It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bungie, Halo and 7he number Se7en

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This thread was deleted because i posted it blank the first time around

Anyway, back on topic,

I have been a avid game player in my spare time and also played a lot throughout my childhood, like a lot of people on here, ( that does not mean to say i do not know what "the outside world" looks like
) Again anyway, I am a big Halo fan, Halo being the Microsoft game created by Bungie Studios.

I know this may seem a bizarre or to some people down right silly topic but i believe it is strange, So i am posting this in Skunk Works.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9758345c7f9.png[/atsimg]

Aside from having a obvious connection with symbolism throughout all of the "so far" Halo Series. There is also a lot of Numerology in the halo game/s ( and other Bungie Studio's produced games) concerned around the number 7.

I understand that Bungie openly admit that they have a fascination with the number 7 although they will not explain why. Interestingly enough, Bungie is not even the game companies real name!

According to the company, only a few people at the top know what they really call themselves.
( where have i seen this before ), although they do advertise as

"Bungie LLC, formerly Bungie Software Products Corporation prior to its emancipation from Microsoft, is a video game developer founded in 1991."

By digging around in company name registrations, it's been found that the name "Arte Seven" is also registered and addressed to Bungie's offices. So maybe that is the real name.

Here are a few actual facts that are linked directly about the number 7 and Bungie,

"Bungie Day" is the name that Bungie give to the 7th of July. 07/07/____
"Bungie Day, a mock holiday Bungie created to celebrate the number seven."

Bungie has a 7-step Plan for , Quote , "World Domination"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7888c5c48e9f.jpg[/atsimg]
ok so it is a bit of a "piss take , but its not the content but the more the fact they had 7 steps , although saying that , a few of the steps mentioned are true and serious." They completed step 6 in 2007, on October 1st.

just to add comment for step 5 .

Ling-Ling is Bungie Studios' dog. Only it's not so much a dog, but a dog's head. It's contained in a jar of formaldehyde. The dog's head was once lost, but it has now been found, and is kept somewhere inside
Bungie's Offices.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69aa0491d734.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b4450c23d4c.jpg[/atsimg]

Bungie keeps Ling Ling's head in the fridge at the office.

Ling ling has 7 hairs on its head, and it can be seen on the official Budgie site media page.

"Bungie Lore" ( I $$$hit you not, ) contains the phrase, "Seven is Darker." , although on the official Bungie website it is often spelt as "se7en" as are other significant words they spell such as Truth, "7ruth" ( hence my title ).

Another part of "Bungie Lore" is titled - Seven

Yet another part of "Bungie Lore" is the "The Seventh Column", the name Bungie has given it's "community".
Note - The seventh column in the Periodic Table of Elements are "Halogens".

Here is a list of some examples of 7 being used in the various Halo games

Here are just a few that i found myself in Halo Reach -

Noble team consists of 6 original Spartans, 6 dies and they bring you in as the new Noble 6 Spartan ( 7 including your predecessor ).

A lot of the Bungie weekly Challenges have given out 7777 Credits,

Bungie day 07,07, gave out 777 Credits for every game completed on the Bungie Day play list.

On the Halo official Website, you will find the number 7 everywhere including some icons and logos.

In Halo 1,2 & 3 the Master Chief's ( player character ) identification number is "Spartan 117."
The word "Spartan" itself contains 7 letters.

There are seven Halos in the universe of Halo.

The monitors of each Halo are named by exponents of 7, such as "343 Guilty Spark" (7^3=343 and "2401 Penitent Tangent" (7^4=2401 ) )

Halo 3, the final game in the 1st trilogy series, is released on 25th September 2007 = 25/09/07.

The first two digits of the year the Halo series takes place in (2552), when added together, equal 7.

The same goes for the last two digits of the year. Also, if you add together all of the digits, you get 14, 1^2+4^2 = 17, and 1*7 = 7 or 14/2=7.

