It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough fire power in SHTF scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dont think my .22 air rifle and .177 air pistol would help me lol..just a bit of food for thought.Just have them incase i need to slow an attacker down.Thoughts guys uk is a restrictive country so may be im still a head of the game having this small bore fire arm(s).Hey and the wife thinks im a gun freak im ex army what do you expect.
edit on 10-7-2011 by gavlar1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
the UK is more of a blade country...
Learn martial arts would be my suggestion overall.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
the UK is more of a blade country...

It really is.
There's pikey chavs running around stabbing each other quite frequently in my town..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah im going for a mixture of weapons but hope it never has to come to that..im half ready...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
me thinks you underestimate the real firepower
you have.

It's not the weapon, it's what is put downrange.

An air rifle shooting poisoned darts which penetrate
the skin can be just as lethal as a bullet through
the heart. Not as quick, but just as deadly.
Not counting the fact that the air rifle has it's
own fire suppressor and silencer built in.
Just got to get in close enough to make it effective.

Pygmies hunt game with blow guns which fire
poisoned darts. They have been doing it for centuries.
An air rifle is just a major modification and enhancement
of the same technique.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The American revolution was won with less fire power. A group of poorly armed and outnumbered can win if they BELIEVE in their cause. I hope we are smart enough that it will not come down to violence. I hope we can out think them and wont have to out gun them. If it gets that bad I will only need two bullets. My point being we have a privately run military force inside our own borders Blackwater or whatever name they are using this week. They out gun the vast majority of us. Why bring a .22 to a Tomahawk missile fight. The human mind is far more dangerous if you wield it correctly.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
if your government wont let you have real guns,you use what you can get....a wristrocket slingshot with steel ball bearings will penetrate a human skull

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeah i have played around with a few toys im my time (6 years BRIT ARMY) would rather have police force capable of stopping pikeys and scum.Which a big problem uk!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

edit on 10-7-2011 by Wolvo because: sorry double post

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Personally I'd tell you to get more familiar with primitive weaponry e.g slings, bows, catapults, axes, blow guns, cross bows.

I'm currently building a couple primitive bows and arrows, will be posting a thread soon on the subject. Just getting information and pics together.

When the SHTF primitive ways will be the difference in surviving and dying.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gavlar1974

My advice would be to ignore firearms for the moment, and concentrate on weapons that you cannot run out of, that do not require ammo, or use ammo which can be recovered from a target. Get you a compound bow and a good axe. If TSHTF in any meaningful way, keeping a decent stock of ammo for firearms about is not going to be all that practical.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah im thinking of getting a small axe already have a catapult..sold the crossbow..lol

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gavlar1974

www.coldsteel.com these guys have tons of QUALITY axes,machetes,spear heads,swords etc...you cant go wrong with them

top topics

join