It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four killed in Syria as West urges UN intervention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Four killed in Syria as West urges UN intervention

www.news.com.au

The West has been ratcheting up pressure for UN Security Council action against Damascus, with France slamming China and Russia's "indecent" opposition to the move.

Four European countries - Britain, France, Germany, Portugal - have for several weeks been drafting a resolution to put before the Security Council condemning the crackdown and calling for political reforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is breaking news currently on the news feed linked so thought it would be appropriate to post here. So it begs the question, is this an indication that the West is seeking the UN Security Council’s vote on military intervention into Syria? Parts of the article suggest that sanctions have not been effective at getting political change in Syria and some European countries are now seeking a stronger and forceful resolution. China and Russia are voicing their opposition to any interference in Syria.

The article is not clear whether those European countries are looking to intervene in a military capacity, but not sure what other alternatives there are given diplomacy, sanctions and open condemnation of the crackdown of the Syrian regime have been applied with little effect except for promises from Assad’s government that have not apparently been fulfilled.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thank God America is not on that list. Although I suppose its only a matter of time.

We all know that if Europe goes to war in Syria, America will be dragged into it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Thank God America is not on that list. Although I suppose its only a matter of time.

We all know that if Europe goes to war in Syria, America will be dragged into it.

Since when has America been dragged into any war?

They will use the UN and/or NATO as fronts to call it another 'Humanitarian Mission'. Push everyone into the limelight, state their 'support' in yet another area of the World that needs regime change while pulling all the strings in the background.

Only a guess of course. But then again, it's easy to anticipate an agenda when it happens over and over and over and over....

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by isthisreallife

Since when has America been dragged into any war?

They will use the UN and/or NATO as fronts to call it another 'Humanitarian Mission'. Push everyone into the limelight, state their 'support' in yet another area of the World that needs regime change while pulling all the strings in the background.

Only a guess of course. But then again, it's easy to anticipate an agenda when it happens over and over and over and over....

I didn't mean dragged as in brought into the war against its own accord. I meant the people's accord. The people do not want another war. But if the European powers go into Syria in any way, America will follow suit.

I hate the idea of any more bombings or regime changes in the region.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Although the Russians clearly have an interest in maintaining the status quo in Syria, I still though this quote from the Russians was worthwhile:

Diplomacy was about more than just settling "political scores", Lavrov said at a news conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in Washington on Wednesday. "Our goal is to solve problems but just condemning people without any solution will not lead us to anything." Read more: www.news.com.au...

Of course, official UN 'condemnation' is a first step towards 'solving problems',and Russia clearly has no reason to see any of these 'problems solved'.
edit on 14-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Reallife is right. Remember the 1st two world wars America just pretended not to be involved with it, even though they were selling loads of arms to Europe until their enemies started sinking the supply ships.

In WWI the Lusitania was purposely put near a known supply line, so that German u-boats might sink it and America would enter the war.

Similar to Pearl Harbor

Similar to 9/11
(in that respect)

They use the same playbook over and over. We will have to "come to the aid of our European Allies"

top topics

join