There are 49 achievements in the original Halo 3 (before the TU2 patch), 49=7*7.

There are 7 terminals in halo 3.

The Marathon Man achievement has 7 stars in it.

At the end of the final credits in Halo 2 and Halo 3, Bungie includes a shout-out to those who "they didn't have room to 7hank." Note the 7 in the place of the T like in many other Bungie instances.

The famous Halo logo a gear with 7 spokes, with the bottom one extended to the centre known as the seventh column symbol.

There are 7 vidmaster achievements that need to be completed in order to receive Recon Armor in Halo 3.
In Sandbox, a Halo 3 map, there is a weapon you can spawn in forge called the 7-Wood - a golf club.

It takes seven needles from the Needler to for a super combine explosion.
The Ark has seven arms.

At the end of Halo: Reach, there's a 7 at the end of the credits.

In Halo: Reach, when you get every single streak available, you end up having 117 Kills.

In Halo: Reach, while playing the Mission New Alexandria, and when you reach the disco club, the ball in the middle emits 7 Light Rays.

Here are some more references from a different source

The symbol on the Banshees' wings is made up of 7 red blocks.

The pelican most featured in the game is E419. 4+1+9=14. 14/2=7.

In Halo 2 there are 7 Covenant races seen: Grunts, Jackals, Drones, Hunters, Brutes, Elites, and Prophets.

The phone booths on Terminal are all numbered 7.

If you look closely at the Master Chief's helmet, you can see a faint 7 (This is best viewed in the 1st cut scene on Metropolis).

2401 Penitent Tangent: 2401 is 74. It can also be read as 2+4+0+1=7.

The Grave mind speaks mostly in heptameter, a poetic style with 7 meters per line.

On Outskirts, in the small dark room where the IWHBYD ( I would of been your daddy but a dog beat me over the fence ) skull is located, there is a number 7 on the wall.

To obtain the IWHBYD skull, one must face 7 waves of Ultra Elites, with 7 Elites in the 7th wave.

In Outskirts on your way to the Blind Skull there is a sign bearing the number 7 nailed into the wall.

In the first mission, it takes the bomb 7 seconds to explode. At the end of the Halo 2 Campaign Demo, 7 elites are seen dropping in.

There are currently 7 Covenant vehicles. Wraith, Ghost, Spectre, Scarab, Banshee, Phantom and the Shadow. There are 7 drivable vehicles in the game: the Scorpion, Wraith, Spectre, Warthog, Gauss Hog, Ghost, and Banshee.

In a deleted scene, a longer version of the cutscene at the start of Sacred Icon, Truth and the Arbiter were viewing 7 murals that showed how the Covenant had grown.

There is a clearly visible 7 scratched into the left cheek of Miranda Keyes.

The ODSTs seen in-game belong to the 7th Shock Troops Battalion.

The player fights in 7 levels as the Master Chief: Cairo Station, Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo, Regret, Gravemind and High Charity.

In Metropolis, near the end of the level where you have to destroy the Scarab, Sergeant Banks carries a communicator.

On the back of this communicator is the Hindi word for 7, written in the Hindi script.

Firing the Plasma Rifle until it overheats will drain 7 power units, assuming it is not burst fire.

On Headlong near the bridge which connects to the Needler Building, there is a piece of paper with the number 7 pinned on the wall.

The multiplayer map Terminal has a large 7 on the station building.

There is a 7 on the lower part of a Pelican's ramp.

You face 7 pairs of Hunters in the level Gravemind.

In Headlong the number 7 is nailed by the side of the door on the building that has the Energy Sword

When the UNSC ship In Amber Clad was in the Battle of Earth numerous units from the 77th Marine Regiments are on board.

There are 7 levels of caskets in the Mausoleum of the Arbiter.

In the level The Great Journey there are 7 large plasma cannons.

If you count the total of Phantoms in all of the Human levels such as Metropolis and Outskirts you will get a total of 7 Phantoms.

