It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omni-Science: The Northmen Prophecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Northmen Prophecy Download

[Really] underground but dope album coming from beat-maker Mindtwist and lyricist Abra the Foreign Mystic. The mixtape download is free, but you should still support the artist by downloading anyway. ;] Theme is dark and mystic, viking-like, probably not for religious people that are easily offended.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I knew my first post would be something stupid like this but i can't resist showing you some real hip-hop.

Tell me what you think.

www.youtube.com...[/yvid]]Fliptrix - My Soul

Plenty more where that comes from as well. I might not post often but watch! i'll make dem count

F#@k IT GO ON ONE MORE!

www.youtube.com...[/yvid]]Jehst - England

Also Hi ATS.. Salute!

edit on 04/28/1991 by Zentii911 because: didnt embed video properly

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zentii911

Links are malformed it says. Try to get the right IDs or just link the entire thing and I'll embed. ;]

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Got it i think still getting used to the embedding malarkey. Dun a quick edit.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well the links aren't embedded but they still work. Fliptrix is dope! I first heard of him through the suggestions list on some Foreign Beggars tracks, but I haven't heard these ones from him. Appreciate the link bruv.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Foreign beggars are dope. Their new stuff is a bit commercial but their still doing their thing. I'll never get tired of frosted perspeks.

Likewise with the links that tunes growing on me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This stuff is %@%#

You call this "music" ?

I weep for the youth of today.

I know, I must be an old fart. But still, when I was coming up, well, you had to spend YEARS learning to play a real instrument, not just splicing some beats together.

Oh yeah, and there was this TALENT called "singing". Guess that means nothing anymore.

This stuff is mindless drivel.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Haha well you obviously have no ear for real talent. Just because they don't play instruments (although a lot of them can and do) doesn't mean what they do isn't a skill. Producing is one of the hardest talents to master it takes more then just an ear for music you gotta be really in tune with what the track needs. It takes a lot of time and dedication to forge the sound you want, it's alot more then just words and a beat. Plus it's not singing it's closer to preaching actually. I guess you'll never understand unless you can really relate, some people just don't listen properly they instantly par it off as drivel because they can't see past the initial image of bravado. There's so much variation in real hip-hop especially uk hip-hop if you know where to look. I've heard some of the best poetry and lyricism in hip-hop you could never get from Shakespeare or a million monkeys typing on typewriters.

Unluckily our generation missed out on a lot of culture that's not to say we don't still appreciate it (well i do anyway) infact you'll find anything from Sam Cook to Lynyrd Skynyrd on my play list plus a lot more. But i feel we missed out on a lot either way, it's all just regurgitated consumerist bull# now. You can't find anything really genuine in mainstream music now matter how original and crisp it sounds. You gotta dig deep for the gems, to bad only the kids with dirty hands will only really appreciate most the treasure other people overlook.

Either way my opinion won't be swayed. Plus why post just to complain anyway? At least provide an alternate song to compare?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
This stuff is %@%#

You call this "music" ?

I weep for the youth of today.

I know, I must be an old fart. But still, when I was coming up, well, you had to spend YEARS learning to play a real instrument, not just splicing some beats together.

Oh yeah, and there was this TALENT called "singing". Guess that means nothing anymore.

This stuff is mindless drivel.

Your post makes me sick. Really. Do you know what music is? Or even art for that matter? As a [visual] artist myself I know exactly what goes into making a piece. I've been following hiphop for years and there's an entire culture behind it that you wouldn't apparently know about. Making beats is an art-form in and of itself, especially using samples effectively; as for singing the entire point of hiphop is portraying a story through WORDS and/or a well-composed instrumental. This isn't opera, it's not rock, nothing like you're probably used to. It's supposed to be poetry. It saddens me to see someone who claims to know what music is defining it for himself and himself only.

Please don't bother responding unless you either rethink your premise, and/or realize what you said is just as bad as the people who listen to mainstream pop music and think it's the only good music. Shame on you.

edit on 13-7-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very good reply, I agree on all those points as well. Producing takes alot of talent, and although I think the learning curve is mild in comparison to what visual artist have, it still takes alot of heart and time to develop your own style. As I said in my last post, hip-hop is poetry, words that speak stories, and like you I've heard lyricist that produced some sort of cognitive revelations for me. Like this guy does, I used to think it was all trash and babble, but things really changed with time and listening. Fortunately I've come to also appreciate all forms of music [except most country], instrumental and lyrical, post-rock to classical. When people say things like this guy just did in his last post, it dumbfounds and enrages me.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yeah honestly i couldn't of said it better myself. I feel guilty but coming from someone who grew up on a hip-hop drip, i can't just stand back and allow that to slide it's just pure ignorance. I just feel sorry for anyone who can't appreciate hip-hop culture there's just so much they miss out on.

top topics

join