It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Eric Holder’s ‘Fast and Furious’ Testimony Begins to Unravel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa’s committee that he only learned about the government’s sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels “in the last few weeks.”

Documents uncovered on Department of Justice website show Holder bragging about Operation Gunrunner in 2009.

“Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail.”

Source
US Dept. Justice

So, what type of punishments should we be expecting the Attorney General and the other ring leaders for putting thousands of weapons into the hands of violent cartels?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't know, but you'd think Holder should at least get charged with pergury...

The whole thing overall stinks like treason to me though...

edit on 9-7-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: funny fingers

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

I hope the SHTF over this.
The corruption and the dismantling of the U.S. republic needs more exposure and must be stopped.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soltari

So, what type of punishments should we be expecting the Attorney General and the other ring leaders for putting thousands of weapons into the hands of violent cartels?

I kinda see two things...

What I think should happen - Charges, jail time, a massive shake up in the admin.

What I think will likely happen - He may (or may not resign). He seems to be a favorite of the O-man so that gives him some protection. Some lower to mid-level lackys and bootlicks will likely take the fall for it. Somehow the admin will try to twist the whole thing as a reason for tougher gun laws.

Which, I think, was the likely real reason for the operation in the first place. To point to Mexican gangsters with US guns and say, "See!!! We need to really tighten up our gun laws!!" The government supplies guns to the bad guys, then points at bad guys with guns as a reason to crack down on guns.

new topics

top topics

join