It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would of thought a 'Magical girl' show would be THIS good!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
For starters, this genre is something that I would look into dead last. But rumors have been going around that the plot of this series utilizes some concepts of string theory (physics) and a number of psychological theories to drive the dynamics of the show.

So I had to take a stab at it, considering how I want to live up to my practice of open mindedness. Which basically means I'm not willing to shoot down something without understanding what I would objectively approve and disapprove of.

And lo and behold, after watching I felt like my brain flipped upside down!! There's not too many shows that challenge your brain at this level, so it was a privilege for me to watch considering how bad anime has been going down in general. It brings back those times when I would pick up something like Xenogears or Planescape Torment and walk away thinking how the developers cleverly woven all their themes and concepts together in the most daring way possible.

If your looking for a serious mind-flipping experience, I wouldnt hesitate to have you all check out this show:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Theres a spoiler free review right here and you can find the show by watching it online by simply searching google. However, it will have to be subtitled.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
damn that looks tripy thank you, im off to check it out

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Hmm.. this does indeed look good. I'm kind of new when it comes to anime, at least, the recent ones. I grew up watching DBZ, but the only animes I've seen lately are Ouran HS Host Club, Kenichi, and Death Note, all of which were great, especially Death Note.

I'm definitely giving this a watch, though.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Glad you guys found it interesting.

BTW, for those of you who have watched DEATH NOTE, a great competitor is CODE GEASS, which I personally find better in many aspects. Most specifically with its theatrics and plot twists.

Anime in general hasent been too interesting this past decade but there's definitely some Jewels.
Madoka Magica is definitely a watch if your down for something that will screw your head, and its only 12 episodes so you don't have to invest too much time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I love Psychological anime

Have you seen Paranoia Agent? That has to be the single most mind flipped show ever made.

new topics

top topics

join