It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make Sense Of Conspiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi all,

I think we could all learn something from this with conspiracy theories:

How To Make Sense Of Conspiracy Theories

It's interesting to see the mainstream media response to Murdoch's News Of The World close and hacking scandel in the UK, and also that the 'rot' spreads to other news outlets. With current debates on news channels, there IS a discussion/debate going on with the relationship between our Government and the mainstream media, rather than something which is kept 'behind closed doors' as it were, or in policy: something this link identifies.

Essentially, it makes me wonder about the validity/evidence of some conspiracy theories and their existence such as media complicity: with Ofcom and various other organisations, think tanks and regulators it kind of makes talk of Illuminati secret sects ruling the world a bit of a joke!

Basically, although Britain and America have intelligent agencies etc which I'm sure do infiltrate (as is identifed in the above link) chat rooms, forums etc, we do have courts of law, we do have rule of law in the West and just as the Murdoch allegations are going to court, so should any real conspiracy theories do too? I mean, IF there is any validity to the allegations of 'ufos being Ets, 9 11 being a cover-up, the secret space programme etc etc', then wouldn't it be better addressed formally rather than informally?

Anyway, hope you find the link interesting,

Dan

new topics

join