It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester Against War protests at the Corn Hill Arts Festival, Rochester NY 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I live in the Corn Hill neighborhood, and I saw these guys protesting so I asked them for a short statement. I actually never realized it was a protest until I put effort into going over there....I couldnt read the signs from across the street. But I totally agree with their message, and so decided to help them spread it, here is their statement mixed with some photos from the festival, their protest, and google. Their protest was about predator drones being piloted via computer from upstate new york.

EDIT: I think I put this in the wrong forum, I wanted breaking alternative news, but since I took the video, i didnt have a story to link to....any mod can move this anywhere!

edit on 11-7-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If I were asked to "list" common terrorist tactics, Drones would vie for top billing.

Once Nations using them become victimized by them, their use will be considered heinous.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
These folk are a day late and a dollar short. This is 2011. The protesting should have begun in the 70's when little boys were skipping school to stay home and play on their Commodores and Ataris. Some us knew what that was all about even then.

Then in 1984, Hollywood took this quiet little secret that the gaming industry was training future remote controllers, and associated it with fiction in the space epic " The Last Starfighter ".

I have no idea what these folk hope to accomplish.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
These folk are a day late and a dollar short. This is 2011. The protesting should have begun in the 70's when little boys were skipping school to stay home and play on their Commodores and Ataris. Some us knew what that was all about even then.

Then in 1984, Hollywood took this quiet little secret that the gaming industry was training future remote controllers, and associated it with fiction in the space epic " The Last Starfighter ".

I have no idea what these folk hope to accomplish.

Wow, with an attitude like that, its no wonder that your generation failed to stop the onslaught. Maybe you should have worked harder at your protests in the 70s, or were you too busy undermining efforts then, too?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Wow, with an attitude like that, its no wonder that your generation failed to stop the onslaught.

Please don't automatically assume a simple observation is an overall attitude.

Maybe you should have worked harder at your protests in the 70s,

OK, maybe so. So how do you see these peoples efforts finding any fruition?

or were you too busy undermining efforts then, too?

If you would like to explain this assumption further, please do.

top topics

join