Firing the Sentinel Beam until it overheats will leave a remaining charge of 77.

The Broadcasting station for Terminal is Channel 7.

It took 7 seconds for the bomb to detonate in the last cutscene on Cairo station.

7 hexagons make up the zoomed targeting reticule of the Covenant Carbine.

In the trailer for Halo 2, when Master Chief walks in to the hanger and launches himself into space (which his BR55 is replaced with the Covenant bomb in the game's cut scene), above the door to the hanger is "A-07". In the Vista version of Halo 2, the Silent But Deadly Achievement requires the player to kill 7 enemies from behind without being spotted.

In the level Outskirts, there is a total of 7 Shadows.

On the level Zanzibar, to get the easter egg about finding Ling-Ling's head, you must put the Xbox clock on 7:07

On the mission Arbiter, the hidden subtitle is seven words long: "Scrape them as excrement from our boots!"

Halo is not the only Bungie game to do this; they all do. For instance, Pathways into Darkness (1993), Bungie's first commercial success contains a mysterious death message that reads:

"Seven men in overcoats jump from the shadows and carry you away. You are never heard from again."

As well as other games such as Oni...

(

The plot of ONI may be familiar to some of you.It all takes place around the year 2032. (2+0+3+2=7)

It goes pretty much like this ..

The game world is a dystopia, an Earth so polluted that little of it remains habitable. To solve unspecified international economic crises, all nations have combined into a single entity, the World Coalition Government

... Marathon,& Minotaur etc..

So yeah the number seven is used a lot by Bungie Studios , who lets not forget are owned by Microsoft.

So that is just a few of the references there is still a whole load more from the other Bungie games , a lot of them are listed in the below links. References for Halo 1, 2 ,3 ODST, Wars, Reach the other stories such as Halo & The Flood , Ghost of Onyx etc..

Oh and i might as well show you this too, here is the newest Bungie logo to add to there also very strange collection, ( ill only put a few i know this thread is much longer than i intended )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f536c3f7eb68.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4bf4288ee9c.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e45de4309d00.jpeg[/atsimg]

Enjoy and here are some links for my sources ...

halo.wikia.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

halowiki.net...

www.bungie.net...

www.survive-the-illuminati.com...

One last thing, What type of respectable company would put on their "about us" section , on the first page you view .. .. ( which funnily enough has a number 7 icon as its logo )

Although the only ever official explanation reaches new heights of unbelievable lameness, the secret of the actual Bungie name has become so closely guarded, that even a few Grizzled Ancients either don't know or aren't sure if it's true.

There truly is a very strange reason for the company being called “Bungie,” and we daren't reveal it here. There are…penalties leveled at those who reveal the deepest secrets.

& also on the very same page ...

But the Webmaster has another, more nefarious purpose. One that will not be revealed until it is too late. For you all.

I mean there is a joke and joking about and then there is really taking the piss and taking it too far, to take a

to steal a quote . . .

"If this is all some gag, a joke of sorts; then it would be brilliant.
Bungie has based their entire universe around it so it would be safe to assume they take their humour seriously."

Enjoy : )

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
kudos for your thread john, but personally i think its just a case of the bungie MD being a bit superstitious.
after halo 3 im suprised theres still a 'bungie' to talk about, guess its their lucky number.
must be working, somehow.
edit on 14-7-2011 by neonitus because: grammUr

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Those are some very interesting observations. My friend's aunt and uncle work for Bungie (aunt is a marketing graphic designer and the Uncle is one of the weapons designers.) I will shoot a link to this thread to her and see if she can send it to them and get some feedback on it.

R5

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
or it could be a brilliant marketing scheme or something that started off as a joke having a life of its own and now is like a ritual worship around the number seven.

basically they have gone mad.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Great thread! I've always wondered about that.

By the way Halo 2 is STILL the best Halo game ever!!!!!!!

