It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of terrorist group brought to US to stand trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Ahmed Abdulkadir Warsame, a native of Somalia, was captured April 19 in the Persian Gulf region by the U.S. military and held secretly on a Navy ship at sea, where he was questioned at length by a team of U.S. interrogators.
"He gave us very valuable intelligence," one official said.
The officials declined to say where the capture took place.

Administration officials said Warsame was in a special position to reveal details about al-Qaida's operations in both Somalia and Yemen. They describe him as a go-between for the two groups and said he spent the past year in Yemen.

"During this period, the defendant was interviewed on all but a daily basis," the letter said. After a four-day break, "the defendant was advised of his Miranda rights and, after waiving those rights, spoke to law enforcement agents" for another week, the letter said. The Miranda warning advises suspects of their right to remain silent and to have an attorney represent them.

Does that sound like a pretext to anyone else??? How perfect of a suspect to show up knowing information on both Yemen and Somalia, "Lets go get these terrooorrrizers hiding in these countries... I hate being American. I say I am a New Yorker.
edit on 6-7-2011 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons because: forgot the URL haha

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wait, he was interviewed, THEN miranda'd?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

I'm surprised he was mirandized at all.

If he can stand trial in the US, why can't the people in Guantanamo?

new topics

join