It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Massive Police Layoffs Preparation for Military on the Streets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just a theory,

All of these police lay-offs...are people going to stand by and watch their neighborhoods fall into decay? Crime rates rising, both on property and persons. And before many say that it is a US thing, it's not. Scroll through and you will see Toronto looking at the same measures.

So here are the theories and questions:

Are they making way for the military to come in to the cities as law enforcement? They are already on the payroll so the justification could be to use them as police in the absence of town, city and state enforcement.

Look at it this way. A rise in crime and violence of the magnitude that is happening will not be tolerated for long. The citizen patrols such as the Guardian Angels will encounter more and more violence against them and the question will arise..."What can Washington do?" It always comes down to this.

So what will they do when people are protesting, crime rates are rising, citizens are becoming victims of increased violence, the drug dealers are taking over neighborhoods etc? Answer: Send in the troops to sort it all out and keep the peace.

This may be over the top to many but I see it as a logical progression. If not, what are the alternatives? That is the other question. We have seen the troops training in the streets of small town America and a lot of people have questioned the actions as preparation to police America with the Military.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits members of the Army and Air Force from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

So, has this all been foreseen? Was Washington expecting this? Was it planned? So many questions.

When it gets to a point of people being afraid to step out their front doors, walk down the street, send their children to school or even walk to the corner store for some milk and bread, what will it take for them to request Military on their own streets? It's getting to the point that if the police can't be on patrol, who will be in the streets?

Will Thousands Of Police Layoffs Unleash Chaos And Anarchy Across America?
Thousands of police officers have been laid off all across America since the current economic crisis began. Thousands more are getting ready to be laid off. So could we be on the verge of a new era of chaos and anarchy in America as crime runs wild and there are just far too few police to respond to it all?

But N.J. officials see no direct link between crime spike and police layoffs:
www.newjerseynewsroom.com...

Months after massive layoffs saw an increase in violent crime in many New Jersey cities including Newark, Trenton and Camden, noted as the most violent in the United States; officials are still not ready to admit they see a direct connection.

A rash of murders in Newark over the Easter weekend brought the total number of murders in that city to 28 in this year, a 65 percent increase from the same time a year ago, according to statistics from the county prosecutor's office.

The first quarter of the year saw an increase in robberies and burglaries, which went up 11 and 8 percent, respectively. Theft and auto theft crimes have each risen by more than 30 percent, North Jersey reported.

That is the message that one blood-smeared billboard in Stockton, California is trying to get across.
"Welcome to the 2nd most dangerous city in California. Stop laying off cops."
Paid for by the Stockton, California police union:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ffe482617fe.jpg[/atsimg]
Camden is deteriorating at an alarming rate.

Police Layoffs Spread Across US

West Orange Middle Class is experiencing higher crime rates in previously safe neighborhoods.

Most Recently:
Layoffs begin at San Jose Police Department
abclocal.go.com.../local/south_bay&id=8223417

SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A struggling economy means city budgets are hurting, and that's true for San Jose where 67 police officers were laid off on Thursday, leaving more than 1,100 officers to patrol a city of more than one million people.

11 Months ago, the Police kept their jobs with a 5% pay cut and a new 1 year contract:

According to Mr Reed, the libraries will be more important than public safety:

Did they think that this wasn't going to happen? Increased crime rates are of course, spiking as a result of lay-offs.

In the months following massive police layoffs in Camden, N.J., the county prosecutor’s office documented a 19 per cent spike in violent crime and a 259 per cent increase in aggravated assaults with firearms. In nearby Newark, law enforcement officials reported a jump in carjackings and shootings after more than 160 officers — about 10 per cent of the force — was laid off to help close a $150 million funding gap.

And it doesn't end there:
www.thestar.com...

In May alone, Cleveland city officials announced the layoff of 81 police officers; 80 officers from Providence, R.I., were told to prepare for pink slips; and in Trenton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack warned 111 officers — about a third of the force — may be cut.

The US is not alone. Toronto considers what a police force with 500 less officers will look like?
www.thestar.com...

