It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to US agents: 'We'll chop your heads off'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Way to embolden the Gringos! If they don't want an escalation or further interruption of their illicit trade, this is not the way to go about it. Making threats to a government agency is only asking for trouble! They may be handling President Felipe Calderon, the Mexican Army, and Mexican law enforcement, but they have yet to force the hand of the United States like another drug lord did years ago in Columbia. If memory serves, his whole organization was dismantled, and he met his fate on a rooftop in Medellin. Perhaps, they forgot about the trials and tribulation of Pablo Escobar, and what happened to him when he forced the hand of the United States?

Save the machismo for the streets of Tia Juana or Juarez, because they will curse the day when instigating the full might of the United States. They think they have a monopoly on terror now, but wait until the US joins the fray. Some examples come to mind when there was US involvement in Nicaragua and El Salvador in the eighties and they were campaigns launched by the same people being threatened. Thousands died, infrastructure destroyed, death squads running rampant in the streets, government collapse, and whole laundry list of misfortune as result of heavy US involvement in those countries. Mexico could join the list?

Besides, there is enough violence on the streets of Mexico, but if these criminals carry on with assassinations of US government agents and employees there will be a robust response and not another aid package. Thus, making an already bad situation worse. I am surprised the US has not gotten involved up to this point since the drug war has cost over 30,000 lives in Mexico, and if this type behavior happens we will see more involvement by the US overtly and covertly. Just my thoughts on this. Not a smart move by the drug lords of Mexico if they indeed had their underlings relay this message on the wall in Chihuahua.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by ateuprto

Originally posted by jam321
This is probably a sign that US involvement in Mexico is paying dividends.

US has increased the agents it has in Mexico in addition to drones patrols.

At the time, it was considered a rare success in U.S.-Mexico law enforcement cooperation. Now, unprecedented numbers of U.S. law enforcement agents work in Mexico, and high-profile arrests occur monthly. U.S. drones spy on cartel hideouts, while U.S. tracking beacons pinpoint suspect's cars and phones.

www.cbsnews.com...

The most competent reply thus far in my humble opinion. Mexico is finally opening its hand a little wider and letting us help with more boots on the ground. Go ahead and behead some U.S. DEA agents, we'll ready up a military/CIA/DHS unit and have our black out boys operating in your cartel zone. We all know how that turned out for Escobar...and 90% of his accomplices and relatives. Los Pepes wasn't just some rag-tag band of civilians. You want more blood...we'll see how you feel when cartel bodies REALLY start hitting the floor.

Yes, I'm sure the Prohibitionists would just love to invade another country. Thanks for the help, US-style prohibition is just all the vogue here. Can't begin to say how much everyone loves what is happening in Mexico these past few years.

I don't know that the manta was put-up by the cartels necessarily. There are just so many of us here that love the ATF for selling us all those weapons, the CIA for transporting the drugs with the Special Forces personnel to make sure the Drug Was is running smoothly. Those services aren't advertized much so I guess the DEA is needed for show-and-tell.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

My friend, mi hermano, while I understand and AGREE with you on just about all counts; I can not apologize for my support of ANY forces willing to go head on against the thugs that populate your beautiful country. I'm not one of your flag-waving, nationalistic meat-head morons either. The bottom line is that prohibition has created an enormous black market demand for narcotics, especially in the United States. Common sense I know. This is not going to change overnight. Generally speaking, jerk-offs and unethical punks swoop in and help feed this exponentially increasing demand. My beef is not with the drugs themselves, as COMPLETE legalization is one thing I DO support. Personal responsibility and autonomy trumps a nanny-state federal government any day of the week.

What I also happen to support is any force, be it military or law enforcement, from any nation willing to lend a hand in capturing and/or killing the maniacal hombres who populate the various cartels' ranks in your great nation. When a man or woman is willing to terrorize the civilian populace. When they are willing to murder men, women and children indiscriminately in the name of a money, control and "respect." When families are kidnapped and held at gun/knife point until the unlucky father of the household is forced to shoot up a local school, club or street. Well, this is when all the nationalistic crap goes out the window. I spent some time in your country conducting joint training exercises with GAFE forces and Los Federales. I have nothing but respect for the autonomy and safety of your country and countrymen. I want these scum murdered. Not the local guys slinging powder or trees for some extra cash, not the poor men who mule the drugs across the border to feed their children. I'm talking the jerk-offs who call the shots, the top two tiers of the cartel structure. These men should be erased from our existence, be it by a U.S. American or Mexican operator.

What I said certainly came off short-sighted as I did not take the time necessary to fully convey my point of view.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The United States of America's involvement in Central and South America in the 80's is nothing to be proud of. Even when I was coming up through "school," we had officers and NCO's who participated in those "campaigns." They are as ashamed of it as a human could be. Our special operations forces would train local forces to help battle thugs and punks just like the ones that inhabit Mexico (and the rest of the world for that matter). It ends up they took our instruction, turned 180 degrees and abused the knowledge and equipment by slaughtering innocent men, women and children by the dozens. I've seen a grown man, a 48 year-old NCO, Special forces for 20+ years shed a tear when reminiscing and teaching us lessons about the horrible events that unfolded. We learned our lesson (to an extent). There is only so much you can control. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life? Unless he decides to take ALL the fish out of the stream and make up his own rules.

