It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the source of anti-female threads on BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The reason for all the female-bashing threads is actually quite simple: population pressure.

Males are hard-wired to compete for female attention. If you read through the anti-womanist posts in the off-topic section, you will see men that tacitly admit they cannot compete for females. Instead of being upset by their incendiary rhetoric, read between the lines to deduce the authors' insecurities.

Notice that female "obsession with wealth and fame" usually tops the list of failings. Inevitably, this sort of diatribe is posted by a young man without either, who is too young to have actually achieved anything substantial yet. He feels inadequate, and then goes on to blame all women for being obsessed with it. The truth is, the author is--not the women he despises.

The accusations of "shallowness" are nothing more than the fox complaining of sour grapes, which were out of his reach to begin with. He blames the fact that he cannot get them on the reasoning that he would not have enjoyed them even if he had been successful.

I believe all this unpleasantness is from young men who are (for the moment) at the bottom of society's ladders; they would be "peripheral males" in a non-human primate troop. These are the monkeys who try to get status by competing for the rewards of the alpha male. He usually rewards by providing access to desirable females or to other resources. It's just a fact of the way primate societies work that the peripheral males take most of the risks; they are the ones who reconnoiter rival troops, who explore caves and copses to see if leopards lie in wait, who drink from the water hole to see if it is poisoned. They are the ones who engage in actual combat (also true in humans); they do the work of protecting the troop, even while they receive the fewest rewards for doing so.

What happens when the population pressure increases beyond tolerable limits is, quite honestly, that peripheral males begin deserting their packs. In many mammals, homoerotic and autoerotic behavior may increase substantially among the lowest-ranking males. (true of young beef bulls) Human sexuality is intimately tied to peer pressure, particularly in the most sexually active population--young adults.

What are the "female bashing" threads actually telling us about their authors?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

It even starts with brainwashing the kids by the media.

Even Disney did it, Donald Duck had to get a car or he didn't had a chance to get a date with Daisy Duck.

And not all men are in the big race or game, I prefer it when a woman flirts with me.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

A well thought out post with relevant points. But what about the female point of view?

Studies have shown than females want a male who is financially stable, first and foremost.

Second, he must be a leader, of strong body, mind and will.

This is also part of the evolutionary scale amongst our species.

My own experience tells me that every woman I have had a relationship with liked/loved me for some of my qualities, but not all. At the point that we agree to be monogamous, the subtle games of trying to change me starts.

Sorry to disappoint ladies, but love me for whom I am, not what you want me to be. And if I do change my habits for you, don’t criticize that I am going to slow, these things take time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, speaking as an older woman who has been married to the same man for 32 years, I think women want what they have always wanted. The man who can best provide for the family. I don't think your generation is aware of that motivation, not even the women, because we as a society don't think the family unit is important anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It could also be that you're on a conspiracy website with talk about aliens, UFOs, Hollow Earth, New World Order, Political Madness, Religious conspiracies and on and on.

I think this is less a statement about men in general and more an issue that we're talking about nerdy guys in their basement who love the supernatural or mountain militia men who have more guns than teeth. J/k guys but you know who you are

Its a jealousy thing and a defense mechanism. " I never wanted that pretty girl anyway, shes all into TV, makeup and celebrities". When in fact I feel many men on this website never had a chance with that girl in the first place.

I mean what are you going to talk to that girl about? How reptilians are secretly infilitrating the government and caused the Fukushima disaster because they feed on radiated human organs?
edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well, I'm female and thinking back on younger days, I can honestly say I didn't go for the Alpha male. Too egotistical! In the end the Alphas ended up ditched! Know one now.
Women don't always go for tall dark and handsome either. The girls I went to school with definitely did not pick the best looking of the bunch either. I don't know of any of them that married for security, this bunch was just following their heart strings! Not here anyway. Some of these men may be tall but their looks are far from prince charming. And some girls even chose plump ones. One that chose a plump one, this girl was the school beauty queen! .Now these two have made their life together a very good prosperous one on their own.
Maybe these young males were shunned by a pretty cheerleader, school beauty queen, or most popular girl in school. There are many other girls to pick from. And by the way, all females do not have an agenda to pick the cream of the crop either with the most positive qualifications in males.
I see young women today with young men that definitely don't have a future! Neither one of them does!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Ahhhhhh, my dream girl? One that loves to debate (not argue) conspiracy theories on a rational level, loves to hunt and fish and live in the country, and doesn’t mind my having a beer now and then. I’m still looking for an equal partner.

