It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International judges to decide on Gadhafi warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Gadaffi Warrant !

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Judges at the International Criminal Court were to announce Monday whether they will order the arrest of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and two of the most feared members of his regime on charges of crimes against humanity.

Prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo accuses Gadhafi and his forces of opening fire on demonstrators, shelling funeral processions and using snipers to kill people leaving mosques in the early days of the crackdown on rebels fighting to topple Gadhafi from power.

Prosecutors now believe those early attacks were just the start of atrocities by pro-Gadhafi forces.

Is this a classic "accuse somebody else of what you are guilty of" ploy ?

has this been determined by "evidence" that has been manipulated to make Qadaffi look "guilty" ?

Are much of the MSM accounts actually "Media False Flags" ?

Who enforces these "warrants" anyway ?

Maybe the U.S. Marshall Service is getting involved !

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wel, a few things come to mind.

#1 - The US is not a member of the ICC
#2 - The ICC is violating its own charter by issuing an arrest warrant against a person whose country is not a member of the ICC.
#3 - The ICC is violating its own charter by not taking the step of issuing a formal document and delivering it to the Government of Libya that details the charges.
#4 - The ICC did not give Libya the year long deadline to answer said charges
#5 - Did I mention that Libya is not a member of the ICC and as such, not under its jurisdiction?
#6 - The ICC is not part of the United Nations, but a seperate entity.
#7 - Did I mention that Libya is not a member of the ICC and as such, not under its jurisdiction?

The ICC prosecutors have the authority to initiate their own investigation and to file formal charges, which is another issue I take exception to since it creates the very real dilema of political retribution by the ICC PA against the person they ar filing charges against.

As far as warrant execution, any country who is an ICC member who recognizes that authority of the ICC can make the arrest. The charter for the ICC is murky enough where it opens the doors for the person in question to be "removed" and brought before the court.

The term the ICC uses is universal jurisdiction. The theory is some crimes are so heinous that its irrelevant where the crimes are occuring. ICC member nations reserve the right to exercise their aquthority in other countries.

Hypocritcally observing, the ICC would take unilateral action to enforce. Something ICC member countries condemn the US of doing. Its always intresting to watch politics play out on the global scale.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
International Criminal Court is the biggest joke, the ICC gets its funding from Ameircan based NGOs and other Organizations, did you know the ICC Holds 100% of inmates are serbs? who are innocent

Yet the ICC made no efforts to arrest any bosnian Muslim war criminals, croatians they have been all bailed out by the same court.

Every time i hear the ICC been mentioned it makes me ill.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
International Criminal Court is the biggest joke, the ICC gets its funding from Ameircan based NGOs and other Organizations, did you know the ICC Holds 100% of inmates are serbs? who are innocent

Yet the ICC made no efforts to arrest any bosnian Muslim war criminals, croatians they have been all bailed out by the same court.

Every time i hear the ICC been mentioned it makes me ill.

I think you have some facts wrong. To date the ICC has only had about 4-6 investigations, and the majority of those are in Africa. No other trials have been held at the Hague.

Not sure where you are getting that the ICC has tried and sent people to jail altready.

Can you provide a source? I would be intrested in seeing that info.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I had a chuckle about this.
We're actively bombing the country and trying to oust/kill the man....

.. and we issue an arrest warrant?

wtf?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Not to mention the thread about the NY cops who were framing people for the "right reasons"
very far right...reasons
right off the freakin scale.
No wmds..
shouldn't they investigate?

top topics

join