It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm addicted to Sugar/Caffeine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Pretty much addicted to crack? Come one guys, please be honest in your title. If your are addicted to sugar and sodas then say so in your title. I hate clicking on a dishonestly titled thread. Crack addiction affects my neighborhood is the only reason I clicked. Waste of click and thumbs down on this whiny thread. No S&Fs for anyone in this lame thread.

What do you think the 'pretty much' stands for? As far as I'm aware you can't 'Pretty much be addicted to crack' so logic would tell you that I wasn't infact talking about crack itself.

What are you complaining about seriously?
Find something productive to complain about.
Read a book.
Go outside.

I agree with him, it's misleading. and for those who are actually addicted to crack, have a little respect. it's no joke.

Better?
Stop crying about the title now pls.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

or did you mean you are hooked on plumbers butt?

And whats wrong with the plumebrs butt???

But seriously, you have to WANT to quit smoking in order to do it; but that is the same with ALL addictions.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

Originally posted by mb2591
tobacco is easy to quit.. you just have to tell yourself no everytime you think about it and replace that habit with something else for example reading or writing or gameplaying... anything and if you can't quit it's because you have a week mind.. you are not addicted you are just using that as an excuse to feed you habit.

Lol well thats bull; I smoke whilst doing all of those things and cannot do them without thinking about smoking.

The thing to break with smoking is the habit, not the addiction. For example, those rituals you had before liek the last smoke before bed or the firs of the morning; THATS when you need to do something different
once you break the habit, the addiction will take care of itself (for smoking, anyway)

Lol no its not bull and clearly ive quit smoking more than you have.. And my final advice for people who want to quit smoking...

YOU have to want it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

tobacco is easy to quit.. you just have to tell yourself no everytime you think about it and replace that habit with something else for example reading or writing or gameplaying... anything and if you can't quit it's because you have a week mind.. you are not addicted you are just using that as an excuse to feed you habit.

Also caffeine makes you want tobacco more.. so does drinking.

It only takes a few days of strong will to quit and then you wont even think about it and when you do it won't be hard to say no.
edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

Tobacco is easy to quit?

you really need to want to quit... to quit tabaco for good

I can quit cafeine anyday .. but tabaco .. damn hard to stop that
even when im having a bad cold .. i still smoke

i know its not funny .. but i cant do anything
i might take anti smoke patchs when im ready to quit

i like smoking .. especially with a cofee or a beer .. 2 other addictives stuff
the gov controll us with this junk addictive stuff
they are litteraly drugs that slow the system down
when the SHTF... i will start the patchs
since the tabaco maker willl no longer provide the grocery stores
i will then have no choice to stop

might be soon

edit on 7/2/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

link   

ull and clearly ive quit smoking more than you have.. And my final advice for people who want to quit smoking...

YOU have to want it.

Which is EXACTLY what I said

link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Pretty much addicted to crack? Come one guys, please be honest in your title. If your are addicted to sugar and sodas then say so in your title. I hate clicking on a dishonestly titled thread. Crack addiction affects my neighborhood is the only reason I clicked. Waste of click and thumbs down on this whiny thread. No S&Fs for anyone in this lame thread.

What do you think the 'pretty much' stands for? As far as I'm aware you can't 'Pretty much be addicted to crack' so logic would tell you that I wasn't infact talking about crack itself.

What are you complaining about seriously?
Find something productive to complain about.
Read a book.
Go outside.

I agree with him, it's misleading. and for those who are actually addicted to crack, have a little respect. it's no joke.

Better?
Stop crying about the title now pls.

much better, now to your topic.
sounds like your body has matured with all of these products and you've grown a reliance.
you could detox I suppose, by supplementing or cutting your intake by half. and steadily dropping it out until it's a non-factor. It's all chemicals and their reactions, something in the drinks, in the foods or combination of is "needed" or so your brain has been led to believe it is beneficial. Try eating actual healthy foods and drinks, even if you hate it for a bit, your body will adapt regardless. or half and half, anything but allowing the addiction to have complete control over your body.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have been a MT dew drinker for 15 years and recently started having heart problems. I have now quit drinking any soda for almost 2 weeks now and the heart problems are starting to subside(on a side note the bathroom side of my life has started to improve to). So yes being addicted to soda can be almost as dangerous as crack. It is a very hard addiction to get over for me i fiend MT dew constantly, i have dreams of doing the dew similar to many drug dreams i had when i was quitting drugs. I actually was a crack/coc aine addict spent a decent amount of time in rehab for the problem. I can say from experience quitting MT dew is much harder because its availble everywhere. I know crack will suck away more of your money and kill you faster but the addiction is very similar if not the same. Oh yea someone mentioned coffee and soda in the same sentence in this article they are not the same. Research coffee it has many health BENEFITS as long as you use it in moderation and dont dump sugar and creamer into it. Use HONEY NOT SUGAR and milk a much better substitute then creamer. If you have looked at the packaging for creamer they have many of the same ingredients that mt dew does. If you can avoid the milk even better i can not yet. Coffee will help you get over the headaches though it wont completly get rid of them. I still get the exhausted feeling in the afternoon as the caffenie runs out from coffee and the soda isnt pouring down my throat at a very high level. Anyways good luck dont end up like me with 17 year drinker of MT dew with heart problems at age 30 quit now never start again.

