It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC airport invaded by turtles, delaying flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK (AP) — About 150 turtles crawled onto the tarmac at New York's Kennedy airport Wednesday in search of beaches to lay their eggs, delaying dozens of flights, aviation authorities said.

The slow-motion stampede began about 6:45 a.m., and within three hours there were so many turtles on Runway 4L and nearby taxiways that controllers were forced to move departing flights to another runway.

Ha. Now this is the kind of news I like! If only we had some pictures of this.

Maybe we can have some cheetahs running across the runway next time?

"We hope for faster animals next time," JetBlue said in a statement.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is great news.

Finally turtles are standing up against the TSA.

Lead by example my fellow half-shell friends!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That is so funny...my wife was just reading me this off of her computer not 20 minutes ago...and she was saying "Maybe you ought to post this on you conspiracy site (that is what she calls ATS...) anyway...what a hoot...how funny.

Star and flag for reading my wifes mind...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The OP includes a comment about them looking for a beach to lay their eggs. Since they have instincts and have been doing this for thousands of years something must have happened recently to alter their behavior.
Did they actually get to the beach and turn around because something was wrong with it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Agreed, aren't some animals in tune with the magnetic field of the planet, and if its not that maybe they use a sun position dictated path. Is it possible that they were just following what they thought was.the same path they've been using for millennia and something global is off so they ended.up taking a somewhat altered path.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I was gonna start this if nobody else did. Its a sad crash between nature and human encroachment.
Soapbox now done, I thought this was a very amusing story. Can you imagine the passengers? "This is flight 2343, we are now experiencing a delay, there is a turtle on the runway."

Why did the turtle cross the road?

new topics

top topics

join