Especially because I am STILL a beast in the game! Undefeated!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i just wonder why they chose the number 7 , like i said Bungie have admitted that they are " obsessed " with the number, just no real logical or serious answer has been given.

I mean it's not really that hard of a question to answer if its something silly like , the guy who founded halo was born on 7/7th or his child was born on 7/7 or something like that.
Add that in to all the other "strange , hidden in plain sight" stuff that goes on in their games and it is actually quite deep, that stuff is not there by a mere accident.
It has been implemented into the game on purpose for 20 years of gaming throughout all/most of their games.

Saying that i wonder how much of it may be in Halo 4 ( and the coming 5 and 6 ? ) (( you heard it here first , another trilogy, oh yes.
)) as it is being produced by not Bungie but 343 i studios.

Although saying that and apparently some staff from Bungie are moving over to 343 also, or already had/have done so.

Its something i will try to keep in mind when I end up playing these games, and something I am going to look out for again when Halo CE is re-released on the 360 this November , with improved graphics it should be easier to spot anything , even if i am just having a sense of "apophenia".

Apophenia is the experience of seeing meaningful patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.

Or that is just a phrase cooked up to hide the truth

Peace

Oh and yeah Halo 2, was a great game , but i pre-fare Halo reach ,
( Shocking i know ) and that should come in handy when Halo CE is back out as it is supposed to be using the same engine as Reach for Match Making , but still not sure as to the Rank system

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

First off i noticed most of your post seemed to be about Observations in the Game; i see very little if anything from the Books etc in your thread.

If you haven't read the books; Read them NOW.

Because you will like them.

Also

I have a question for you.

I skimmed over your thread and vainly failed to find many quotations or references to the books.

Did you read the books?

Because the Books make the games story seem like absolute garbage; because it is.

1 of the Halo Books is better than the story in every single Halo Game.

The Story-Line in all halo Games is way too vain and a disgrace to video games IMO.

I've read all the Books. (Except the Newest one but i don't think its being released or has been released yet)

I'm sorry but the books absolutely put the Video-Game Story to shame.

The Game Shows/tells absolutely nothing about the Halo Universe.

S & F none-the-less

I will be awaiting your response.

Non-Sequitur.

Link to Non-Sequitur - Ghost of Onyx- Halo Forum- Halo Cannon

On page 133 of Ghosts of Onyx, Ash gets confronted by one of the sentinels (or drones, as they called them.) They have a little bit of a chat before the thing gets smushed and the drone tells him, "Fhejelet 'Pnught Juber," and, "Fhejelet non sequitur, now?" What does this mean? l was never good at Latin, and nearly failed it in high school. Any one think they know what is means?

Also, while we're musing about this, the phrase chosen by the Sentinel: A non sequitur is something that has no logical or temporal purpose for its place in the progression of events; it is logically, temporally and spatially incoherent. This has probably been posted before, but I didn't bother to read most of the GoO speculation threads

edit on 14-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What would Bungie being owned by Microsoft have to do with it though? Just noticed that comment and thought "but weren't they obsessed with the number back when they released Marathon in the 80s decades before Microsoft bought them?"

I'd love to know because Wikipedia helped me out as well as Google Search and the official Bungie site a few years back when I wanted to find out more about them (I honestly never liked Halo until number 3 and even after playing that, ODST and Reach, I'm still not so sure how they got so popular) but I'll keep checking back, see if anyone has something that refreshes my memory or makes me go "ahhh, cool, didn't know that".

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Originally posted by johngtr
the other stories such as Halo & The Flood , Ghost of Onyx etc..

Sorry i didn't go into much detail on the books the only reference I have to the books was online ,( & to answer your question , no i have not read the books but i will most definitely do so as soon as I find them )

There are more detailed references in the links i posted that explain a lot of the number 7 being used in those also ,

I can understand the story in the game may be no where near as deep as the story in a book, because that is what books are good at, i enjoy the games ,none the less and would still really enjoy reading the halo stories.