P.S. funny note dont replace mt dew with oarange juice as your only drink i did this the first 2 days drank almost 2 gallons of OJ in 2 days. This was very horrible and very painful on my digestive tract im just now getting over the acid burn on my exit point.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It only takes a few days of strong will to quit and then you wont even think about it and when you do it won't be hard to say no.

Tobacco is easy to quit?

yea if you cant quit you have a weak mind.. ie you let yourself give in to the craving

I have quit a few times so i know its not hard..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Tobacco is easy to quit?

yea if you cant quit you have a weak mind.. ie you let yourself give in to the craving

I have quit a few times so i know its not hard..

Addiction works differntly with many people and becuase one thing was easy to quit for does not mean it is easy to quit for all. Lauging and insulting people that are trying to accomplish something is not helping them. So i must ask are you trying to help people or demean them?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ghondon

I suggest you to drink more water
buy some little water bottles 30 for 2$ (sometime there is good rebates)
i have now a huge reserve almost 500 hundred bottles lol (perfect to when the SHTF
)
bring that to your workplace to replace soda drinks
i realise its way better drinking a very cold water bottle than any sodas

i had once a an acid problem .. i was drinking to many Tim Horton cofee
my stomach hurted a lot
now im drinking Van Houtte
and a lot of water
but with a peperoni pizza ..its a coka cola FTW lol

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The stupid thing about it is I do eat quite healthy and exercise a lot. By this I mean apart from the stupid amounts of sugar I eat healthy meals. I will try cutting down my sugar intake but I'm not gonna lie, I find it extremely hard once I get into a rut.

The sad thing is I never notice myself getting into the rut until its too late

I'm such an idiot for letting myself get addicted to sugar, caffeine and tobacco. It's like giving a chainsaw to leather face and saying he looks ugly.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmaker

I'm such an idiot for letting myself get addicted to sugar, caffeine and tobacco. It's like giving a chainsaw to leather face and saying he looks ugly.

Nah you are not an idiot

For thousand of years humans have took these things
its not hurting anybody
we have moderate ourself .. thats it
its impossible to stop like that .. just slow them down
from my part i have slow down on cofee and sugar .. tabaco is the hardest

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ghondon

I'm not laughing I'm trying to help I've quit smoking a few times so I know how to do it

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

When you say your 'Addicted' to Crack im thinking Crack Cocaine buddy. I went to a school where people told me about addiction and my friend whos addicted to Syrup told me to never do Crack cause its the most addicting Drug you can use. You can take my advice in anyway but delete the word Crack out your title. Its misleading.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

My "addictions" are coffee and sweets,like donuts,
little debbies...
I have switched from full caffeine to half caffeine coffee.
That was an achievement right there,it took about a year
to adjust to the switch.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by ghondon

I suggest you to drink more water
buy some little water bottles 30 for 2$ (sometime there is good rebates)
i have now a huge reserve almost 500 hundred bottles lol (perfect to when the SHTF
)
bring that to your workplace to replace soda drinks
i realise its way better drinking a very cold water bottle than any sodas

i had once a an acid problem .. i was drinking to many Tim Horton cofee
my stomach hurted a lot
now im drinking Van Houtte
and a lot of water
but with a peperoni pizza ..its a coka cola FTW lol

heh yea i started drinking lots of water now i have kicked the mt dew habbit and want nothing to do with it. What i do now when i dont want water is mix like 10% oj and 90%water works wonders.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Also the phosphorus in soda leaches calcium from your bones. it's terrible!
www.unhinderedliving.com... has some information about that.

One of the biggest deterrents that caused me not to smoke, was learning how much money is spent on cigarettes.

www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...

At today’s prices, if you smoke one pack of cigarettes each day for ten years, you’ll spend over $51,000 – easily enough to buy a new car or put a deposit on a house.

My uncle smoked, and he told me the same thing. He said, "With the amount of money I spent on cigarettes, I could have bought two motorcycles."

So there you go.

Good luck with quitting. The headaches from quitting caffeine should go away in a day or two. It doesn't take that long. Your body might also benefit from a cleanse. www.astrodreamadvisor.com... is one example, but there are many out there. Some you only drink fresh juice, some you only eat apples. Although I recommend not being a cleanse longer than a week.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join