It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser used on man aged 82, during arrest in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Right, surely the police have officers capable of safely restraining a man of such an age?

Does he really pose such a risk that you would have to use last option, which is a taser?

I can't believe this at the moment....words fail me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Old men can be very dangerous

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In the UK guns are illegal. I highly doubt this man would be carrying.

I disagree with their actions completely. Officers also carry whats called a PAVA spray. Which attacks the eyes. It doesn't mention that it was used.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
In the UK guns are illegal. I highly doubt this man would be carrying.

I disagree with their actions completely. Officers also carry whats called a PAVA spray. Which attacks the eyes. It doesn't mention that it was used.

Probably fell out with a neighbour & they shopped him for having his dad's gun from the war.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Very true, but still, and no offence to other countries etc. The majority of normal people in the UK, police included, are usually pretty calm and restrain themselves unless really pushed to the limits. But i too have noticed that since the police have been allowed to use tasers in this country, they have become slightly more corrupt with power from their new found toys.

Truth is they could have killed the 82 year old chap, i belive that 9 out of 10 times, a deep breath and a calm chat can achieve a better outcome in these situations than a aggressive action by law enforcement officers which normally only adds fuel to the fire.

top topics

join