It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona: Woman Arrested for Speaking at City Council Meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Quartzsite, AZ – The Mayor is challenged under a recall election beginning next month. Accusations have been made. The city council is persecuting the Mayor for giving the people a voice. The Chief of Police is also involved in the scandal.

Jennifer Jones is given the floor at a city council meeting open to the public. While she is speaking the council realizes she’s about to air their dirty laundry and quickly beckons their henchman to cart her off.

The Mayor steps in and says Jones has been recognized to speak and has not violated the council’s rules, but the council ignores him and has the woman removed even as the Mayor continues to contest. The police officers ignore the Mayor of the city and remove the woman. It’s obvious who those cops work for, and it’s not the people.

Source: cryptogon.com...

When stuff like this is happening all over this country we have to question, is it still 'We the People'?

Government has begun to function with out the consent of the governed.

Keep in mind that this woman is speaking before the meeting is called to order during the allotted time for public comment.

If we allow this to continue with out a protest or a fight our republic is good as lost.

Back in 2008 before the election myself and others confronted our congressman Gene Taylor MS4. We told him we wanted more of an opportunity to have public comment and he said that if we spoke out of turn we would be removed. We then informed him that for every person he had to try to remove the person speaking 5 more would rise and prevent their removal.

Congressman Taylor did not hold another town hall meeting and also lost his bid for re-election.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Already a thread started yesterday on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is totally outrageous. Fine example of a Police State when they wont even listen to the mayor.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Yes it appears it has been posted. I did a search for the title and found nothing so I added it. Great to see ATS members are always on top of their game.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
this is an utter and complete violation of the first amendment. this type of action only further proves the extent of the police state in america, espically the down turn of arizona. typical of the officers involved screaming "stop resisting." i have seen/expericenced that for myself. it's practically a knee jerk reaction whenever they are arresting someone, if for no other reason than to trump up a (or another) charge and justification to bring whomever they want in.

top topics

join