It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan shuts US out of drone base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Pakistan has called a stop to US drone flights from a base that has launched strikes against Taliban and al-Qaeda militants on its border with Afghanistan.

Source: www.ft.com...

How is this going to effect relations between Pakistan and the U.S.?
Does this put us back to square one?

This CIA drone base is not officially acknowledged by the White House and the refused to comment.
edit on 30-6-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh well, thats not gonna stop the US from bombing pakistan. I see war on the horizon. Everyone seems to think that it will be the US (and allies) against China, Russia or Iran. It won't be, the next major conflict will be a two fold war. One fought in Pakistan and the other fought at home by and against the many Pakistani immigrants who live in the US and Europe.

ALS

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"If you can't handle and stop the people we consider as terrorists in your country, we will do it for you."

If Pakistan says stop the USA should just stop, or the CIA for that matter.
It's not their playground, the Pakistanis can play with who ever they want in their playground.

Being an arrogant savior doesn't really make friends.
edit on 30-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hillary ain't worth spit!
Obama ain't worth spit!

Their foreign policy is a shambles. It makes no sense!

We are fighting a war where Obama will NOT state a goal for victory. We are fighting a war with a friggin' time-table! And now, we are fighting a war without the use of an effective tool.

Way to go!
USA
USA
*facepalm*
edit on 30-6-2011 by beezzer because: add more

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
the next major conflict will be a two fold war. One fought in Pakistan and the other fought at home by and against the many Pakistani immigrants who live in the US and Europe.

The Pakistani immigrants will not riot enough to be considered a war, they know the general population are not "very very bad men".

People are people and no one can be blamed for what their government does.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And today drone strikes........in SOMALIA ?? This is getting a little out of hand now. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Yemen, Libya and now another ? Look, there was alot of international outcry when 9/11 happened, but at this rate I don't think many countries will bat an eyelid if it happens again. And it pains me to say that, but what other country in the world is like this ? It's easy to demonize the North Koreans and Iranians, but how many countries are they overtly bombing, how many Iranian detention centers are there scattered around the world. It's not them I'm worried about having nukes, I'm worried about the ones who already have em.

Story - Somalian Drone Strike 30/6/2011

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Boy them Pakis have some stones. They hide terrorists, extort money from us, lie to us and now this? Yup, I gotta agree with Beezer...Hilary and Obama are worthless.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Boy them Pakis have some stones. They hide terrorists, extort money from us, lie to us and now this? Yup, I gotta agree with Beezer...Hilary and Obama are worthless.

Or that was the only way to get inside the troubled region without warning. Pretending that we're fighting the Talibans and Al-Qaida while we also assess the situation from within the enemy territory? Just a thought.

I think we would have received a lot of international criticism and pakistan would have denied all our allegations openly (just the way they did with Osama who was hiding in their country ofcourse with the government and military's help) if we would have decided to resolve the troubled hot spot with a war. I guess we are building a case against them to justify the military action against them (if any)?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The United States ARE the biggest TERRORISTS

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
The United States ARE the biggest TERRORISTS

Hmmm.

You sound like a UK based Pakistani Citizen. However to put things into perspective, there is a difference between Terrorism and Theft or Bullying.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The trouble is, the only way to stop a bully is to punch him square in the mouth, which begs the question, how big will the punch be ?? I think now would be a good time for the U.S to pack up and start watching it's own skies. If I sound like I'm advocating this, I'm not.

Remember the shock waves it sent when the Murrah building in Oklahoma was blown up ? Well there's a whole lot of other countries who are now numb to seeing something like that in their own cities and villages too, but it's not a domestic cause. The same way people hated Tim Mcveigh is the same way people in those countries are going to hate those responsible for these drone strikes. So instead of having one Bin Laden gone you can have a dozen more in the making.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is purely symbolic on the part of the Pakistanis to apeas some in thier country. The US had been pulling the drones out and moving them to a base in Afghanistan for several months and had left the base almost a month ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
these pakistanis are total and complete idiots! they knew where bin laden was for 6 years,but what did they do?nothing! i hope i am alive the day they regret that they don't have the USA inside their tent pissing out than on the outside pissing in! we should get the innocent people out,and blast the remaining terrorists to hell where they belong!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
these pakistanis are total and complete idiots! they knew where bin laden was for 6 years,but what did they do?nothing! i hope i am alive the day they regret that they don't have the USA inside their tent pissing out than on the outside pissing in! we should get the innocent people out,and blast the remaining terrorists to hell where they belong!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I, However, AM a US Citizen. And i do agree that the US Is The Biggest Terrorist Nation.

We Breed Terror ourselves. By Killing someone's brother, Mother, Sister, or Daughter only adds One more to their cause.

Stop the Violence, Stop giving people emotional Cause to join the Terrorist Ranks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm just not buying it. Pakistan will continue to let us use their base IMO.

It's all about the money.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsontidefan

Supposedly it was 6 months not 6 years. Many speculate that the US/Pakistan knew where he was hiding but didn't make a move until they had disabled any major threats. There was a threat that if Bin Laden was killed then Al Queada (sp) would blow up a few dirty bombs. My guess is that the US and Company found these bombs and disabled them then move in for the kill (literally). SO he was hiding I'm sure we had tabs on him the whole 6 months that we knew where he was. A smart predator will wait in shadow until the time is right. Especially when dealing with a formidable prey. In reality though the governments of the world don't really care how many of the private citizens die as long as their economic power remains. They shifted the battlefield to afghanistan/pakistan border years ago so we don't have to worry about them killing us or destroying our economic centers. Besides as long as those are in tact then we can just get billed for the destruction costs and rebuild costs of the other countries.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

join