It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Edict to Media: Avoid 3rd Party Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
President George Bush campaign unleashed a
� thinly veiled edict to media covering
� the 2004 Presidential election that the election
� is a contest between Bush and Kerry alone,
� and that third-party candidates are forbidden topics.

www.santafenewmexican.com
Bush spokesman Danny Diaz, who was with the president in New Mexico and Arizona on Wednesday, repeatedly refused to address a Libertarian factor. �This is a race between the president of the United States and John Kerry, and voters will make their decision between those two candidates,� he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

-----------------------------

This explains the virually complete media blackout
� of campaign coverage on Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate,
� seeing where most mainstream media gets its instructions from.

This exposes how the Bush administration is manipulating
� media content in order to retain power.

The media blackout currently limits coverage of Michael Badnarik
� to a microscopic 0.055% of total election coverage.
Ralph Nader, who won't even be on the ballot in most states,
� gets almost 2.27%, and even the Green Party's candidate Cobb,
� rumored to be avoiding conflict with the Democrats,
� gets twice as much coverage as Badnarik does.

From Media Coverage Ratio analysis using Google

Media coverage analysis by Google News results:

00.05% 108 Badnarik
97.55% 102000 Bush-Kerry
00.11% 240 Cobb
02.27% 4750 Nader
00.01% 25 Peroutka

That this blackout is failing,
� Badnarik's poll status rising through 5% clearly shows.
A 5% return on media exposure of a mere 0.055% is astonishing.

A question arises:

Is all mainstream media compliant
� with the edicts of President George Bush?

President Bush has just announced who Americans may vote for:
� He instructs the media to limit the choice to him or Kerry.
A vote for any other candidate beside these two
� will be in direct conflict with Bush election policy.

Keep that in mind when you go to the polls.

-----------------------------

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
POLITICS: Libertarian Presidential Candidate Michael Badnarik
Mike Badnarik wishes to talk to us

[edit on 12-8-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 2004-8-12 by Teknik]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So what all this mean?

He is going to ban media. Or punish them have them arrested, put a penalty or what, It sound like a tread to me. Who does he think he is a monarch?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So what all this mean?

He is going to ban media. Or punish them have them arrested, put a penalty or what, It sound like a tread to me. Who does he think he is a monarch?

I'm afraid that at this point, the question "who does he think he is" can't be answered by anyone else then Dubja himself and a band of experienced shrinks...

If the media would make big news about this treat(wich they should) Bush might find another dumb comment backfiring at him.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

A question arises:

Is all mainstream media compliant
with the edicts of President George Bush?

YES, YES, YES! The mainstream media is given the points that they are allowed to discuss on air. Take a look at the major network news shows. It's all the same script. No one will talk about anything that the Bush/Kerry Co doesn't want them to. Anyone who doesn't obey the rules is cast down as a fraud or loon. Just look at what happened to the X-CIA Director. He served for several years with no complaints or marks on his racord. Then he comes out against the system and is smeared up and down. The media knows they will get censored for anything anti Big Gov't, so they won't cover it.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Libertarian Presidential candidate Michael Badnarik is "blackholed"
� by the following:

Reuters
CNBC
CNN
Fox News
MSNBC
ABC
CBS
NPR
1st Headlines
Moreover US Politics
UPI

Very strange considering that Bush is losing the election to him

[edit on 2004-8-18 by Teknik]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow, and people think Bush supports free speech. He himself has said if you speak about his other opponets you will be stopped. Go anyone but Bush.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I typed Badnarik and arrested into Google and this is the third result I got, so I may as well bump it as it's pertinent.

Originally posted by marg6043
He is going to ban media. Or punish them have them arrested, put a penalty or what

It may not have been the media being arrested but having the two candidates of parties that garned 3 million votes between them in the last election is something that I thought only happend in Central America.

[edit on (10/9/0404 by PistolPete]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What is our fearless leader affraid of?

Maybe a party that not only trumps the Republican party on everything they "claim" to support but is at the same time ahead of the Democrats on most social issues.

I for one will not be told I can only choose A or B

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Uh, why would Kerry be afraid? "You are conservatives, but not owned by big business or former coke head? Please do go on." It would be great, this way, unlike the republicans, he can support their spoiler without spending money on him. Would love to see a Kerry-Badnarik debate! Think it would make it on tv? "Well, since Bush only wants to do three, and I want the truth and my ideas to get out, so I figured I would hold more debates with the other conservative party."

Also, that sucks they got arressted, would have loved to see them crash the party.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree, if Michael Badnarik got even 10 minutes of media coverage, the polls would sway in his favor and look like this:

Bush: 10%
Kerry: 20%
Badnarik: 70%

(sarcasm)

I visited a couple Chicago-area colleges, and it seems like joining the libertarian party is the "trendy" thing to do. Anybody have any links describing the libertarian party? Because on these message boards, if you aren't a democrat, you're probably a libertarian, and i don't fully understand what the libertarians stand for (due to the zero media coverage they get, i suppose).

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Uh, the LP stand for the things that the conservatives stand for, just not what the oil buddies of the republicans want. Right Amuk? Talked to you before on the LP, they conservatives, so Pro-Life, stuff like that. But unlike Bush who does what Cheney/Rove/Haliburton/Oil Business tells him to do the LP does what is good for the conservatives of America, not the good of Big Business. But if Badnarik got air time more like

Bush 31%
Badnarik 23%
Kerry 44%
Other 2%
But the Supreme Court steps in and Bush stays in power.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, the LP stand for the things that the conservatives stand for, just not what the oil buddies of the republicans want. Right Amuk? Talked to you before on the LP, they conservatives, so Pro-Life, stuff like that

The party is pro-choice but some members are pro-life this is one of the many things (drugs, prostitution, gambling, Gay marrige, etc.) that would be legal on the federal level but left in the states hands to decide.

We are finanical conservatives and social liberals, we dont care what you smoke or who you sleep with.

So Kerry has a reason to worry too, because we will deliver the equality for EVERYONE that the Democrats beat around the bush about.

Kwintz

Heres a link to the Libertarian Party

www.lp.org...

[edit on 9-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It tells me that bush is under the belief that he is ascending to the throne of world rule. Great men stand close to him and speak these things to him.

But he is really a pawn, and he is now in the middle of a series of events that will pave the way for another man, a Great One's entrance.

This other man, will rise to a high position from steps made of the crumbled ruins of this nation, sewn by bush after this election.

Just a gut feeling though.

X

top topics

join