It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durbin: Illegal Alien Could Be Our Future President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Durbin: Illegal Alien Could Be Our Future President

www.realclearpolitics.com

After using illegal immigrants as props to push the DREAM Act, Sen. Durbin (D-IL) made the following statement at a Senate committee hearing:

"When I look around this room, I see America's future. Our doctors, our teachers, our nurses, our engineers, our scientists, our soldiers, our Congressman, our Senators and maybe our President."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is a real comfort but certainly no surprise, here is a sitting US Senator who has a fundamental lack of knowledge of the US constitution. Or does he?

Durbin certainly knows that the Constitution requires the person be born in the US. So why did he say that an illegal could be President? Pandering. Feel good nonsense to stir up the Latino vote.

Be interesting to see if the media makes as big a deal over this than they did over Bachman's confusion over John Wayne's home town.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Why did he say that, because techincally Barrack Obama is an illegal alien, so hes not wrong is he.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Rand Paul needs to loan out his pocket copy of the Constitution to Sen. Durbin. It should be mandatory for all Congressmen and women to have it handy to prevent foot in mouth disease.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One question....was every single person in that room an illegal alien? All it takes is one single US citizen for his statement to be accurate.

After looking at the OP link, he made this comment in a Senate committee hearing. So, another question arises: Do illegal aliens typically (or ever) sit in on these hearings?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The Pro-Illegal/Pro-Immigration crowd likes to bring them in when debates on immigration, amnesty, etc occur so that they can use them and their "struggles" in an attempt to get votes out of sympathy. In other words, Dick Durbin was trying to get his fellow senators to vote with their hearts, instead of with their brains.
edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr

Why did he say that, because techincally Barrack Obama is an illegal alien, so hes not wrong is he.

Actually he is not an illegal alien. If you have definitive proof stating otherwise that nobody has. Please share.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Apparently the majority of them were illegal.

It would have been amusing were a person attempt to complete a citizen's arrest of these criminals while they were in the Senate chamber.

The gross manipulation of the public regarding this issue is disgusting. This is not an emotional issue, it is a legal issue. Enforce the law or change it

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just want to go on record as an Illinois resident saying I did not vote for this clown! Of course if you know anything of Illinois politics you know the state is filled with politicians of his ilk. I am ashamed to admit I live here but for now it has to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

He is from Illinois, need I say more,

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by Aggie Man

It would have been amusing were a person attempt to complete a citizen's arrest of these criminals while they were in the Senate chamber.

Yes, and it would have been most amusing if it had been a Senator that had attempted a citizen's arrest. I mean, if they want to say "the buck stops here", then this would have been a prime opportunity to put up or shut up. It seems that they chose the latter.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
An illegal alien is already are president

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I might be confused but did this bill pass?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

No. The bill will never pass. It passed the House last time and was filibustered in the Senate. It will likely be modified and voted down in the House now and never get out of the Senate.

Durbin certainly knows that. This is fodder to gin up the Latino vote, Obama realizing that the only way he can possibly get elected, unless the Republicans self-distruct is by getting massive turnout by poor and minority voters.

The class and racially divisive election campaign has begun.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If the fact of so many illegal aliens sitting in as guest of congress doesn't show the sad state the nation is is, nothing does. We have be come a country where laws are only used to enforce the power of the powerful when they see fit and abuse the common citizen. We don't deserve freedom.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
One question....was every single person in that room an illegal alien? All it takes is one single US citizen for his statement to be accurate.

After looking at the OP link, he made this comment in a Senate committee hearing. So, another question arises: Do illegal aliens typically (or ever) sit in on these hearings?

Every other person reading about the interview or watching it understood what the senator meant - except you and the people giving you stars.

Some of the "finest" bottom of the barrel scraping to try and defend a democrat I think I've witnessed on ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There's a Kenyan in the White House. Nothing would surprise me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is a real comfort but certainly no surprise, here is a sitting US Senator who has a fundamental lack of knowledge of the US constitution. Or does he?

Durbin certainly knows that the Constitution requires the person be born in the US. So why did he say that an illegal could be President? Pandering. Feel good nonsense to stir up the Latino vote.

Be interesting to see if the media makes as big a deal over this than they did over Bachman's confusion over John Wayne's home town.

he was probably getting at the anchor baby thing. any illegal alien who gives birth on US soil , that child is instantly a natural born citizen, and eligible to be potus (from that standpoint anyway). the parents citizenship is irrelevant. this bothers the birthers, but it is true. proof of that is that the US senators will sue obama over libya, but not even bachman has brought up his eiligibility

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
sorry i gotta disagree the potus will need to speak english and if hes an illegal alien chances are he or she doesnt.

im not worried.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You do not need to be born in the US to be president. It does not say that in the constitution. It says natural born citizen. There is a huge difference.

new topics

top topics

join