It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish, Nuclear Power Stations, Cropcircles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
It's like the jellys are saying,' use us for your electrical needs ,we create our own power through thought.'

Only problem is I can't see where you plug into them

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

Its strange, is it not?

Funny thing about the jellyfish, they seem to
have very unique abilities.

DARPA tinkered with jellyfish years ago, now whether related to that or not, scientists have found
uses for the cells ( DNA) from jellyfish for noteable "advancements".
such as ...lasers in humans eyes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a5bdebb30b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Medical researchers from Harvard University have created the first "living laser"; a biological cell that's been genetically engineered to produce a visible laser beam.Lasers need two things to generate beams. They need a gain medium that amplifies light, and an arrangement of mirrors to concentrate and align that light.

The team genetically engineered human embryonic kidney cells to produce GFP. They then placed a single cell between two mirrors. In terms of sizes: the mirrors were spaced 20 micrometres apart (20 millionths of a metre), and the cell was just 15 to 20 micrometres.

When the team ran pulses of blue light through the kidney/jellyfish combo, a visible laser beam shot out. It only lasted for a few nanoseconds, but the light could be easily detected and carried useful information on the properties of the cell. The cell also left the experiment unharmed.

www.wired.co.uk...

www.wired.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
DARPA tinkered with jellyfish years ago,

Oh now isn't that just marvelous?
I can see the headlines know

DARPA creates Killer Jellyfish that can take out an Enemy Power plant with their combined energy output.

Maybe an intense EMP if thousands got together

The planet has gone insane... now where did I put that ticket for the Mars shuttle

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Going to Mars eh? Think you can get off of the crazy planet that way...

Good luck, if your taking any "experts" with ya.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what's with thread titles that read like a grocery list lately?
i.e., "This, That, and the Other Thing."
Been seeing this format more and more lately.
Just wondering where it stems from.
edit on 7/11/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting and sometimes very nasty creatures these Jellyfishs.

Two reasons why they spread:

Fishing:
Our seas are dramatically over-fished, hence the natural enemies of the Jellyfishs are declining, the jellyfish population growing.

Temperature:
Jellyfishs like warm temperature, when the seas get warmer, they can populate better/more.
Water around nuke-plants (not sure about coal plants !?) tends to be warmer, so most probably the jellyfishs just go there because it's warm.

There might be other reasons, but these are in my opinion the most logical, down to earth ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join