I have more teeth than guns, but I do have both. Every girlfriend I have had has insisted that I give the guns up. Why?

I will admit that I am a knuckle dragging Neanderthal, but I am who I am. I always tell friends that I will never go through manopause because I refuse to give up the inner child in me.

Then again, I am the baby in my family and have 5 older sisters, so every time we have a family reunion, I live this thread.

Could be why I’m still single?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah. I'd like to find a girl like that. She's gotta play music too though. Maybe our standards are too high. But, then again, looking back on some of my previous love affairs....yeeelch...lights off please.

The gun thing though? I dont get it. I have friends who say the same thing. We all want security and protection....well I'd rather have a gun than a big paycheck. Paper cuts wont keep a burgler or UN soldiers away.

Maybe some ladies on here can answer the gun question.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Todays closed train wreck of a thread was a hoot! I cant even begin to take it seriously..
Poor deluded chap.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I'm curious. Why is this a train wreck? The OP makes some good points, but as usual, the topic spun off. Or did it?

I think that everyone has their points of view on how we interact with one another.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am loving this thread! Had to add my 2 cents.

Been married to the same guy for 19 years. We both have guns. lol
He is not rich nor is he gorgeous. I chose him because he is RESPONSIBLE and hard working and has a very strong sense of honor and is kind.. Qualities that are ( no offense guys, I am generalising here) VERY hard to come by. I didn't choose him because he had a new expensive truck, but because he can fix his old truck in a pinch with a coat hanger and chewing gum. lol Good guy to have around when TSHTF. And also because I love him.

I like to blame it all on pop culture. Lol.
Seriously. So many of the young folks nowadays think that television and pop stars exist to show them who and how to be. Who sets the fashion trends? Who does every one talk about? Who do you see on the MSM news? Shallow, insipid, drug addled sleazy pop stars. (generalising again) Am I wrong? And it seems like all the late teens and 20 somethings all want to emulate them. Sad

Dont give up though guys. There are plenty of "real" women out there. They might not even mind so much if you talk about aliens and HAARP
and own a few guns.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I only fear the woman that can out shoot me.

I'm smart enough to never get in a argument with her.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You are a wise man TDawgRex.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

What are the "female bashing" threads actually telling us about their authors?

That these are the guys who never, EVER, will get laid.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Another woman chiming in!

I've been married to the same awesome guy for 20 years. When we met he was unemployed and didn't own a house or a vehicle. But I saw a light in him that told me that he was trying to do the best he could. At first glance he wasn't a real looker- he was short and skinny, not tall and broad. But he had a smile that could light up a room and had a positive outlook despite his circumstances. He had (and still has) the best sense of humor of anyone I've ever met. He was an awesome conversationalist and we had many deep discussions about anything and everything- still do.

Within a few months of our meeting we were deeply in love. He's a hardworking, loving, intelligent man who accepts people for who they are. He supports me in whatever I do, even when I'm raising cain at city council and school board meetings or fueding with our one nosy neighbor. Not to mention he adopted my two kids and raised them as his own, and is now one of the most kick-butt grandpa's in the world!

Anyway, my point is this: Don't judge women all the same all you guys that have been hurt or rejected. Not all women are after a man just because of looks and money. And just so you know a lot of times men wont approach a woman because he thinks "that kind" of woman would never give you a chance. You're wrong! My husband thought that way- thank goodness I was smart enough to ask HIM out!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I just have to say that the OP of that other thread actually reminded me of myself, 25 years ago.

When I was in college, it was easy to resent the superficial quality of the dating scene. But I came to realize that there were lots of girls worth knowing, who were friends with, or were sorority sisters with the plastics.

The thing about peripheral males is, some females choose a guy who hasn't done much yet, but whose star is bound to rise and whose "stock" will inevitably go up in value.

As my marriage approaches its second decade, I can't help but think how relieved I am to love someone I trust.

top topics

join