It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

masonic = anarchic symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the compass and level are formed in a fashion very similar to the following symbol:

now we are dealing with a radical group! we all know radicals are detrimental to the well being of governed state.

cabanel.jennifer.free.fr...

[edit on 10-8-2004 by dribbler]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
your link doesn't work...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
well cut and paste it then. surely a mason knows how to cut and paste.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i fixed it so go check it now!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
ah. that works. EDIT : cheers for fixing it..

looking at the symbol, it looks like a letter A(for Anarchy) in a circle. is there reason to read more into it that that?

p.s. what makes you think I'm a mason?

[edit on 10-8-2004 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok.....

This is obviously an artistic representation of the letter "A", its not a Masonic symbol. There is no compass, nor level in this image so I don't see how you are even relating this remotely to the craft. Additionally we dont use the Compass and Level combined in any symbolical form so again, you're way off.

My sincere advice to you is to stop posting regarding this topic, go read some books for a few years and realize the error in your ways.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i never said you were a mason. i said that the masons can figure it out. it resembles the logo of the masons with the ruler and compass. very similar and very scary.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dribbler
it resembles the logo of the masons with the ruler and compass. very similar and very scary.

We don't have an emblem with a ruler and compass, and this symbol you speak of looks nothing like our emblem. Let this post be evidence of how little you know of Freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
you know nothing about what i am trying to say. basically, you know nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

At first I was eager to dispel the poorly formed arguments, to contest the vociferous ignorance you have brought to this form, and to shed the light of levity on your personal attacks on those that have proven you wrong. No more, your claims of being unfairly maligned has reached my sensitive simian ears, I am a primate of compassion... to all. The warnings (for plagiarism and personal attacks) you received seem to be a source of personal pain, I feel your pain, and in token of the spirit of ATS, I present an award for all that you have done thus far... congratulations.

Mirthful Monkeys, not just for Saturday morning cartoons anymore...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Dribbler~~
A little advice, don't 'dis people who've been here longer than you have. It just may be these folks know way more than you do.
Your posts speak volumes, btw.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
dribbler,
Where do you come up with this stuff? Do you do any research before sticking your foot in your mouth? Here are somethings you might want to think about, actually what you should have thought about before your rediculious post.

1. What comprises the Masonic symbol you think your talking about?
2. What comprises the Anarchists symbol?
3. When was the Masonic symbol you think your talking about created?
4. When was the Anarchy symbol created?
5. Realise that Anarchists are against structure, and the Masonic Lodges are structured.
6. Open your eyes, take your meds, and come back down to earth.

Might want to do step 6 first, buy hey, I know it won't matter anyways.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
would you please just go away! That is posssibly the stupidest thing you have come up with yet. Particularly in light of the fact the the Compass and Square (I think it is a square, correct me if I'm wrong) predates the "A" symbol for anarchy by a very long time. And besides that Freemasonry pedates the organized Anarchy (how's that for an oxymoron) movement by ALMOST TWO CENTURIES (I am dating this from 1717.)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ROFL.

M irthful, that award is PRICELESS. How a simple picture ca speak volumes.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Dribbler, this is an inexcusably rude way to reply, & particularly so in a person of professed Christian beliefs.

I am neither a mason nor intending to be one, yet I ventured into these forums recently to ask some questions. I asked politely, & in turn, I was answered politely, helpfully & very fully. Since then, I have taken to lurking on these forums as a source of humour, due to the [hopefully unintentionally] ridiculous statements & claims made by mason-bashers, who usually seem quite unaware of how funny they sound. And sadly [or even more funny], most of them don't seem to possess a sense of humour.

You are certainly one of those IMO. Furthermore, you seem totally obsessed with the idea that masons are - take your pick - ungodly, satanic, evil etc. And like most of the other mason-bashers, you seem totally unaware of ATS's useful "Search" feature - check it out at the top of the page, before your repetitiveness becomes really irritating.

You keep opening thread after useless thread on the subject of your obsession, you don't observe the rules of debate, you respond in rude fashion, & this type of troll-like behaviour could get you suspended or banned from ATS eventually

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet

Dribbler, this is an inexcusably rude way to reply, & particularly so in a person of professed Christian beliefs.

[snip]

& this type of troll-like behaviour could get you suspended or banned from ATS eventually

oh....wouldn't THAT be a shame....

Excellent post, Bastet! Thanks!

top topics

join