It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Man awaiting federal sentencing commits suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Attorney: Man awaiting federal sentencing commits suicide

amarillo.com

He starting accepting monthly payments in exchange for a newsletter updating his supporters on his efforts to redeem the certificates, which the government said Buckley knew were fraudulent.

Bonnie Gunden, Buckley's attorney, told the jury in closing arguments that the "TreasuryGate" chief never knowingly intended to defraud the thousands of true believers who sent him money every month for a newsletter on his progress.

He was always transparent with federal investigators and his followers about his mission to verify and redeem the certificates, she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com
www.chron.com
www.newschannel10.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.newschannel10.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This story has all the elements of the beginning of the NWO. I had personally met Mr.Buckley while doing some installation work.He had a very compelling story that is known as Treasury-Gate.

Treasury-Gate
A little background: On 7/8/91 he and a few others were arrested by the Secret Service for presenting one FCD International Certificate BLC CD US Treasury BNC TLD Federal Reserve Note BC International Transaction to the Dallas Fed for verification and subsequent financial resolution. This meeting with the Dallas Fed was pre-arranged by a close friend of Reagan and Bush. The Secret Service arrested them in their hotel room after the meeting; they originally planned to kill them but did not because they did not have the note with them and there was another man with them who was not at the FRB and they did not know who this man was. The orders came from the White House.They spent a week in jail without charges being filed; they were eventually released and the case was dropped. In about 3 months he got Congress to accept a "Commitment to Congress" and an original Swiss certificate for verification and receipt back to him. Congress and the FBI stopped talking to him after the certificate was declared real and valid.The congressman responsible was Charles Rose(NC).

There were Billions of dollars worth of these Certificates.

Tommy claimed they were real to the very end.

amarillo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba

edit on 1-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So if the Secret Service had originally planned to kill Tommy Lee Buckley in the hotel.

How are we certain Tommy Lee Buckley was not suicided/murdered?

Can you point out one of your many links or add a link with the side of the story you presented in the second post/

Thanks S&F

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve and the U.S. Treasury had until Monday, May 3 to respond to the trillion-dollar "Treasurygate" lawsuit filed by Tommy Buckley of Amarillo, Texas on February 16

www.rumormillnews.com...

I find it a little awkward that the guy files a Trillion dollar lawsuit with the Feds and Treasury Dept, then is found to be guilty at a trial he's convicted at. I don't think the guy would of went through all that trouble to just commit suicide. Interesting though. I'm still reading about it. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I was thinking about doing a thread on this.

Here is the full story...

The Saga of Treasury-Gate

I would love to hear what some of you guy think.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I call BS on the idea that the secret service would act as anyone's hit man, and challenge you to back that statement up with sources and fact, not opinion.

On the story at hand: I fail to see how selling newsletter subscriptions at $17.00 a month should warrant mail fraud charges unless it could be proven that the seller knew it was all BS that he had fabricated himself, and even at that is it mail fraud to purport to have news that interested people would want to read?

Mail fraud is a weak prosecution compared to say trying to defraud a Federal reserve bank.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think its entirely possible that he did know they were fraudulent, and that he was indeed milking the gullible for money. Lord knows I have seen the gullible milked enough in my lifetime by enough people to be certain that people do in fact do it.

Look at the preacher who predicted the end of the world on May 21st or whatever that date was. He got 14 mil or something like that from his followers.

I also think there is a lesson to be learned here.

Milking the gullible is less likely to land you in jail if you involve some religious aspect.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

The story gets really complex.

My "BS" meter was spiking as well.

I hope I did not present the "Saga" as 100% factual.

I am reading everything I can on this subject.

I am still trying to make some sense out of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I would normally immediately agree that this is some kind of scam.

However, I have been in his house. Nothing abnormal there.

It's has been over a decade since I spoke with the man.

I just have a hard time believing he was a fraud.

But with all things being equal...You are probably correct.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

And I do understand that being in his house and meeting him, etc., might make you give him the benefit of the doubt. But lots of people who are con artists are also very nice normal people, they just so happen to think its okay to con people for money.

There is also a real possibility that he believed it and was just wrong, too.

I do believe that happens sometimes.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just have one question. This is a very interesting but have to take a paraphrased lesson from The Shawshank Redemption that everybody in prison is innocent who were F'd by their lawyer.

Where are these alleged Fraudulent "TreasuryGate" Certificates now?

If they are in normal Federal Courts chain of evidence lock-up or Secret Service Fraudulent Currency/Document Department/lock-up, It would speak volumes.

If the "TreasuryGate" Certificates are being secured and treated as Multi-Billion Dollar assets then my stupid paraphrased wit-ism may not be so stupid.

Regardless, Thanks OP...Great Thread & A Fun Read

t
edit on 7/1/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
I just have one question. This is a very interesting but have to take a paraphrased lesson from The Shawshank Redemption that everybody in prison is innocent who were F'd by their lawyer.

Where are these alleged Fraudulent "TreasuryGate" Certificates now?

If they are in normal Federal Courts chain of evidence lock-up or Secret Service Fraudulent Currency/Document Department/lock-up, It would speak volumes.

If the "TreasuryGate" Certificates are being secured and treated as Multi-Billion Dollar assets then my stupid paraphrased wit-ism may not be so stupid.

Regardless, Thanks OP...Great Thread & A Fun Read

t
edit on 7/1/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

I read that FEDS have confiscated them and are not turning them over as evidence.

Some interesting questions: if this is a brilliant and intricate "scam", why did the Federal Judge in Amarillo send it to the Federal Court of Claims in Washington, "with merit"?; why is Tommy Buckley, who has the "threat" of unspecified future legal action against him, aggressively sueing the government instead of just keeping quiet and making himself as inconspicuous as possible?; how come Mr. Dominic not only was forced into signing a plea-bargain agreement before he left the country, but also had to declare in writing that he forever surrendered ownership of these "worthless" certificates and would never attempt to reclaim them?; how come the US government, having confiscated them, refuses to produce them for technical and physical

[abruptly cut off in transmission...]

www.rumormillnews.com...
edit on 1-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That is Judge Mary Lou Robinson and she is tough.

She was the judge in Oprah v Cattlemen.

Cattlemen vs. Oprah Winfrey

She believed it had merit.

This story just keeps getting stranger.

I'm going to keep digging.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

just my opinion , but :

Their objective when they came into the room was to make sure we were all dead and then take the certificates we had. End of story. But the fourth man was in the room.

people prepared to kill 3 men in a hotel room , would kill 4 at the drop of a hat

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The guy seems like a scam artist -- I think there is a major problem in the conspiracy area with snake oil salesmen barking up elaborate BS schemes like this -- the "Freeman" things, for examples.

However, was a long term prison sentence really necessary for this type of non-violent crime? His financial actions may have caused some serious financial harm to some folks, but we have violent felons walking free daily on 40 or 50% of their sentences due to prison overcrowding and chronic underfunding of state and federal prison systems. We need to focus on housing violent offenders for longer terms and find alternative sentence conditions for people who are perpetrators of financial fraud that doesn't include violence.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Great points...

With all the violent people around.

This is the guy we choose to send to Federal Prison.

The people mailed their money to him.

After meeting him...I would not of felt safer locking him up.

I still think there is more to this story.

Look at the 33 million in cash found in Iraq.

Is this where that money came from?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I am with you on the fourth person would be no problem.

However, they also did not have all the Certificates.

I hope our Government is not in the habit of murdering people...

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bumping this very old thread.

Just wondering if anyone has any new news regarding "Treasurygate" ?

Thanks

top topics

join