It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Corp is better Lantern or Nova?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This has been bugging me for months, and I don't actually have anyone I can talk to, or bounce ideas off of. Which Corp is better Nova or the Lantern Corp. Guardians Versus Worldmind. Personally I'm a Nova Corps Fan over GL. But I'd love to hear other opinions.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Iwould like to contribute to this discussion however I have no knowledge of NOVA corps to guage against THE GL corps. I do like the source of their power and the tech that taps into it. Very futuristic psion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I thought the Nova Corp was destroyed a few years back during that whole annihilation thing...only one guy calling himself Nova had all the power concentrated into him. I haven't read up on the galactic scene in Marvel for some time, though, I enjoy both the GL and the nova. I will say that Galactus would totally pwn Starro

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nova Corps

Originally, the Nova Corps was Xandar's space militia and exploration division. It consisted of 500 soldiers ranging in rank from Corpsman up to Centurion and its leader, Centurion Nova Prime. The Corps also had a regiment of Syfon Warriors, of which Powerhouse was one. After the reformation of Xandar, the Nova Corps expanded its protective range to include the entire Andromeda Galaxy and Earth. They are also known as the Xandarian StarCorps. Queen Adora (in the role of Prime Commandant) has ultimate authority of the Nova Corps.

The source the Corps' power is called the Nova Force. This is a nearly limitless energy field generated by the a living supercomputer called the Xandarian Worldmind. The energy is then transmitted into the centurions at varying levels depending on their rank. The Worldmind contains the entire record of Xandarian history and civilization.

versus

Green lantern Corps

The Green Lantern Corps are an inter-galactic police force dedicated to protecting sentient life in every form, established thousands of years ago by the Guardians. Officers are chosen for their ability to overcome great fear and given a power ring fueled by the strength of their willpower, the mightiest weapon in the universe. They have two representatives for all of the 3600 sectors in the known universe, their headquarters located centrally on the planet Oa.

Now compare...

The Similarities are astounding...lol

galactic policemen....

The major thing is that between the two the GL seems better led and better organized.....

In the end both are copies of...

Lensman Series

The second book, First Lensman, concerns the early formation of the Galactic Patrol and the first Lens, given to First Lensman Virgil Samms of "Tellus" (Earth). Samms is one side of the vast Arisian breeding program which will produce Clarissa MacDougal, the female half of the penultimate result of their breeding program. Moreover, along with Roderick Kinnison (a member of the other side, which will produce the male half), they are natural leaders as they are supremely intelligent, forceful, and capable. The Arisians, through the scientist Bergenholm (actually an Arisian entity appearing as a human, and who "invented" the interstellar drive), make it known that if Samms, the head of the Triplanetary Service which administers law enforcement to Tellus, Mars and Venus, visits the Arisian planetary system—and only if he visits the Arisian system—he will be given the tool he needs to build the Patrol he dreams of. That tool is the Lens. The Arisians further promise him that no entity unworthy of the Lens will ever be permitted to wear it, but that he and his successors will have to discover for themselves most of its abilities. They otherwise maintain a highly distant profile and refuse to talk to other beings, stating that they have given civilization the tool it needs to bring about a good future and that people should otherwise not have reason to contact them.

which when also followed leads to ...

Galactic Patrol

In the Lensman novels, the Galactic Patrol was a combination military force and interstellar law-enforcement agency, charged with the defense and preservation of Civilization. The Lensmen were the elite of the Galactic Patrol, and Lensmen tended to hold the majority of the senior-executive positions in the Patrol, although non-Lensmen personnel were essential to the organization's success, and garnered almost as much respect as their Lens-bearing superiors. The organization had large numbers of non-humans serving in all roles, although many of the leadership positions seem to be occupied by humanity.

cracked magazine said so...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nova corps for me I don't know why being rather a more marvel fan than other comic producers probably has something to do with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I absolutely love both. Once Richard Rider was combined with the Worldmind and was the only Nova left, he became wicked powerful, but I'm a GIANT Green Lantern mark.

So if I had to choose, I'd have to do with Green Lantern Corp. Mostly because I'd rather make constructs than have an alien power make me super strong, etc.

new topics

top topics

join