It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeks stop Canadian ship bound for Gaza

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
HUH Have the Greek government resorted to sending out sea pirates to savage what they can to pay a small percentage of their interest payments on their debts.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I am stating that most are quick to judge Israel without really appreciating the unique situation it finds itself a part of. How many Western countries are surrounded by it's enemies?

Umm, and yet they CHOSE to be there...

Unique all right, they wanted trouble from day one.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
Agreed. I have always said this. If the Israeli's are worried about arms being smuggled- why don't they just search the ship and once they realize nothing is on the ship but food and aid- they can guide the ship to the shore and help extract the goodies.
Oh wait- feeding palestinians isn't one of Israel's priorities.

You've always said this? Well, 'always' is alot of time to actually read something about this whole issue.

The Israelis offered the ships to have their cargo searched, yet the ships refused. They insist that simply breaking the blockade is their main goal. More than actually helping the Palestinians.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
sounds alot like a case of the isrealis telling the greeks, "stop these ships from getting to gaza and we will pay you some dollars"

why all of a sudden would greece care about aid ships if they were getting compensated for it?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
According to the news site I used as my source in the OP, two Canadians and an Australian have been arrested. The details are limited at this time. Regrettably I am on my mobile and cannot post the link properly without directing to the mobile site. I will provid the link once I get home if no one else has.this event seems to be a hot topic of discussion amongst my peers. Guess what...I'm in Canada and I still have not spoken to one person who supports the Greek, Canadian, or the Israeli government's actions in this situation. This is clearly Israel "twisting the arms" of the Greek government. I am sickened that the government my fellow citizens have voted in would dare to publicly side with Israel on this. I think it's time to boycott anything Greek until they change their stance on these aid ships.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yes you are correct, I should have used the correct term.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

What is to stop these people from seeing what comes onto land once they dock???
Last time I checked IDF are all over the place.
People can improvise you know?
These people called international attention to themselves before attempting this "advance" on the bridgade.
But sorry, you're right they must be harboring to kill israeli's that must be the only answer behind an international announcement about voyage.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

They should stop every boat going to Gaza. Its under israeli control and should stay that way until the palestinians stop acting like animals and decide to join the western world and not be like their primitive muslim brothers...
edit on 8-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just answer me this.
Why can't they dock there and then be searched.
Might I suggest it is so that those palestinians who you call animals, will never get an eye at freedom or straight up humanity? You call them animals, I call them people- just like the Israeli's they too are people- even when they ACT like animals.
I'm not defending Islamic radicalism or any sort of radicalism- I just think it is a bit radical that they resort to such effort. You would think with all the technologies that the Israel forces have- they would be able to let the ship dock and secure a shipment of goods and sort out the bad.
Do they honestly think it left Greece with a nuclear bomb or something?
Oh right, anybody that supports palestine is an anti-semite.
edit on 8-7-2011 by tribaltrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good. They had no business going there anyway.

You fail miserably.
Who the eff are you to say what people can and cannot do anyway?

I THINK, humanitarian efforts to prevent an ongoing genocide is business for EVERY able person.
if you think there is a problem in gaza, take it up with the western countrys.

UK and the USA the two dummies who put the jews back in charge of that region.
Its obvious they dont give a # and allow it so why do you care?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gate13

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good. They had no business going there anyway.

You fail miserably.
Who the eff are you to say what people can and cannot do anyway?

I THINK, humanitarian efforts to prevent an ongoing genocide is business for EVERY able person.
if you think there is a problem in gaza, take it up with the western countrys.

UK and the USA the two dummies who put the jews back in charge of that region.
Its obvious they dont give a # and allow it so why do you care?

If your response was really directed at me, then wtf are you talking about??
If the UK and the US don't give a #, why shouldn't I? Neither of those 2 entities represent me in the least.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hxc408

Are you one of those pro-Israel folks?

Those aid ships have every right to do what they are doing. Hostile "prevention" of the delivery of such aid should be considered an act of war against the country that sends the aid ship.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join