I can assure you what happened in Latin America during that time period weighs heavy on the hearts, minds and souls of all the men who saw their teaching turned against children, innocent adults and university students.

This WILL NOT happen again if the men and women in JSOC have ANYTHING to do with it. You can believe that.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

I agree with you about US policy in Latin America during the eighties, and it was a horrendous human tragedy. Hopefully, it does not happen in Mexico? If US agents or government employees are killed? It will be followed by a stiff response. The American people will demand it. The cartels are playing a dangerous game if they follow through on this threat. US elements are already in country from Special Forces advisers, CIA, and DEA assisting the Mexican government, military, and law enforcement in Mexico's drug war.

I only mentioned past campaigns in Latin America, because the situation in Mexico could warrant that response when US government officials are being beheaded or victims of any other kind of terror initiated by the cartels. To put it simply, there will be a country full of US agents and military personnel with a vendetta mindset. So I find this graffiti alarming. The article mentioned that the cartels have stood clear of making direct threats against the US, but this latest incident could be a game changer for them?

Now, you mentioned in your post that what happened in Latin America would not happen again, but those same people who orchestrated such atrocities are still around in the intelligence community and military. Most recently, the "Salvador Option," was being kicked around by government officials as the insurgency in Iraq got more bloody and brutal years ago.

'Salvador Option' mooted for Iraq

So it has been with little surprise that I have read articles coming out of Washington in recent weeks, with US officials talking about a "Salvador Option" in Iraq, not only for democracy-building, but also for a more aggressive campaign to eliminate Iraqi insurgents and their supporters.

So, the element of old is still present in government, and that goes for the tactics as well. The article mentioned above was from six-years-ago. Like you, I hope the situation does not deteriorate on the scale of what was seen in Latin America during the eighties? If the cartels carry out this threat? What is to stop the US government from taking the gloves in response as it had in the past?
edit on 2-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

US elements are already in country from Special Forces advisers, CIA, and DEA assisting the Mexican government, military, and law enforcement in Mexico's drug war.

You and many others speak as if that is a valiant effort based on some noble purpose. The Drug War is an insidious policy perpetuated by self-serving interests. It's intentions and the US's involvement in Mexico is far from noble.

Surely the strategists are smarter than myself in these matters but from all observations the campaign is not being conducted with the goal of reducing the cartels' influence and power but with the intent of creating instability and an increasing violence. I do not believe this is being done unintentionally, nor are the screw-ups as the ATF's "back-fired" arms-supplying scheme. There is a much larger unspoken agenda. Can you guess its nature?

This ill-begotten global drug policy agenda is what created the cartels to begin with. How superlative it is to create a problem so that one can pose as the sole solution as well.

Please, just spare us your delusions of grandeur. The rest of us elsewhere are not as convinced as yourselves.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboyHeck I do that too if the DEA is messing with my cash flow. Beheadings is the way to go to deter others from interfering.

Dude, you are sympathetic to the Drug Cartel's dilemma, and condone the beheading of DEA agents?

Wow. That's funny. Because those Drug Cartel members wouldn't think twice about raping all the women in your family, shooting you in the head, and dropping your body in a vat of acid. Why would they do that? They don't need a reason, they might just do it for the lulz.

DEA/ATF/CIA agents, while they might be shills, thugs, and all around douche bags, they are by no means the psychopathic serial killers those drug cartel people are.

My point: If I had to chose a side, I'd chose the US Gov't side, because at least that way I stand a chance at living to retirement.

Why don't you go down to Mexico and join the drug cartel and see how long you last, since you think they are so cool?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Of course there are critics of the Drug War, and the US's involvement in Mexico. I happen to be one of them, but there is no simple answer to the problem. All I was saying with the quote you mentioned was that US boots are on the ground in Mexico right now. So, there is more to the aid packages being sent to the Mexican government than meets the eye.

Are they contributing to the chaos and instability? Chances are that they may have a hand in it, and just as much as the drug addicts north of the border. Is there a self serving agenda to go along with the Drug War? Apparently, there is. Ranging from corrections, the judiciary, law enforcement, and even politics. It is a multi-billion dollar a year transnational enterprise. To put it simply, a lot of untraceable cash is being tossed around? My guess is much of it is finding its way into legitimate circles as it does illegal ones?

It is a mess, and there is no silver bullet to the problem. Essentially, any response to the problem is like walking on egg shells. I know one thing is for certain, this war has cost thousands of lives and has turned Mexico into a shooting gallery. The only ones that can disrupt the influence of the drug lords is the Mexican government and the Mexican people. A strong message must be sent, that by disrupting the political process, killing and maiming people in the streets, or any other kind of disruptions to basic civil conduct will be dealt with harshly. Easier said than done, but that has got to be the marching orders.

Moreover, any inkling of corruption in government or law enforcement will be dealt harshly as well. No more of turning the blind-eye to any of it. That is how I feel about the subject, and it may be delusions of grandeur as you put it earlier? Hopefully, we can all agree that this mess has become a blood bath. Moreover, there are no easy answers to solve the problem. However, more has got to be done, because honest hardworking people are literally terrified to leave their homes. Thanks for the response! You brought up many good points!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join