Here are some more examples , ( from the halo books ) ...

Halo first strike ..

There are 7 Covenant ships in the system after Halo's destruction.

The Covenant flagship Ascendant Justice has seven plasma turrets.

There are seven doors leading to adjacent offices and surgical bays when Dr. Halsey first enters the medical wing of CASTLE Base.

As she is deleting Araqiel, Dr. Halsey taps the level seven security barriers.

Ascendant Justice exits Slip space seven hundred thousand kilometres from the Epsilon Eridani System center.

CPO Mendez was scheduled to meet the Spartans 0700 hours after they captured the flag from Tango Company.

There were seven service drones aboard the Gettysburg.

The dead crew of the Gettysburg is placed in cargo bay seven.

The Master Chief sets his Lotus Anti Tank Mine detonator for seven seconds.

After Fred and Kelly steal two Wraiths, they destroy seven other Wraiths.

Cortana describes subsection seven of the Cole Protocol as the reason they cannot immediately return to Earth aboard Ascendant Justice.
After Corporal Locklear brings the ammo up from the Pelican, there are seven grenades in the crate.

After exiting slipspace in a captured Covenant dropship, the Spartans find themselves near two hundred forty-seven Covenant ships. As they are watching, seven more appear.

C-7 foaming explosive is used by the Spartans and Locklear. Admiral Danforth Whitcomb bluffs Governor Jacob Jiles by saying they had 7 working plasma turrets.

After John-117 leaves the medical room Dr. Halsey is in, she instructs Cortana to lock the door and "boost counter-intrusion measures to level seven."

There are more examples from the other books here also ...

halo.wikia.com...

reply to post by curious7

I just mentioned that they were owned by Microsoft. So they must know why it is put into games they technically own. I was making this thread about Bungie but just telling people who may of not known that Bungie are owned by Microsoft

As for marathon, I found this about Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity .

Marathon 2: Durandal is the first sequel in the Marathon series of science fiction first-person shooter computer games from Bungie Software.

It was released on November 24, 1995.

The game is mostly set on the fictional planet of Lh'owon, homeworld of the S'pht, and once again the player takes the role of a Security Officer from the Marathon.

This is the only game in the series to be officially released for Windows 95 in addition to the Apple Macintosh, and is the only one released or announced for the Xbox 360.

In Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity, the opening song is written by "Power of Seven"

The Marathon Colony ship was the hollowed-out moon Deimos, first discovered in 1877 and first photographed in 1977

Pfhor enforcers from Marathon have 7 eyes.

The Marathon assault rifle holds 52 bullets (5+2=7) and 7 grenades.

In the Xbox 360 port of Marathon 2: Durandal there were several achievements that referenced seven:

SEVEN - Given for getting seven fist kills in the game

Bob-B-Q - Given for killing 77 BoBs

Pfhor Score and Seven Years Ago

Hats off to 819 - The description is "The secret of 2401 lies within." 2+4+0+1=7, and 7^4=2401. 819 = 7*117, 117 being Master Chief's identification number.

So there was already a pattern just 4 or 5 years after Bungie was founded and i'm sure with a bit more searching more "coincidences" of the number 7 may pop in even earlier games.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Sorry i didn't go into much detail on the books the only reference I have to the books was online ,( & to answer your question , no i have not read the books but i will most definitely do so as soon as I find them )

No problem you should read the books though.

The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, Ghost of Onyx, Contact Harvest, The Cole Protocol.

Really a good series of books that you won't regret reading.

I can't say i've read hundreds of books in my life; alas these are some of the greatest though.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

But at the same time, it's like you're saying Microsoft know why 7 is so prominent in Bungie games which wouldn't be the case.

Apologies for derailing slightly, just wanted to mention that in case someone comes in saying it's all a big Bill Gates Illuminati thing or something ridiculous like that.

top topics

join