Toronto earned a spot on this list of cities considering what Pasco calls “draconian” cuts. After Chief Bill Blair presented a near $1 billion proposed operating budget for 2012, the police services board asked him to report back on what a force with 500 fewer officers would look like.

The following are 24 signs of what is, and what will happen with the increase in police layoffs. Some of the list doesn't directly address the police issue but much of it does...with links
endoftheamericandream.com... and

edit on 1-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
An interesting thought. Many major cities are falling apart at the seams. Camden NJ, Cleveland OH, large portions of Detroit are no longer patrolled. The one glaring problem with this, is that the American Military is spread so thin these days, fighting 5 conflicts, with potentially 7. Marshall law could very well on the horizon, but just how affective would it be?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well from what i'v heard crime rates have been lower in the last few years than a long time. Don't know if it's true or not. Also, no there will not be anarchy, 90% of what cops do is busting people with drugs, and giving tickets. They're just making cuts thats all, no conspiracy to it in my opinion.
edit on 1-7-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Well from what i'v heard crime rates have been lower in the last few years than a long time. Don't know if it's true or not. Also, no there will not be anarchy, 90% of what cops do is busting people with drugs, and giving tickets. They're just making cuts thats all, no conspiracy to it in my opinion.
edit on 1-7-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

The Politicians also state the same but the numbers are a Tell-Tale sign IMO

From the www.newjerseynewsroom.com...

A rash of murders in Newark over the Easter weekend brought the total number of murders in that city to 28 in this year, a 65 percent increase from the same time a year ago, according to statistics from the county prosecutor's office. The first quarter of the year saw an increase in robberies and burglaries, which went up 11 and 8 percent, respectively. Theft and auto theft crimes have each risen by more than 30 percent, North Jersey reported.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ztruthseeker
An interesting thought. Many major cities are falling apart at the seams. Camden NJ, Cleveland OH, large portions of Detroit are no longer patrolled. The one glaring problem with this, is that the American Military is spread so thin these days, fighting 5 conflicts, with potentially 7. Marshall law could very well on the horizon, but just how affective would it be?

Good point.

If Obama actually does initiate the troop pull backs, then where will these troops be deployed? Either overseas or on the streets would be my guess:

WASHINGTON — Beginning to wind down a long and devastating war, President Barack Obama announced Wednesday night he was pulling home 33,000 U.S. troops from Afghanistan by next summer, withdrawing the “surge” of forces he had sent to rescue a flailing effort. Said Obama to a country eager for an exit: “The tide of war is receding.” Read more: www.chron.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The NWO movment cares about public servants (cops) as much as its said they care about the general populace. They in the wash over too..... The soldiers too. just about everybody even those who dont think they are which is Ironic as ever....

Be well
edit on 7/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I personally don't see troops on the streets.

I also have to wonder if the increase in crime is due to the economy rather than less police. IMO, if a person is going to murder or steal, they will do it no matter how many police are on the force.

With less police and more crime, I do see more gun rights being passed.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I personally don't see troops on the streets.

I also have to wonder if the increase in crime is due to the economy rather than less police. IMO, if a person is going to murder or steal, they will do it no matter how many police are on the force.

With less police and more crime, I do see more gun rights being passed.

That's an interesting take on it.

I do have to question the more gun rights tho. I really can't see Govt. allowing more and more citizens with guns.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, I think military will hit the streets soon. but thats when things will get much more interesting. people will be put under pressure and riots will be the effect. food at an all time high, gas at an all time high. At that point it will seem like the whole world is restless. But its always darkest before the light, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning
reply to post by jude11

Yes, I think military will hit the streets soon. but thats when things will get much more interesting. people will be put under pressure and riots will be the effect. food at an all time high, gas at an all time high. At that point it will seem like the whole world is restless. But its always darkest before the light, right?

I think it will be the solution to the picture you are painting actually. The troops will be there BECAUSE of these events.

I just keep hoping it doesn't come to this tho.

new topics

top topics

join