live close to a CVS store where she goes and
spends around $20.00 a week on personal Items.

Now this is part of her enjoyment time so she looks around.
My Daughter is biracial and the cashiers at there have given her a hard time.
This week though one of the cashiers told her to buy something or get out!
and that they know she has been steeling there (which is untrue)

I called the manager of the store, which I feel is also encouraging this racial profiling.
My daughter in law is not a thief!!!!!!! I am so mad!
If I had extra money I would get a lawer...Does anyone think I have a case?
By the way she was with my 2 year old granddaughter at the time,

You would need solid evidence(video evidence preferably) and/or a witness(more than one would be better) that would be prepared to testify.

Even then you would have the drama of dragging this through the court system. Not a pretty prospect by any account.

At the end of it all what do you think you would gain?

This last question may seem a little heartless but, there isn't much beyond money that litigation would achieve.

If you can provide evidence and a witness(or witness's) and wish to do this upon moral grounds(don't really care for the money but wish to bring it to the public's attention), you could try litigating for a nominal amount(say $100,000) and state that any money received will go to a charity after lawyer fees are deducted. This would then make a good story for the media(morality & nobility) and would also protect yourself and your daughter from being vilified by the media for cash grabbing.

You may even find that you could approach a university and get the legal faculty on your side. This could greatly reduce the legal bill.

But at the end of the day, the crunch would be to provide evidence and/or witness/s.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Urban Outfitters (NY) is pretty bad with that too. If an African American drops off a resume, they will write a capitol "G" on the bottom. This stands for "Ghetto", and the managers won't hire them. I worked there for a month, due to the economy, ( I had been laid off of my previous job). Incidentally, they would schedule me for 2 to 4 hour shifts at minimum wage, it took me 2 months to make $500. These are the jobs your forced to take due to company closings. I hope these places realize they can't racially profile as much when you have to start hiring overqualified workers, we aren't teenagers, you can't take advantage of us.
edit on 14-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

I'm confused already, sorry. Is this your daughter or daughter-in-law you're talking about. Not that it makes a difference in terms of how a person ought to be treated... but I got confused about whether you were talking about one person or two different people in your post.

What makes you think a person being bi-racial is an obvious reason someone else might be rude to them? When people are rude to me, I just assume they are rude by nature or having a bad day.

I wouldn't feed the negative energy by pursuing a lawsuit. That's just my way, though. Do as you see fit. Write a letter to the company and CC: the branch manager... that's what I would do.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would get their headquarter phone number and call and complain about the store at which your daughter went to.

You never know. Maybe something good will come of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yeah, a lawsuit regarding this may be too much. The thing is, teenagers steel all the time, regardless of race. And sadly, having worked retail, alot of stereotypes are proven true. Not that they aren't false at the same time. The thing is, most stores have a policy about not interfering with theft, for legal and safety reasons....So whoever was hassling the girl either has no life and/or is having a power trip because they have no real authority. You may be able to call corporate headquarters and complain, maybe you can get something out of it, or get the person canned....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just call their disctrict or even corporate office,file a complaint,and make sure you tell them you will no longer be a customer there!I bet she'll never be bothered again.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank-you everone for posting. I needed to know that I wasn't crazy and this is unjustifed...

To answer the persons question about my daughter/daughter-in-law the answer :
she was rised by a reliogous grandmother until she was 12years old ,then the grandmother died and my daughter-in-law was back with her bio-mother(which would party and lock her out).At 14years old she meet my son and has lived with me since.
She is now 20years old and a great kid and mother.
And like a daughter to me, that I will protect and stand by like a mother for ever.Even if her and my son ever split.

top topics

join