It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear mongering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok so I wasn't sure what forum to put this one in so it's in General Chit Chat. Ta-da! lol

So, I get the deal with trolls, they're bored and wanna get a reaction out of people. (Please allow me to insert here, I won't intentionally troll anyone on here. If I make a statement that upsets someone, it's just my opinion. And you can message me anytime to discuss it.) But onto the reason of this thread. As the title suggests, it's about fear mongers.

Why do people become fear mongers? They could be in the MSM, on forums, on YouTube, etc. Some of you wills say they're just trolls, but I beg to differ. Trolls don't spend money to put things out there to intentionally scare you bleep-less, but fear mongers do. Be it, videos with some production quality, flyers, pamphlets, etc.

I mean, what's the point? I doesn't serve a purpose in life. It's certainly not a means to an end.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
People like to express their worst fears because they can then live it out safely and be better prepared if something really does happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Fear is one of the most powerful primal emotions. Fear triggers very instinctual behavior (fight or flight).
When people are stricken with fear, they lose the ability to use common sense, rational thinking and logical reasoning. They can become overwhelmed to the point of making irrational choices and behaving atypical. Fear makes people defenseless. When someone can control a persons fears - they also control the person.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ever heard the story of Chicken Little? I know, I know, we all "know" the story, but read it again and try to get the gist of what Chicken Little was all about, and it will answer your question for you.

There are several Western versions of the story, of which the best-known concerns a chick that believes the sky is falling when an acorn falls on its head. The chick decides to tell the King and on its journey meets other animals which join it in the quest.

(snip)

The moral to be drawn changes, depending on the version. Where there is a 'happy ending', the moral is not to be a 'Chicken' but to have courage. In other versions the fable is interpreted as a warning not to believe everything you are told.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join