It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12Yr Old Girl Ends Life To Donate Eyes To Father - A Love Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There is a thin line between love and stupidity, just like there is a thin line between bravery and stupidity.

I don't think her father or brother would want her to kill herself for them. Or at least I wouldn't want it if I was the father, this story is as sad as it is not sad.

In fact it's just plain sad, and reminds me of something you would see in a Greek or Shakespearean play about tragedy.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

There are lessons to be learnt here people:

1. Dont discuss important matters such as replacing body parts next to your kids. Sheesh

2. Give your kids so much self worth that they would never go out and do something such as killing themselves off.

I'm not a parent, but if I was, the pain of losing my child would be far more unbarable than having to live without eyes or kidneys.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Freaking funny. She probably killed herself because of depression and to escape a harsh reality, its not love its selfishness. Ironically, she helped nobody at all, on the contrary.

edit on 7-7-2011 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is horrible, why would she do that

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What you are describing is innocence
It's a 12yr old

And it's quite stupid how this girl was. 12 years old, at that age you should know better. If she was 7-8 years, ok, i could understand she would do something stupid like that. But with 12 years? You should know a lot better, especially in these days, were kids grow up a lot sooner and are better educated at a younger age then say kids the same age 50 years ago. Even though it happened in a backwards country like India.

She killed herself for no good reason, just thinking about what the parents must go trough now is something that rather makes me angry. You're not that stupid and think killing yourself helps someone.

I don't know how this story can be descriped as 'beautiful' or 'brings a tear to my eye'.
Sad? Yes, it's sad that it seems the parents didn't educate their child the proper way. Sad because of the stupidity? Oh yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As parents, we must be very careful of the messages we send both small and older children. This is both a beautiful and sad story. We lost the life of a beautiful child in a world that sometimes lacks the wonder, glory and magic of childhood.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
So did the dad get her eyes and the brother her kidneys?

No..she was cremated....I think that this girl had some mental health issues that went unnoticed....I think that because of her mental state of mind ...she used...the excuses of her relatives needing body parts...to justify her committing suicide. I feel very sad about this.
edit on 7-7-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If she died from Thiodan poisoning they wouldn't be able to use her kidneys for a transplant. I wouldn't want to live if my daughter did that for me anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Ok something strange here .
eyes and one kidney isnt something you have to die in order to donate.
and donate eyes all you want but eyes cant be transplanted and work.
and you can live just fine with one kindey . theres more here then is being told

I agree, there's more.

I think the "more" is that we're talking about a young child in India - who probably overheard what was going on - and her parents didn't actually sit her down and explain things to her.

Its not that they should've been more careful to keep her from hearing - they should've been more OPEN with her and discussed what was going on - then maybe she could've asked questions, and/or understood.

If its a true story - it was a preventable tragedy.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mehforfun
idd a sad story

did her father take her eyes? and brother her kidney? because if they did i think thats even worst. am just saying if any family member killded themselvs to save me i wouldnt take it, i mean every time you wake up, breath, look, or do anything she killed herself for your sake. which is to much for anyone to handle i would assume (well too much for me)

they didn't find her note until the day after she was cremated, so unfortunately her sacrifice did nothing to benefit the health of her family

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't think anybody got anything. I saw something about a cremation in there, so I don't think that anybody got anything...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think the point has nothing to do with who got what....
It has to do with bearing your own burden without complaint or murmur and paying attention to your children as people.
But thats just me..........

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I utterly fail to see this as a love story.

(And I really don't get why some seem to gloriy this. But I'll leave that topic alone for now.)

As a parent, to me this story is a horrible, horrible tragedy. It is no surprise that a child would deeply love those within the immediate family-- even most neglected and abused children manage to do so.

What I see is a child who pointlessly gave her life without likely understanding the permanence of her actions or their profound implications.

Again, as a parent, this story makes consider what possibly not to complain about that is bad in my life in front of my child.

I guess some issues not obvious on their face are still very much 'adult only'.

I can't imagine the guilt this father must really feel.
edit on 7-7-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

Even though I am not a parent, I agree with you on this point.

What is not mentioned in this story is the fact how this little girl was brought up in the first place which would guide her actions. And how in the world did the child get a hold of the pesticide in the first place?!?!?! This sounds like the "keep away from children" label was not followed and someone should be blamed for this.

On the other hand, couldn't this also be a conspiracy where the parents made up the story of their child wanting to drink the poison to kill her (for whatever reason)??? I mean, they could have easily found someone to write up the note and make up this story.

There seems to be pieces missing from the story. I do believe it is a tragedy (homicide) story, and not a love story. Also, I am sure there are people who have donated organs to help others out in need. That should have been the alternative that the family should have focused hard on.

Moreover, I am not moved by the story as I have pointed out above. It sucks it happened, but maybe parents need to nurture their children and show more love to them. Many blind people have been able to do this. I can't see how those child's parents and brother were able to do just that.

R.I.P.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
im sorry but for all of you saying this is so beautiful and what a great girl and how awesome this story is are stupid. yeah she had the best intentions but she just ruined their lives and wasted hers. this story is very sad. poor family and poor girl. the family must be devastated.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

There are lessons to be learnt here people:

1. Dont discuss important matters such as replacing body parts next to your kids. Sheesh

2. Give your kids so much self worth that they would never go out and do something such as killing themselves off.

I'm not a parent, but if I was, the pain of losing my child would be far more unbarable than having to live without eyes or kidneys.

Ya but I think at the end the kid was just trying to help, and she was to young to think things trough or the consequences of her actions.

So if anything the lesson that she should of been thought is, before doing anything stupid you might want to talk things trough with somebody, and in this case the parents.

But I think your right kids hear things and sense the mood and feelings of parents, some just more then others. So they should of discussed there problems somewhere else and not in front of the kid.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Wow, a great testament of bravery and selflessness, but I bet the Father would have wished otherwise. I am sure the gesture will be forever remembered and cherished though, within that family and with those that knew the girl.
It is really sad that in the 21st century quality medical treatment is only available to those who can afford it or are entitled.

Peace,
spec

In America.

Free medical in Aus, Canada and a lot of Europe. Issues like these dont arise. Thats what is sad, how low they stoop to get your dollars.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I used to think the death of a child was the worse thing that can happen to a parent.
Now I realized I was wrong.
The suicide of a child in an attempt to help a parent is the worse thing that can happen to a parent.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13star
If she died from Thiodan poisoning they wouldn't be able to use her kidneys for a transplant. I wouldn't want to live if my daughter did that for me anyway.

or anything else it seems,

www.bayercropscience.com.au...

nasty stuff to ingest and run a mile.

i think it's not a true story.

i get them self-sacrificing things in my e-mail all the time.

if dad was going blind she would have thought to take care of him for the rest of his life.

her brother could have had a kidney from her if she was a match.

at 12yo, she should have known poison would have ruined everything.

sorry, not heartless, just skeptical.
edit on 8-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

You wouldn't take it? The fact that the girl killed herself to save you is enough to haunt you forever, how about adding that she did it in vain when you refuse the 'donation'.

Don't get me wrong this is a heart-wrenching story, but I hope they took the organs to honour her obvious wishes.
To deny that because of emotional trauma seems a moot point (and cowardly, IMHO) in circumstances like this.
edit on 8-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join