It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at a time-line for some answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello,

Here's something I have always found interesting. If we draw a straight line depicting time as we know it labeling the far left side as 2000 BC and the far right side as 2004 AD we depict 4004 years of human time. If you were to section this line in 100 year increments you'd have 40 segments of time. My theory revolves around looking back.

Here is the question to pose while analyzing these sections:
Would a person from the year 1500AD (segment) look back at the people from the year 1400AD and view them as backwards, technologically inferior, or even less civilized? Use multiple segments of time and ask the same question. 800AD to 700AD? 1700 to 1600? 1300BC to 1200BC?

Now.....As we creep closer to what we know of as modern times 1800's to today we can segment in smaller increments. Let's use 50 year intervals.

Does a person from 1950 look back at the people from 1900 and consider them technologically inferior ect....I say a fair number of readers will answer in the affirmative but I caution them. The minor (op.) inventions of electricity, combustion engines and the like saw little improvement in this 50 year span. Humans were able to take to the air during this time which seems a humble achievement considering the tens or hundreds of thousands of years observing birds. I tepidly advance to my next point anticipating many to want to debate this 50 year segment.

Does a person of today...2004...look upon someone from 1950 and consider them to be technolically inferior. I conclude this is the single greatest leap in technological, societal, and intellectual evolution mankind has seen. There is no other place in human history for us to look back upon which would remotely compare to this last 50 year segment. None.

Can we associate an event in human history allowing us to rise to our current levels in such a rapid manner?

I conclude an event in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 may play a paramount role in our remarkable ascent to the current levels of technology. Let's look at a small sample of advancements to seemingly appear without the historical documentation of decades or centuries of research and labor.

Space Flight
Computers
Laser Technology
Wireless Communications
Fiber Optics
Turbines
Nuclear Advancements
Nano Technology
Medical Breakthroughs
Miniaturization

We could add to our list for some time. Now it is up to you to explain this one segment of time unlike any other in recorded history. I challenge each of you to either pose a counter argument or elaborate upon the theory I conclude with.

Contact was made in the late 1940's. Subsequent information has been exchanged. Advancements are perceived as human achievements and are heralded as such. Much more exisists than has been released. As in nearly everything we have evolved into, it all comes down to power and money. The keeper of the knowledge (I alledge is the U.S.) becomes a super power in a fraction of time. Americans have only been unified and working together for 250 years. 2.5 time segments! Other countries and civilizations have been unified for thousands of years. How is it possible to be the inventors and keepers of all knowledge and technology in such a small amount of time?

I conclude; It's all in who you know!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think we are well able to develop those technology without the help of aliens.I doubt they found electronic boards (the ones used in motherboards etc) in a crashed UFO

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree, the human mind is an amaznig thing. We seem to be getting new technology exponentially through the years.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You make an interesting point, but the discovery curve will always be exponential until of course there are no more discoveries to make. For instance, the invention of the microscope and telescope enabled scientists to explore things they couldn't even see a year earlier. And the ability to easily communicate across the globe has really accelerated things.

This is not to say that we were not influenced.

The pace of invention and discovery is a little scary.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Something I have always pondered, becker. A while back, I remeber thinking about how technology had seemingly exploded and continued to skyrocket since the 1950s. What caused this sudden tech explosion? This wasnt just gradual discovery made by new inventions, this was like, almost over night in the course of human history. How did it get that way?

Interestingly, as you have said, it coincides with around the time a few UFOs were shot down. Very curious.

By the way, the tech from a UFO isnt an exact copy on it. Like, an advanced motherboard is probably invented while studying the complexity of the UFO, and in that time, coming up with tiny new discoveries and theories, not close to the level of tech on the craft, but sort of an inspiration from it.

When you think of things like satelites, GPS, laser guided smart bombs, these super computers, ect............

I too tend to be from the school that these things came as a result of studying extra terretrial knowldge. New amazing and improved tech will continue to flow as we continue to learn more things about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

think we are well able to develop those technology without the help of aliens.I doubt they found electronic boards (the ones used in motherboards etc) in a crashed UFO

Actually, if you look at the testimony of those who have come forward, you'll see that they found EXACTLY that!
Corso, Marcel, and even some supporting documentation describe circuit boards integrated into the ship (without wires), but also using fibre optic cables (though they didn't have the terms at the time, so you need to look at the descriptions, such as clear plastic small tubing, that seemingly could bend light, etc.)

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Not wishing to pour cold water on the theory, but another consideration is that most inventions and technical advances are brought about through conflict between peoples.

As the worlds major nations seem to have been involved in conflicts almost solidly in the past 150 years, is it any wonder that the rate of invention and the increase in the performance of technology is sppeding up.

Surely its just keeping pace with mans overriding need to destroy.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Theoretically, once something is invented, there comes a huge variation of inventions upon it. I would call it a pyramid. I doubt the probability that we are reproducing ET technology.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi all...

Technology actually started to *boom* when they found a way to mimick the old valves you used to find in old televisions and radios...they found something that they could produce for a lot less dollars, the energy required to run it was a lot less, the heat dissipated was much less and it was a fraction of the size...and it was faster

It was called a transistor...initially, half the size of of a pea.

In a microprocessor today, there are hundreds of thousands of them.

The smaller they make them, the more *pack* they can put into a small space...thus, as time goes by we have smaller more powerful computers, phones, PDA's etc etc

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm down with the alien tech. theory. I will also add the reason humans have not been able to match a spacecraft such as the one I saw, or the likes of others is simple, alien tech. and running the alien tech involves mind over matter which humans may posses but rarely use.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

It was called a transistor...

I agree completely. PBS calls it miracle month. People who believe an alien craft crashed near Roswell would call it a cover story.

Both stories seem incredible to me. But whether it was the blunders of some scientists or the blunders of some aliens, it was definately an "oops" that changed the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dont know whether to back one or the other, because man is capable of many things i will never doubt that! But i also have a belief that ET's have had some sort of contribution on mans developments through time.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It was called a transistor...initially, half the size of of a pea.

Almost anyone of note at the time will tell you that there's no way in hell the person credited with this, came up with it, hehe..... I'd check the debate thread dealing with it for more info....some great stuff there....

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One of the reasons for the rise of the US was the WW2. After the 1930s, the US economy was nothing special, but when the US entered the war, they had the need for more aircrafts, ships, weapons, etc. With that needs also come the need for better and faster ways of producing all those things and the need for better and faster ways of producing the materials used in the making of those things.

Curiously, when people talk about the advancements in technology they do not talk about the thing that has advanced more, in my opinion, chemicals.
Just look around you, almost all things we can see are only possible because the advances in chemistry.
Just look at you computer and think of all the materials that did not existed 50 years ago.
All modern plastics are very different from the first.
The coating of the monitor, both inside and outside.
If you have an LCD display, then all the surface of the display has a coating of liquid molecules that change position when an electrical charge is applied.
The motherboard is made from a material that is very different from the first used in similar uses, bakelite.
The chips on the motherboard only work because of the ceramic casing that dissipates the heat and gives strength.

Also, if more people knew how things work more people could see that such things as the transistor are nothing special. The way it was invented may not be truly known, but they only do the same as the old valves, and most of the times, one valve could do the work of several transistors.

And if you think of old things that we not use anymore, are they really much more simple than today's things?
Can you explain how they invented photography? Radio? Sound recording? Batteries? Clocks?

The fact that they are old does not mean that everybody today can make or even understand how it works.

Never underestimate that thing between your ears, and I mean the brain.

new topics

top topics

join