It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfire Creates Nuke-Smoke Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

LOS ALAMOS, N.M. -- Residents downwind of a wildfire that is threatening the nation's premier nuclear-weapons laboratory are worried about the potential of a radioactive smoke plume if the flames reach thousands of barrels of waste stored in above-ground tents.

"If it gets to this contamination, it's over -- not just for Los Alamos, but for Santa Fe and all of us in between," said Mai Ting, a resident who lives in the valley below the desert mesas that are home to the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Nuclear waste stored in above ground TENTS? What genius thought this was a good idea?

Top lab officials and fire managers said they're confident the flames won't reach key buildings or areas where radioactive waste is stored above-ground

Not that they would ever inform the general public if it did. If all else fails, maybe we can learn from the Japanese and stuff any leaks with newspaper and diapers. We all saw how well that worked for them.

I can only hope that this does not become another nuclear disaster and that the residents in and around the area are safe. When will we as a species ever learn?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thank you. I searched, and once again found nothing on the "wonderful" search engine here on ATS. Thanks again. Mods please delete.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No problem

I just typed Los Alamos fire....brought up about 10 links

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Ah, I typed in the headline title and got nada. It is what it is.

Namaste

new topics

top topics

join